Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Tim's House in WA with HBC

Page 1 of 19
Hi All,
I've been lurking for a while, I must say that this site is a great resource! I'm building the Aussie Alfresco Games in Ellenbrook. The only change I made to the plans was to move the kitchen back 900mm into the Theatre Room so the Living Area would be bigger. Here's the plan:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/thmatthews/House/HousePlan.jpg

Here's a few pics of the build so far:

Land, (well sand anyway)

The footings,

Slab! (Yay!)

Bricks Delivered,

1st wall goes up!

More Walls,

Bricks nearly done!

Bricks Finished!

Roof framed up,

Roof all done!

The windows went in on Saturday, I'll get some pics soon. Hopefully the plaster people will be in next week, then lock up!!!

Cheers,

Tim
Hello! Fancy meeting you in here

Great looking plan Tim - so much space!! Great area to build in too, although a tad too far for me (but then i live in Bunbury LOL). Jealous of the extra space in your main bedroom (i think its called a couples retreat?? i'd have loved one of those).
Yeah what a suprise to see you here!!
The commute to Ellenbrook from Bunbury would be a killer! I would have liked to have the master bed room away from the front of the house like yours.
hi tim,

Lovely plan, much much bigger build than mine. I loooove the couples retreat.

some of your pictures of your build look like your
building on a beach
Hi Tim,looks like there's great progress happening on you build! One thing that concerns me is how do you enter your ensuite shower? It looks like it should have been the same as your main bathrooms' shower- the cut off corner bit where the door is. I'm not very good at explaining things but if you look at the 2 shower setups you should see what I mean. Did you walk through a display home of this or straight off the plan(as I did and i'm a bit nervy now because I hope everything was thought through properly by the builder as well as me!!!)
Thanks for the nice comments jodie80, singlemum2daughters, and issy jo! I brought straight off the plans as HBC didn't have a Aussie Alfresco as a Showhome. I'm not to sure how the shower in the ensuite is going to work out?? I hadn't noticed that before. HBC do have a showroom in Ellenbrook with a "similar" master bed room and ensuite lay out and I didn't notice anything weird so I hope its ok. When I did my prestart I upgraded the loo in the ensuite for a more "sleek" model so hopefully that will help?? (I had to go and buy a blu-ray player after spending hundreds of $$$ upgrading the toilet to balance out the universe!)

The only other thing I'm struggling with is the space in the family room for my TV, the wall is only 2.1 meters long and I'm worried about it looking all "stuffed in".

Cheers,

Tim
Hi Tim great looking home, I am sure fitting your stuff in the family room will be fine
Tim_NZ
Yeah what a suprise to see you here!!
The commute to Ellenbrook from Bunbury would be a killer! I would have liked to have the master bed room away from the front of the house like yours.

I'd love to have had the master bedroom away from the front too - i haven't updated my plan which is why it looks that way hehehe... i've actually moved my garage to the rear of the house (i'm on a rear entry (god that sounds **) block) so the main bedroom is now at the front *sigh*

issy jo
how do you enter your ensuite shower? It looks like it should have been the same as your main bathrooms' shower- the cut off corner bit where the door is.

I was actually thinking the same thing!! Hopefully your new slimline toilet will give you a bit more room to get in the shower!!

PS - Blu-Ray is going mobile!!!
Thanks LB, I've been following your build thread, I hope things start to go your way
Hopefully you will see your (hot) brickies tomorrow!
Do you have one of those massively inflated tv's tim?? Or is it the tv cabinet thats more of a problem? I can't see why you wouldn't be able to centre it along the wall?
Hi Jodie, yeah, I'll be ** if I have to step over the loo to get into the shower!!
Thats a pity you have to move your room to the road front, and I won't even go near the rear entry comment!

I've never understood why "they" insist on having the master bedroom on the road front, someone told me its so you don't have your kids bedrooms there instead.

singlemum2daughters, I know what you mean about building on the beach, when I talk to my family in NZ I tell them to imagine they are standing on the beach when I'm trying to explain what its like!!
Jodie80
Do you have one of those massively inflated tv's tim?? Or is it the tv cabinet thats more of a problem? I can't see why you wouldn't be able to centre it along the wall?

It's not that big
the TV that is, only 50". But once you add the speakers and other bits and pieces it starts to look "busy".
Tim_NZ
Jodie80

It's not that big
the TV that is, only 50". But once you add the speakers and other bits and pieces it starts to look "busy".

50"?? That's bloody massive isn't it?? Gosh you men...

Have you thought about mounting the speakers? Might save a bit of floor space?
Jodie80

50"?? That's bloody massive isn't it?? Gosh you men...

Have you thought about mounting the speakers? Might save a bit of floor space?

Massive, nooooo, not at all!
(not in bloke-land anyway) The speakers are quite big as well, I might have to get some new smaller ones, after I have finished spending money on all the other things I need to. ie turning that sand into greener nature.....
50" is 127cm!!! Thats a giant TV!!!

Thats over A METRE in size!!!!

Sorry... I tend to drool over the giant tellys at the good guys...

Tim_NZ
Massive, nooooo, not at all!
(not in bloke-land anyway) The speakers are quite big as well, I might have to get some new smaller ones, after I have finished spending money on all the other things I need to. ie turning that sand into greener nature.....

You didn't get any sort of landscaping package? I got front and rear
Which is good for me... cause i'm not so good at green things.
Jodie80
50" is 127cm!!! Thats a giant TV!!!

Thats over A METRE in size!!!!

Sorry... I tend to drool over the giant tellys at the good guys...

You didn't get any sort of landscaping package? I got front and rear
Which is good for me... cause i'm not so good at green things.

Over a meter, yeah, well, ummm, SO the landscaping, the front is done by the devoleper, but the back is all up to me. It's quite a big space, the bit behind the house is 17m wide by 13m deep. Here's the site plan:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/thmatthews/House/SitePlan.jpg
Wow that is a big space! You could get a dog!!

Do you have any ideas for what you'd like to do?

Me? I'd whack in a pool. Nah, i'd probably just grass the lot!! And then pay someone else to mow it... tehehehehe
Tim_NZ
Thanks LB, I've been following your build thread, I hope things start to go your way
Hopefully you will see your (hot) brickies tomorrow!

hehe thanks Tim...me too
Wow Tim, your block is huge! And for some the sky looks bluer in Ellenbrook?!? Oh dear, I think I have sky envy!
Jodie80
Wow that is a big space! You could get a dog!!

Do you have any ideas for what you'd like to do?

Me? I'd whack in a pool. Nah, i'd probably just grass the lot!! And then pay someone else to mow it... tehehehehe

Too late Jodie, already have a dog
I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I'm not a pool person, and all that in grass would be way too water hungry. I've been watching "Dry spell gardening" on TV for ideas, There's a few things I really like, such as a pretend dry creek bed. I'd like to do a fire and water theme with a fire pit and some sort of water feature, (supplied by rain water of course!).
Related
27/01/2024
Orlando 20 HBC

General Discussion

Hi, Would you please share some photos of your Orlando 20 HBC build? I would like to get some insight on the living and dining area. Thank you

2/05/2023
Preventing rust around steel house posts

General Discussion

You’re on the right track, wire brush in a grinder then a zinc rich epoxy primer then a top coat of some sort, like a waterproofing membrane. Raising the concrete would…

19/05/2023
Excessive piers for a house???

Building A New House

How good is Simeon?! Always taking time to help others out! Wish we were building in NSW and could work together. Thanks for all that you do!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum