Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

PCI inspection tomorrow for EBH Metro 29

Page 1 of 1
hi all,

ive got my PCI tomorrow morning. got a long list of things to raise and plan on taking my time to ensure nothing is missed.

anyone got any tips for me?

thanks in advance

mel
Hi Mel,

Having been through an EB PCI just recently things to look out for.

Paint imperfections (we had quite a few)

Poor finish to skirting (see my thread for examples)

Scratches, peaking, and miss-aligned tiles. (We had a few of each)

Don't get distracted by the SS wanting to "have a chat" as you perfrom your inspection.

Make sure you control the roll of tape used to indentify each item.

And the golden rule - if it isn't listed on the PCI sheet that you sign then there isn't a problem for EB to fix.

Overall it was a good process and all of my fixes got fixed, just take your time and keep your eyes open. Look at each wall surface from at least 2 angles to ensure you don't miss anything.

Best of luck.

Rgds

Leonard.
Take your electrical plan with you & walk through EVERY room.
Locate each electrical item inside & outside.
Make sure the electrical item is in the correct position & also make sure the correct quantities were installed.

Don't let the SS rush you!!!!!

This is your only chance of getting the defects recorded & acknowledged by EB.
hi Leonard and Yvonne,

thankyou for the tips.

we had the PCI this morning at 9am...finished at 1pm (yes 4 hours worth of PCI). dont think our SS was impressed but i didnt care. they shouldn't have made so many mistakes for me to point out!!!

we had heaps of paint touch ups mainly but a few other things also.

i didnt get your messages until now (after the inspection) but seem to have followed your tips anyway without even knowing it.

and yes our SS was not writing everything down...at the end i asked if he wrote down the 'wonlky glass panel' and he said 'yes' and i asked him to show me on the list and then he got his electronic pen out and wrote it on LOL lucky i asked for the written evidence...its for a main window for the front of the house so its really noticeable... grrrrrr...

anyway lets hope it doesnt take long to fix up fingers crossed we might get in before christmas,,,but we know it may not be the case.

thanks for all your help to date, its really appreciated
OMG, I don't get this!! Eg.:
if it isn't listed on the PCI sheet that you sign then there isn't a problem for EB to fix
Does this mean that you must notice and write down all defects on the spot (or even worse, make sure that He writes it
) and if you miss it, it "doesn't exist" ??? What??
I thought you have a month (or maybe 2 or 3) and so you can "afford" to not notice something on the day?? ... Why did I get that idea
?? (maybe I saw it in the contract, will double check and check for understanding too
) ...
maybe it also differs from one builder (or state?) to another ?
Lex
OMG, I don't get this!! Eg.:
if it isn't listed on the PCI sheet that you sign then there isn't a problem for EB to fix
Does this mean that you must notice and write down all defects on the spot (or even worse, make sure that He writes it
) and if you miss it, it "doesn't exist" ??? What??
I thought you have a month (or maybe 2 or 3) and so you can "afford" to not notice something on the day?? ... Why did I get that idea
?? (maybe I saw it in the contract, will double check and check for understanding too
) ...
maybe it also differs from one builder (or state?) to another ?

Hi Lex - yes there is the 90 day (3 month) check point which is there to cover identified issues after you settle and move in but for me I would rather pick-up as many items as possible before settlement that way the builder knows for sure you haven't caused them so there is no arguement to get them fixed. It's not that I don't trust my builder to do the right thing but.....from a risk and time wasting perspective I'd rather not have the hassel of proving an issue is the builders after we move in.
Oh, thanks, KnockItDown! Geez, got a shocker ... that they have all that time and we'd only have a few hours to go through it all ... Your cautiousness makes sense to me.
We had our PCI today and our SS who is great said that if we notice anything when we move in let him know and he will get it fixed, he told us we can't be expected to see EVERYTHING until you live with something for a while.
Related
14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum