Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Tile with Private - NotwithHenley - Need suggestions please

Page 1 of 1
Hi There
I am building with Henley- Monterey Q2, i went to see Cosham - color selection center, their Tile is not that good and dont have many collection.
Can anyone out there please suggest me , if i do tiling separately with Private Tiler, is that okay, i can save $5000 with Category 3 tiles, i m now confused what to do.
Henley doesnot offer tiling and carpet like other builders does.
Please let me know, if i do the tile after Henley completed the house.
Anyone has real life experience please let me know.

cheers
Tania
Hey tania,

Congrats for choosing Henley to build MONTEREY.

WIth tiles, I got the same confusion as they don't have many collection. But remember in Monterey Laundry flooring is open to the main flooring and Henley does Flooring in wet areas(Laundry is included). So I deceided to choose tiles in category 1 and went with Henley...(COZ doesn't look good if you have two different tiles in laundry and main area)

I carefully selected ivory color tile but the size is 330x330 and not 400x400. But I compromised with this as my paint color Buff it Half really matched well with the tiles...And I liked it.

With Carpet...still under confusion.
Try PM-ing CiNny... she did her own tiles/carpets after handover.

We've chosen tiles through Henley, but will do carpets ourselves after handover.
Hi,

I'm building with Henley and I'm doing my own tiles and carpet.
I've chosen my tiles from Tile Shed and carpet from Fowless.
DIVYA
Hey tania,

Congrats for choosing Henley to build MONTEREY.

WIth tiles, I got the same confusion as they don't have many collection. But remember in Monterey Laundry flooring is open to the main flooring and Henley does Flooring in wet areas(Laundry is included). So I deceided to choose tiles in category 1 and went with Henley...(COZ doesn't look good if you have two different tiles in laundry and main area)

I carefully selected ivory color tile but the size is 330x330 and not 400x400. But I compromised with this as my paint color Buff it Half really matched well with the tiles...And I liked it.

With Carpet...still under confusion.

Don't you have options to have door between Laundry and the main area?
Hi Tania, we're building the Monterey Q2 also. We ended up deleting the tiles in the Laundry and will do them ourselves so they match the rest of the house. Pity, as we originally signed with PD and they had a promotion for tiles & carpet for $2,999.

Erin,
Wondering how much Henley chatged you for the tiles. We Were quoted around $10k

star_panorama
Wondering how much you ended up paying for tiles laid?
Star _Panorama,

I got a door in laundry, still the in flooring aspect...u can't put a differnet tiles in laundry and looks weird.
That's why I said so. Btw, I'm planning to go with Fowless.
Could you please tell me how much do they charge?

What are you building with Henley?

Moonos21, If you delete the tiles for laundry, does Henley refund the money back? Is it worth? (Normally they give less amount when refunding & charge you high when you go for it)

Could you guys help me ASAP, coz got tender appointment tomorrow.
Moonos21
Erin, Wondering how much Henley chatged you for the tiles. We Were quoted around $10k

Hey Moonos21, here's our break down of costs for tiling... (we have the same floor tile througout the house, including bathrooms and laundry so all the flooring flows - we're only carpeting the bedrooms, a living area, and the front lounge)

* Additional cost for extra cost floor tiling in laundry in lieu of standard category 1 tile: $262
* Additional cost for extra cost floor tiling in bathroom and WC in lieu of standard category 1 tile: $204
* Additional cost for extra cost floor tiling in ensuite, including WC in lieu of standard category 1 tile: $408
* Additional cost for extra cost floor tiling to ground floor in kitchen, entry, family, dining & rear hallway: $9,451

Hey - star_panorama... are you building the Panorama???
Does this mean I'm not alone?
You can delete all the wet area tiling except for the tiling in the showers.
DIVYA
Moonos21, If you delete the tiles for laundry, does Henley refund the money back? Is it worth? (Normally they give less amount when refunding & charge you high when you go for it)

We had our tender yesterday. Think the credit was around $360, but you can find that out tomorrow.

What other additions/changes are you making?
hi Moonos,

I changed the folllowing:

1. Early had 17.5m lot option to fit my block, but deleted that (so need to do variation with the council)
2. Theatre Meals option iwth corner Alfresco (enabling more natural light as my block runs southwest - northeast)
3. Vanity option with drawers in it ILO of standard
4. Front Entry lock - Tri-Lever ILO of standard
5. Delux Electrical plan ILO standard
6. Ashmore Facade with part rendered option
7. May delete Carpet(can do private after handover)
8. Thinking of tiles....?

Where are you building? Are you building Monte Q1 or Q2?
Moonos21
Hi Tania, we're building the Monterey Q2 also. We ended up deleting the tiles in the Laundry and will do them ourselves so they match the rest of the house. Pity, as we originally signed with PD and they had a promotion for tiles & carpet for $2,999.

Erin,
Wondering how much Henley chatged you for the tiles. We Were quoted around $10k

star_panorama
Wondering how much you ended up paying for tiles laid?

Hi Moonos21,

I'm paying $6000 for tiles (110m2) and maybe around $4000 for the labour.
DIVYA
Star _Panorama,

I got a door in laundry, still the in flooring aspect...u can't put a differnet tiles in laundry and looks weird.
That's why I said so. Btw, I'm planning to go with Fowless.
Could you please tell me how much do they charge?

What are you building with Henley?

I only do carpet with Fowless, for tiles I go to Tile Shed. Fowless is pretty good but I found the one i like at Tile Shed

[img=http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4352/photo2gi.th.jpg]

And, yes aaron4erin you're not alone...although I'm in the lockup stage
don't you just love our floorplan!
star_panorama
And, yes aaron4erin you're not alone...although I'm in the lockup stage
don't you just love our floorplan!
ooh I'm so envious... we're hoping for lock up by xmas. It's a fantastic floor plan... love it!
DIVYA
hi Moonos,

I changed the folllowing:

1. Early had 17.5m lot option to fit my block, but deleted that (so need to do variation with the council)
2. Theatre Meals option iwth corner Alfresco (enabling more natural light as my block runs southwest - northeast)
3. Vanity option with drawers in it ILO of standard
4. Front Entry lock - Tri-Lever ILO of standard
5. Delux Electrical plan ILO standard
6. Ashmore Facade with part rendered option
7. May delete Carpet(can do private after handover)
8. Thinking of tiles....?

Where are you building? Are you building Monte Q1 or Q2?

We're building in Point Cook, Innisfail. We're building the Q2 as it was within our budget and our block is only 16m wide. We did add 1 metre to the master br and 1.5 metres to the alfresco so will be well over 30sq in the end. As well as this we also changed

1. Alt Laundry, Living, Casual
2. Upgrade pack to include evaporative cooling for $1,900, then upgraded to refrigerated ducted cooling for another $2,700
3. Upgraded the bricks to cat 3, which then added a cost for low pressure cleaning!
4. Off white mortar
5. Corinthian Slimlite entry door with translucent glazing and extra for staining & trilock
6. Vinyl sliding doors to robes in br 2,3 & 4
7. Doors to living/theatre, back hallway (sliding cavity)
8. Sound proofing to various walls
9. Pot drawers
10. Vanity option with drawers
11. Overhead cupboards in laundry
12. tiled skirting in wet areas
13. upgraded the toilets
14. added a number of 2 way switches, junction boxes and moved batten lights around for downlights after handover
15 Upgrade to Edison facade

Have also just sent a request to widen the bir's in 2 of the br's so hopefully can sneak that one in! Just booked in a date to sign our contract.
Hello All
Thanks for the reply, regarding Tiles:
As per my calculation , i can save $3000-$4000 with Cat 3 (Porcelin Tiles) BUT catch is nobody will take responsibility if the Tile is cracked, Tiler will blame the builder and vice versa.
I didnt really like the Tiles in Cosham centre, National tiles has varities of tile to choose from.
During my First color appointment, the Interior consultant advised me to choose the tile first in order to select Laminate color, kitchen benchtop etc etc. i was so confused, i have to go back tomorrow for second color appointment.
I need help with Choosing Laminate color and internal wall color, i am really very bad at this.
I like light and calm color inside the house.
If i am not doing the tile with Henley (for rest of the house) except wet area, what should i really do to choose other components like Laminate color , benchtop color etc.
this all very confusing, i need some confidence guys.

cheers
Tania
Hi Tania,

I finished my tender appointment today. Tender presenter was awesome and was very patient with us.
I confirmed everything. And HEnley is doing both carpets and tiles for us.
I was in same boat early...

Itz easy....Just decide what tiles you looking for..(say choose your scheme....white based or brown based or any other color) I choosed ivory shades(I love light shades at home)

Then from there choose your color for benchtop....light or dark shade....Most of them in this forum went with light shades like Ice snow. ospery...et., But I' m too bad in cleaning and hence went for dark color and choosed ZULU black color and to match this benchtop I went for Stipple Seal (brownish grey) which also contrast your floor color....

My sugggestion would be just look at many of our blog and their color combinations....You can easily come to some conclusion.
Our consultant Dee Kidd was fabulous.

Hope this helps....Go Cosham atleast two or three times before color appointment....Have some color scheme in mind and go with it...

Happy Color Selection!
Hi Divya
Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Is that your tiles name is ivory shades? please let me know, just want to have a look.
I will let u know once i finish my colour appointment.

Good luck with ur new home Div

bye
Tania
When did Henley start doing carpets?
Tania,
I' tried hard to attach the image but I couldn't. If you give me ur email address, I can send it to you all the colors.

Floor Tile : Trieste Avorio Gloss 330x330
Bath, Ensuite Floor Tile : Millenium Biege 330x 330

See my thread for complete colors.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24442&start=20

Ari
When did Henley start doing carpets?

Yep Ari. They do carpets as well. It sounds cheap for me. I got kids at home and hence I don't want to put mony on it..I chose SDN carpet from Henley.
Related
10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/07/2023
Private inspector charge by builder

Building A New House

If you already have a contract, is the inspection cost stated in there? If not they would be forced to issue you a variation which you could of course object to.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum