Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Austral Bricks Urban Range Quality Question

Page 2 of 2
bluemetal77
Hi Guys!
We opted for the Urban One - Almond too. Because we wanted a lighter colored brick + we were using off-white mortar with flush joints .. it would look like a bagged finish from distance ..

I do agree that the quality isn't too great but seriously, its better than some really @%^# bricks at Austral... At the end of the day, bricks are outside, they can discolor or go nuts in the sun and rain, can't get them to stay brand new .. I guess I'll do a moroka/paint/bagged finish to the house in a few years and give it a new look anyways ..

Hi Guys,

We went for the Urban One range in their Olive colour. Was initially very nervous about the choice but they look great once up.
Link to latest pics below.
http://jacksonsbuild.blogspot.com/2010/02/brickwork-progress.html
A neighbour has used the Hayman and it looks beautiful. No yucky orange colour at all. A beautiful antique white.
Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum