Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Masterton Havanna....home sweet home,moved in!!

Page 6 of 6
Congratulations kkatt! Your place looks absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad you're all settling in and that your building journey is over - you can now settle down and just enjoy your new home.
shonzilla
Hi Kkatt,

Your place looks very nice! That fire will be keeping you warm! I had one in my old house, i miss it.. we had ours hooked up the the hotwater system (dont know how that was done) but it was well worth it!

and i see you are cooking chicken - yum!

Have you decided on the layout for the front as yet?

Thanks Shonzilla,Not sure about the frount yet,driveway and path to door is all we are up to.
Yes chicken, apricot chicken! YUMMO...I was hoping noboby would notice that

SunshineT
Oh just stunning Kkatt!!! Well done.
The sun through the windows is lovely. Very homely, especially with the dog
It must make all the hard work of the paperwork and building process seem worthwhile ... I really LOVE your timber floors - what wood is that? Spotted Gum??? T

Thankyou SunshineT, It does make it all worth it,you think you will never get to the end of it all but you do

The dog is driving me a little crazy with the sound of her nails walking on the floor

She used to only be in at night in the old house but we dont have a proper fence yet.So she is inside pretty much all the time.
I love my floor to,Yes it is spotted Gum Laminate!! I am so impressed with it,everyone thinks its real timber.

Pebbles
Wow Kkatt! Your house looks like a home already, everything looks great
... I love your floors too - veeery nice! I notice you have two sidelights at your front door (we have one) are you going to put a curtain or anything over them or leave them as they are?

Thankyou Pebbles! Yes i have pretty much everything unpacked except books etc (need to buy a new bookcase when we get to ikea) I have to sort all my photos out for my B&W photo wall i want to do.
The glass on the sides of the door we where just going to leave as where. Since being in here we have decided to put like a frosted glass film on the windows.Even though there is wall at the door you can see in a little to much.
Well done Jen ur finally in...u must be relieved. Looks really good, and nice choise of colours and materials.

One question.....who installed ur wood heater???? and what did they charge?...I have had a couple quotes but seem to be very over the top with price.
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum