Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 275 of 306
Hi can anyone recommend a good tiler, we need to get a few quotes. Also any good places to buy tiles at reasonable prices? thanks
Arcot
tigers31
hi, was just wondering if the owners of plot 4508 or 4510 were on this forum as we are building the same house and would like to chat about a few things if thats ok.
Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen,
We are building at 4510.

Hi Arcot, tried to PM you but dont seem to be able to. We are building the douglas and we have our colour selections in 3wks and just wanted to ask a few things about what to get the builder to do and costs etc along with your thoughts so far with the process.
Thanks
Helen
Hi everyone
For those new people (welcome!!) I am Fiona, and I'm President of the Moorebank Residents Action Group.
We are planning a gathering in the park on the corner of Christiansen Blvd and Bradbury St (smaller park) next Saturday, 19th October at 10.30am to discuss issues surrounding the concrete and materials recycling plant which is proposed to be built a few hundred metres from our homes.
Please come along so we can all lodge our protest against this project.
We will have the latest information regarding the project, and information on how to have your opinion heard.
Please let others know who may be interested in attending.
I look forward to seeing you there!!
Fifi
kesrob
Hi All,

Just wondering about timing of build - can anyone who has built a two storey home tell me how long it took from slab pour to lock up stage please. It seems our build is going over time, but just wanted to get a feel for the timeframes of those who have built already to work out by how much.

Thanks guys!

Kesrob, we are building with Wisdom. Started excavation 3/6/13, lock up was about 16/8/13. So 10 weeks just about - but that was for a 4 bedroom single storey only.

Paulos
Hi All

I was driving around georges fair and i noticed some houses had metal/aluminium slat side gates, are these allowed? and if so can anyone reccomend a business who does them

Thanks

Paulos,

I work for a company based in Mortdale Sydney and this has been a recent product idea we've developed. I'm happy to show you (or anyone else interested) some CGU representations. At this stage we've only built small sections to test strength & configurations. The idea is to produce a 'module' for slat fencing and gates that can be put together by DIY-ers.

For anyone else interested, we've finally got the keys for our new home yesterday at lot 4505 in Speare Street. I've had next to no sleep the last few days packing all our gear in boxes. Moving is gonna suck tomorrow! FYI total build time for Da Vinci 19 by Wisdom Homes took about 4 months from excavation to completion/handover.
Anyone noticed people queuing at GF office for tomorrow release.
yeah some have been there since last night....
Land price has increased rapidly for the past view years. Tomorrow release 320m sqm = $349,900
My wife's friend has sat in the queue since Thursday night.
All,

Yet again been given an option for INTERIM OCCUPATION CERTIFICATE with an extra fee of $360. Can anyone enlighten if this is required or something that can be worked around later. Honestly ,since building for the first time, don't really know what it is for. Still in DA stage n learning all the jargons of building industry. Confused...
mecha-wombat
My wife's friend has sat in the queue since Thursday night.

I guess that might be the Asian lady with chair on it ? I saw she was at the front of the queue
Dunno just know she lined up for a while
Has anyone house been vandalised?!
Hi everyone! How's everyone's building coming along? Checked out my house today and looks like they haven't been doing much lately! In the past 2 weeks I think they've swept the floor! Hoping things that aren't visual are happening!!

Ranee....my house been vandalised but my friends house was last year/early this year. They spray painted the garage door and front piers!
rachnshane
Hi everyone! How's everyone's building coming along? Checked out my house today and looks like they haven't been doing much lately! In the past 2 weeks I think they've swept the floor! Hoping things that aren't visual are happening!!

Ranee....my house been vandalised but my friends house was last year/early this year. They spray painted the garage door and front piers!

Was your friends house on Hoy St?
Our hot water system was stolen! Because the fence hasnt been put up yet...be careful! Make sure u attach to the wall
So this is occurring again? It happened about 2 or 3 releases ago and they had a security guard doing patrols in the area.

I suggest ensuring any thefts/vandalism get reported to the sales office. Maybe if they get enough complaints they will get another security guard out.
I recieved a letter from council stating that the Golf course will be moved to hammondville and marvic homes will be constructed. On the map shown, it indicates Private recreation near the pond area and close to Brickmakers. Any idea if that will be a park in future?
Another suggestion for those being vandalised: put up some fake CCTV security cameras. I remember seeing them on ebay a while ago for pretty cheap. It may just scare them away.

Otherwise cower in the corner with a baseball bat until the little punks come again. That would be my first option haha.
Fifi
Hi everyone
For those new people (welcome!!) I am Fiona, and I'm President of the Moorebank Residents Action Group.
We are planning a gathering in the park on the corner of Christiansen Blvd and Bradbury St (smaller park) next Saturday, 19th October at 10.30am to discuss issues surrounding the concrete and materials recycling plant which is proposed to be built a few hundred metres from our homes.
Please come along so we can all lodge our protest against this project.
We will have the latest information regarding the project, and information on how to have your opinion heard.
Please let others know who may be interested in attending.
I look forward to seeing you there!!
Fifi

Just bringing this forward. This is our last chance to protest against this development before it goes to a panel for assessment. We can't afford to slack off now!!
Fi
Thanks Fi
We will be there. No point building our beautiful homes next to a rubbish dump. We need to take action now or it may be too late.
Scared1stTimeBuilder
Thanks Fi
We will be there. No point building our beautiful homes next to a rubbish dump. We need to take action now or it may be too late.

We'll be there also!! I've also mentioned it at my work to locals of George's fair and we'll all be there!!!
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum