Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MANHATTAN PLACE, Tarneit ... Who's building here?

Page 1 of 7
I was wondering if anyone is currently buying / building in Manhattan Place, the Estate, in Tarneit?

I know there was a previous thread with two users, (Toast and KarenB), who have brought and already finished building in here, but the thread has seemed to die. So I thought Id start a new one to see if I have any current neighbours building with me.

Ohh, yeah, ive brought my block in there ... starting my build soon
Hi! We are building there too. We are building the kingsford with NBG and waiting on our final drawings so we can start. We are on Hester st. Where are you?
We are building 'The Albany' (as shown with my name LOL) by National Builders Group aswell. We are also waiting on Finals so we can start. How did you find NBG so far?
We are definitely neighbours, that's very close by!! We have found NBG great to deal with, they have been quick to contact us back, followed up with us quickly and have been really friendly. I'm just finding the process incredibly slow. That's partly our fault as it took ages to get finance but we had to make a variation on our design to keep the 5 star energy rating & we've now waited 3 weeks for the final plans to be sent to the builder. I was told it would about a week. I'm a little annoyed at that but when I read of others' experiences I can't really complain!!

I did want to ask though, I took a look at your plans and I noticed that your garage was sitting in front of the house a little. Ours is too, about 2m in front. I'm concerned that the council will make us set it back due to the covenance in place. I'm pretty sure it says that the preference is for the garage to be level with the house. Do you think there will a problem?

Oh. And looking forward to following your build too!
Yeah I have found them great also ... so far the pace has been alright with my build, hard to get on to some of the guys sometimes. Your just up the road from me, hopefully we will be able to watch each others builds. Can i ask who your builder is (or PM me)?

As for the building approval, think we will be alright ... It states "To avoid garage dominance, where possible the garage should be integrated into the house structure. The garage should preferably be set behind the house frontage however a maximum projection of 2m will be permitted, which will then be deemed the front building line".

I also extended my porch back out infront of the garage to help the approval along, it 3.5m deep now.
but the statement in the covenant for the garage location, is basically encouraging you to set the garage behind the dwelling. Just remember is has a few if and buts in there, (where possible, preferably and however)
Yes, the if's & buts were what prompted us to keep our plan as is. I've PM'd you our builders name too.
I'm not building in Manhattan place, but just around the corner in Moorookyle. Can I join in here?? lol
I've tried starting one up for mine and didn't get one response hahaha
Haha of course you can frogger! Another neighbour! What stage are you at with your build? And who did you build with?
Yah!!! thanks

I'm hoping to get my block scraped by the end of next week.
Sooner the better if you ask me, I just want to see it start

How bout you? Sorry I may have missed that answer in an earlier post.
Hello,

I'm not in Manhattan Place, but just behind you in The Rise at the back of the water tanks on the hill. I love the park they put in at Manhattan Place, it's great!! We're building the PD Cremorne, site start not until March/April though

But we are moving to the Rise next week.

Can I join to!!
Welcome Fallen_Apple! Of course you can join. We looked at land at The Rise when we first started but decided that the blocks were a little small for what we wanted so we headed down the road a bit further. That's great you are moving there though - you'll be able to watch your build from very close up! We moved to Altona Meadows to be closer for when we start building (we sold in Airport West recently).
Hey Danielle,

I'm living in altona meadows too, small world eh
Wow, yes a very small world.
I loved the blocks at Manhattan Place, but we ended up getting 885sqm at The Rise so I can't complain!

When we purchased there were no new releases at MP, just a few of the square blocks that are quite hard to build on so we gave them a miss. It's nice to have a bit of backyard though!

Do you have any idea what they are going to build in that area between MP and the rise and the corner of Tarneit Rd and Sayers Rd, I'm so curious about that!
I have no idea what they are going to build there, but I wish they would hurry up and fix that intersection!!!
The Tarneit rd & Sayers Rd intersection is a death trap. I've almost been T-boned there twice so far and I don't even live out there yet lol
I really hope the development slows down out there a bit now. Its a pity all the farm land is being eaten up
greetings

i thought that corner was earmarked for housing but it looks like some large scale works are happening there at the moment

what is Manhattan Place like as far as rock goes, has anybody hit rock there

i am looking at purchasing land out there & am concerned as to what the Site Costs will end up like

was there any hold up on the titles

cheers
rocket
Apparently there will be traffic lights there by Feb, and they are also putting lights in at the Tarneit - Leakes Rd intersection and sealing Leakes road, that should be finished by March according to this weeks Werribee Banner, but I won't hold my breath!!

They really need some shops up there though, it is a bit sparse, not even a fish and chippery
rodrocket
greetings

i thought that corner was earmarked for housing but it looks like some large scale works are happening there at the moment

what is Manhattan Place like as far as rock goes, has anybody hit rock there

i am looking at purchasing land out there & am concerned as to what the Site Costs will end up like

was there any hold up on the titles

cheers
rocket

I can't help with Manhattan...but I'm just up from there in Moorookyle and my site costs came in at $7500.
My report came in saying shallow rock. But I've been down there watching the other houses and I haven't seen any large ones being pulled out. Smaller ones, but I'd be happy to keep them for my rock gardern

Fallen_Apple
Apparently there will be traffic lights there by Feb, and they are also putting lights in at the Tarneit - Leakes Rd intersection and sealing Leakes road, that should be finished by March according to this weeks Werribee Banner, but I won't hold my breath!!

They really need some shops up there though, it is a bit sparse, not even a fish and chippery

Oh wouldn't that be great!! At the moment I try and plan it so I don't have to cross that intersection. If I go visit from this end and I need to cross it or turn right, I'll actually head through claremont to avoid it lol
Oh talkin about fish & chips - found a really nice one nearby. Its at the hogans corner shopping centre...yummo!!!! the nicest chips I've had in a very long time!!! And busy too, so must be good. Delicious chicken as well hmmmmm now I'm hungry lol
I'm in Claremont Park, up the back near the water. Been there nearly 2 years, and I never ever go straight across Sayers Rd, even on a Sunday arvo! - thankfully the traffic lights at Sayers/Tarneit are progressing, it looks like they will be working just after Christmas.
We have also nearly been killed going up Sayers Rd, at the service rd exits from Moorookyle - a white ute pulls out of there (flying of course) and doesn't look for cars coming down Sayers toward Tarneit... this has happened more than once - one of the reasons I prefer to not go down Sayers EVER!
Hopefully something is done about the traffic in the area, there are a lot of hoons and it just doesn't make it safe, even on the big roads.
Congratulations to you all on your houses, hope that the building process is as smooth as what we had.
Oh yeah, they have great chips there!! and the serves are a good size, quite rare these days. The hairdresser up there is alright to. I hope we get a little shopping centre like Hogans Corner up our way soon, I think there is one going in at Tarneit Gardens, but who knows when that will be

As for rock, we saw the easments dug out in Stage 7 of The Rise, on the hill near the water tower, and there was a lot of small rocks, but no huge ones. I don't know if that's good or bad, just an observation. Might be different in MP though, apparently every block is different, at this stage PD is estimating $7000 for site cost on our block at The Rise, but no soil tests as yet.
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum