Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Did not get termite protection :((((. What can I do now?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We are building with M and are nearly at handover. Due to ignorance, I did not know anything about termite protection and doubt it came as standard (I will confirm on Monday but it is highly unlikely as it is not mentioned anywhere). Now the panic is setting in.

How important is termite protection? What options do I have now that the house is built? Has anyone done termite protection immediately after building their home? What does this involve ?

Thanks all !
Hi there

It should be part of your state or territories building regulations that termite protection has to be done. We don't have it in our specific contract but it is in the master builders contract. Just talk your builder about it.
Thanks Marco. I saw the below in this thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=25587&p=348384&hilit=termite+protection+standard#p348384 and started worrying ?
Quote:
slknv wrote:
mickeyb wrote:
HI guys

Does anyone know what is standard with Metr!con when it comes to Termite Protection?

Thanks in advance

Erm, there's no standard termite protection. Cost us about $1400 or so I think.

I am sure we did not pay anything extra for termite protection ...
Hi mdfarooq1,

Check point 3 in your new home contract "Site Specific Requirements". It says "provide termite protection (where required)". It may be a stupid spray, that is totally useless, or may be something else. It will depend on your building location.

If you feel you have not got adequate protection, you can install a perimetre system whcih will need to be topped up every 1 or 2 years (system dependant). But, depending on location, you may already have this. Check with your CSC.
Thanks for that Joles. I shall check with my CSC and see what they say! Hopefully they have put something in there
This is Eager's build thread. He built with M and got the perimetre termite treatment. There are some pics on page 4.

Here is the link to his thread (should come up on the right page).
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5425&p=80354&hilit=termite#p80354
Related
21/06/2023
Termite Protection

General Discussion

Yes, neither is termite damage that is not covered by your house insurance.

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum