Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our 'Off white' mortar looks light grey...

Page 1 of 1
We paid to upgrade our mortar to off white. The bricks are now done, but the mortar looks light grey and not what we were expecting. We have had a bit of rain but none for the last few days and I would have expected it would have all dried out and gone the colour that it was supposed to. We compared it to the next door neighbour who has similar coloured bricks with off white mortar and his is much 'whiter' than ours.

I feel that because we paid for this upgrade we should be happy with it. Does anyone know what builder can do about lightening the mortar once the bricks are all done, or are we stuck with it?

What options do we have???
Well it sounds like it's due to the sand that they have used. I suppose the first thing is to contact Coral to make sure that the upgrade was actually done. Not sure if they will do anything to fix it though. They can re-mortar the whole lot but that's a big job.
Good luck.
How long since it was bricked? It gets lighter as it dries
It's been a couple of weeks since the bricks were done. We thought that it might lighten up too, that's why we hadn't said anything yet. We contacted Coral today who said they would check it out. Don't think anything will happen unfortunately. Just a bit upset as it wasn't the look we were expecting
Related
21/03/2024
White sand for mortar

Building A New House

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum