Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 242 of 306
Honestly I think the written article on the ACA website does more damage to the plant then the broadcast segment, the article on website shows more of investa's opposition to this unlike the aired story.

I would also like to know how much Brent and his cronies offered to sell the land to council for and why he rejected the benedict offer, I hope there is a follow up story

I would also like to say that my respect for ern is so high at this point I have never known a business man to try and put back a much to a community like him. If all business were like Benedict the world would be a better place.
I don't know for sure but figures over $20 million were bring thrown around at one stage....for a $10K investment...yeah right...
I am seriously worried about this recycling
Are you more worried than yesterday? If so, can i ask why? I think we should all be worried but we are doing everything we can to be heard, and protesting within the guidelines that have been set.
Fi
So I just emailed our Mayor about the aca article, the da proposal and that moorebank recyclers has previously offered to sell back the land as i wanted to question why council didnt buy it back. He replied it was the first he heard about it so he says. Shocked its the first hes heard, a little disappointing. I'm surprised he emailed me back at 930pm and only a minute after I emailed him. He said he will look into it and get back to me. Will let you all know.
Hi,

We have just paid holding deposit on a block in the fairways release and was about to exchange however the article on ACA has now gotten us very worried. As we are off the main road we are really worried about all the trucks and noise. We were also not told about the recycling plant.

Any advice?
Hi Columb10,
Welcome to the forum.
I would suggest that you go to Inveata ASAP and question why you were not told about the recycling plant. Also inform them of your fears and ask what they will do. They should really get their act together and fight as hard as everyone else to not allow this to go through.
Columbo10
Hi,

We have just paid holding deposit on a block in the fairways release and was about to exchange however the article on ACA has now gotten us very worried. As we are off the main road we are really worried about all the trucks and noise. We were also not told about the recycling plant.

Any advice?

I think brick makers drive was always going to be a busy road, just like governor Macquarie drive is to Derby Cresent in Chipping Norton, that was always to be expected. Remember alot of trucks using the road right now are importing/exporting soil and fill for George's fair aurora release and the next release. Plus all the vans utes trucks cars to build all our houses, but these will go. Traffic is everywhere but I think all our objections against the recycling plant should be focused on health concerns and how this is no longer an industrial area and not fit for this development.
it's past 1am and i'm still up writing my (so far) 7 page objection.

I am so frustrated with the story tonight on ACA - not enough emphasis was placed on the Recyclers, yes the traffic on Brickmakers is a concern, but it's not our biggest threat at the moment. More attention needed to be drawn to this proposal, as well as the need for people to LODGE THEIR OBJECTIONS!

I'm pleased Ned Manoun wrote back so soon, that's great. At least one of our representatives is on it. More than I can say for Ms Gibbons! I'm totally disappointed there.

Ern - I will definitely be voicing my approval of the Marina, and will ring Mr Hadchiti tomorrow. We need this thing approved ASAP!

I do have a question/complaint for you though - why am I always seeing Benedict semi-trailors speeding down Brickmakers Drive? If Benedict are so concerned about the residents and keeping the area residential, flushing out all signs of industralisation - then why are your trucks using Brickmakers when they should be using Nuwarra/Newbridge? I realise you can't have surveillance on all your drivers, but perhaps you could issue a memo to them regarding this issue.

I am just annoyed that I had to come to a halt at the roundabout at Brickmakers/Christiansen to let a speeding Benedict truck go by.

I do hope the 5 tonne limit proposed by council comes into play very soon.

Columb10 if you are worried about your purchase, it wouldn't hurt to go visit the developer and demand a refund on your block, so you can purchase another block away from the road. It's worth a shot, especially since they have been quite unethical on a number of fronts when it comes to deceiving potential customers.

Tired and cranky tonight.
I see that a comment was posted that trucks working for us (we do not own any trucks) have been utilising Brickmakers drive- I have issued an instruction this morning to our allocations dept. to ask all our subcontractors to avoid Brickmakers drive. Please let me know how this goes- sometimes it's like herding cats- these truckies are an independent lot!!
Also, I recall ,in a Meeting with Council officers that they wouldn't or couldn't put a load limit on Brickmakers drive but I can't remember the reason why.
Originally, Brickmakers drive was to be four lanes but the Developer renegotiated it down to two after the approval.
Noise aside, the scariest thing about the trucks in last night report was the way they are navigating the shicanes and round abouts they go up the gutter and it only takes an un even load and we could have another incident like what happened corner of orange grove rd and Hume highway last year where that poor family lost a husband and father cause the truck rolled and crushed his car.
Thank you Ern - I appreciate that, as I'm sure do all the other residents. The trucks I have been seeing have the word BENEDICT plastered on them so even if they are not owned by your company, they are clearly contracted to Benedict so hopefully your memo will be taken on board.

Ern yes there was initially a reason they couldn't do a load limit but I think the amount of complaint letters have made council reconsider.

I do hope it is put in place although I wish it was a 2 tonne limit.

Krayzie this is entirely why I don't allow my children to utilize the bike track during peak times. Whoever thought to put a bicycle track less than a metre from a road used by speeding trucks has rocks in their head. I often think about the poor car that got annihilated by that truck on Hume/orange grove and I cringe. I'm not risking that happening to my kids.

The trucks go up on the chicanes like its no big deal. I'm tempted to stand on Brickmakers drive and wave them all down- anyone interested in joining me?
Bek
Thank you Ern - I appreciate that, as I'm sure do all the other residents. The trucks I have been seeing have the word BENEDICT plastered on them so even if they are not owned by your company, they are clearly contracted to Benedict so hopefully your memo will be taken on board.

Ern yes there was initially a reason they couldn't do a load limit but I think the amount of complaint letters have made council reconsider.

I do hope it is put in place although I wish it was a 2 tonne limit.

Krayzie this is entirely why I don't allow my children to utilize the bike track during peak times. Whoever thought to put a bicycle track less than a metre from a road used by speeding trucks has rocks in their head. I often think about the poor car that got annihilated by that truck on Hume/orange grove and I cringe. I'm not risking that happening to my kids.

The trucks go up on the chicanes like its no big deal. I'm tempted to stand on Brickmakers drive and wave them all down- anyone interested in joining me?

I agree, some sort of protest on Monday morning at peak hour will go down a treat.
Columbo10
Hi,

Any advice?

Hello Columbo 10
We are in the same boat however we have exchanged contracts. I am currently asking our lawyer to look at our contract and see what can be done.
Its absolutely unacceptable by INVESTA not to warn residents of such a dangerous development and we were always told that Brickmakers Drive will have a load restriction and will be accessed by residents of the estate only- WELL , THAT'S A LOAD OF BULLSH#&T. INVESTA knew from the beginning about the development and failed to mention anything to buyers and potential buyers. Also, looking at the adds on George's Fair website it states the following:

Welcome to the good life. Welcome to Georges Fair

Carefully planned from the outset, Georges Fair has been designed with families in mind. Walking and cycling paths sweep past the surrounding bushland. Every home is just a short walk from a neighbourhood park or lush open spaces.
Taking its name from the nearby Georges River, this is an address where neighbours are friends, and a true sense of community thrives.
Surrounding bushland?????!!!!! INVESTA forgot to mention the surrounding recycling plant- must Marketing's department fault

Good life- really?

To me it looks like pure false advertising.
We can also get through to the developer by putting our questions and concerns on George's Fair Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/GeorgesFair?ref=ts&fref=ts
We have issued that instruction to our trucks. Also, I'm sure that the RMS( formerly the RTA) did not want Brickmakers drive load limited - I checked with my guys and that was their recollection -don't know why.
Hi Scared1stTimeBuilder,

It is very misleading. It was the first we have heard of the Recycling plant last night on ACA and as you can imagine we were very shocked and disappointed. We were also unsure of what to believe as the media also spin it alot to make a story.

Are you looking to get out of the contract? We are still unsure of what to do as we have our heart set on this place. I am hoping the council will put a load limit on Brickmaker's drive and I am sure that if they get enough complaints they will do this. It is not a road made for trucks and the chicanes prove this. What will it take for someone to realise this!
If council and the government also get enough complaints towards the Recycling plant hopefully they will put a stop to this however, council do oppose the plant but it has now gone to the hire power which is very worrying.

I am all for the marina going in and hopefully this is what will happen!
In US, NASA puts in so much of effort in finding ways to avoid even a short-term exposure of already well-protected astronauts to silica dust whereas in Australia uninformed people sitting in positions of power want to subject unprotected residents, including their infants and growing children, to lifelong deluge of silica dust and possible asbestos:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2005/22apr_dontinhale/

There is absolutely no commercially viable way of getting rid of respirable silica dust from the air for a building materials recycler manufacturing such a low-cost product. Those who believe that the presence of trees or the watering down method will get rid of such fine particles are clearly living in a fools’ paradise. These are dubious claims offered to blind authorities with the sole aim of obtaining approvals. This type of dust becomes an integral part of air and most of it continues to travel with it. Inhalation of silica dust by residents within a few kms of the plant, in decreasing severity with distance, is certainly unavoidable if this plant comes into existence.

Trying to rush through this application when the applicant has not even met the basic requirement of the trucks gaining access to the Newbridge Road smells very fishy. Is it because they want to be done with it before more residents start living in the closest locations of Georges Fair and realizing the deadly impact of such a plant? Why is the government/Department of Planning becoming a willing ally in such a sinister design?
Hi Welwisher
I agree that something is not right and I still DON'T UNDERSTAND why NSW Government even takes such a toxic project into consideration.
When it comes to millions of dollars in profit - our health is one of the less concerns for NSW Department of Planing and Infrastructure.
Everyone should email RTA_Contact_Centre@rta.nsw.gov.au and complain about speeding trucks, and too long/large/heavy trucks using Brickmakers drive
Make noise people!
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum