Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Termite Protection

Page 1 of 1
Was told that with PD you get 2 types of termite protection.
The first being Termguard Armoured Shields & Trithor Protection that prevents termites from penetrating your home and the second is an External Perimeter Protection that will keep them away from your home.
I've read that some people have paid for a reticulated termite protection. What is that?
Any one know about the termite protection mentioned above from PD? I'm guessing it's standard and you need not much more?
We paid extra (around $700 or $800) to have a retriculated termite system added to our contract. After we started building, my CSC rang me to let me know that retriculated is now standard and we would be recieving a credit off our contract price.
So from that, I'd assume that the system they have described to you is the retriculated system.

We are building with PD Prestige North.
Yep, what Joles said! We thought we'd just be getting the basic termite.. but we got a reticulated system and paid no extra for it. We are building with PD access.
Bloody hell! We got the cruddy basic thing, which is completely useless, because you have to stump up $$ immediately after handover to have it re-done or your warranty is void. And any landscaping works ruins it anyway. Totally pointless.

Wonder if they got a lot of complaints about exactly that, hence the change?
This is very annoying because we wanted a better termite system and PD wouldn't do it. So we have the same cr@ppy system as kek and it looks like we just missed out on the reticulated
It's funny you say they couldn't do it Hels, as i asked at our sales appointment for them to look into the price for the reticulation system.. as I thought we were just getting standard and PD said they had no idea what I was talking about!!
So I just accepted the standard.. yet we got the reticulation system installed at no cost to us!

I think you are right Kek about people complaining.. surely that is why PD changed it to be a standard included item. Sorry you two missed out.
They were definitely offering it as an option before it became standard as we had added it. We first starting talking to PD mid January and it was discussed then. Not sure how long it had been an option though.

I'm sure there was someone else on the forum that finished their build with PD a few months ago that got it as an extra...
Thanks everyone for clearing that up.

Sorry you two missed out.

It's good to know that complaints are heard by PD and they actually do something about it. Well, that's if that's the reason. Who really knows. Either way I'm glad they've included the reticulation system.
Hi guys,
we are also getting a second termite protection treatment via a reticulated re-treatment system to the perimeter of the house... The builder originally tried to sting us with a $800 CHARGE after contracts were signed as the council required termite B level protection to all houses being built in the area. After making a complaint they ended up not charging due to the fact that this was a post contract requirement.

Does anyone know how this actually works please?
Most builders give reticulated termite system as standard in Sydney, but some good builders give Termimesh.

Not sure what's the difference.
Related
21/06/2023
Termite Protection

General Discussion

Yes, neither is termite damage that is not covered by your house insurance.

19/02/2024
Termite and pest control

General Discussion

Fantastic. Good to know. Thank you very much

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum