Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fern Bay Anyone

Page 10 of 10
It's good, we didnt have any errors that i can recall either.
gutted about the tree though, i don't think there would be an official way but a call to aspen couldn't hurt
We have in our plans that the tree was to be moved by the owner (us). The plans were approved by Aspen. I also contacted Damien Carpenter re moving the tree, he said it's not as simple as digging a hole and dropping it in. So I asked that he provide the spec as to how it should be relocated which he asured me he would provide by email, 3 months later no email. Must not be that important. Looks like I will be digging a hole and dropping it in...
Has anyone else had trouble getting the prefured builder bonus out of the developer? We applied for it the first week of december..
We had no issues. We applied end jan and got the payment end feb.

We dealt with Damien and had Cindy cc'd in the whole time
Well we're not getting the builder to do driveway anymore so perhaps I can just leave it for now?... they can still have access...

Just annoyed as the hubby and I divvied up all the jobs to do and this (AND our loan) was meant to be his. Guess who is finalising all the loan docs and will probably end up sorting out this damn tree.

RandL, see the previous comment, I'd heard from neighbours up there that Aspen are looking to offload the whole development, they might be holding out a bit while looking for a buyer? Apparently option 1 is that another developer will take over and things will go mostly like the plans already put in or option 2 is no further development after the current stages in the forseeable future.

Meanwhile, we're in council as of this week, how long is Port Stephens Council taking, anyone know?
Miss Windsor
Well we're not getting the builder to do driveway anymore so perhaps I can just leave it for now?... they can still have access...

Just annoyed as the hubby and I divvied up all the jobs to do and this (AND our loan) was meant to be his. Guess who is finalising all the loan docs and will probably end up sorting out this damn tree.

RandL, see the previous comment, I'd heard from neighbours up there that Aspen are looking to offload the whole development, they might be holding out a bit while looking for a buyer? Apparently option 1 is that another developer will take over and things will go mostly like the plans already put in or option 2 is no further development after the current stages in the forseeable future.

Meanwhile, we're in council as of this week, how long is Port Stephens Council taking, anyone know?

Ours was really quick, less than a week, that was back in Feb.
Time for an update, we moved our tree without incident almost a month ago now. The driveway is in and we will be to in 6-8 weeks. The developer bonus also turned up a few days after I last posted.

The_Lalas - as soon as I saw your card yesterday I remembered meeting you guys on here a while back. Good to meet you 2 in person!
Great news that you'll be in soon!

We're expecting to FINALLY be on the construction list by month's end now. Just awaiting our Authority to Commence.
RandL
Time for an update, we moved our tree without incident almost a month ago now. The driveway is in and we will be to in 6-8 weeks. The developer bonus also turned up a few days after I last posted.

The_Lalas - as soon as I saw your card yesterday I remembered meeting you guys on here a while back. Good to meet you 2 in person!

Good to meet you too. We went past today to see our roof. Yours is looking really good
Miss Windsor
Great news that you'll be in soon!

We're expecting to FINALLY be on the construction list by month's end now. Just awaiting our Authority to Commence.

Just wait till they pour the slab, everything runs like clock work after that. 1 month after they poured our slab, the frame, roof and bricks were all completed.

Looks like we will be very shortly, with hand over scheduled for monday week.
Next up will be the lawn, or lack of at the moment.
Congrats on being in very soon.

We're having the site pegged next week and slab hopefully the week after.
I know this is an older post, but is anyone building in Stage 6 in Seaside Estate Fern Bay?

We settled on our land in Feb and just waiting on our plans to be approved by the Estate.
Hey kd,

Who are you building with?

I have just found this thread in the last 2 days as I have been looking for info regarding the progress and issues regarding this estate.

My wife and I are waiting on the approval from the bank for a block of land in stage 8b (Dune Stage).

Fingers crossed we get the go ahead soon!

Good luck with your plans!

PJ
Hi PJW81,

We are building with Hotondo Homes port stephens. They have been great! We had a lot of trouble getting plans approved, but finally got the go ahead to submit to council just over a week ago!

Good luck on getting the approval!!

Kylie
Hi Kylie,

Do you mind me asking what council where knocking you back on regarding the plans?

Pat
It wasn't council knocking us back it was the estate.

First our plans and colour chart weren't sent thru how they wanted it, then we had to change our roof tiles and last had to extend our front porch. Just make sure who ever you build with really reads the design guidelines that you are given.

Kylie
Oh right, we like one of the Mcdonald Jones Homes, Garden Retreat. So from all of our conversations it sounds like they have everything under control as they have been building their homes there for a while now.

Anyone else here used McDonald Jones, I'm interested in knowing what sort of foundations/peiring were used when building.

Thanks,

Pat
Hi pwj81,

How did you go with your land? We too bought in state 8b and have now started the planning process. We are going with McDonald jones homes - the Vienna. We have our first selections appointment tomorrow! I know we are a bit off settling the land but it's exciting to get the ball rolling. We went to check out the land last weekend, it no longer has trees so we are hoping they are running ahead of schedule

Nat

Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum