Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 358 of 364
klausiau
Hello Jojo2014
which house did you build? I noticed that you had a Garage extension (>2m) with door, I am building the Granada 41 and requested an extension of 2.2m with possible roller gate access to the back. How much did they charge for the Glass sliding door?

Klausiau

Hi

I haven't build yet it was someone extension i was inquiring about.
STAINLESS

anybody elses slab look like this where the bath waste plumbing is supposed to be?

That doesn't look good!!! Post in the Facebook group too, I'm keen to hear what others say, our slab gets poured next week

NicNak
STAINLESS

anybody elses slab look like this where the bath waste plumbing is supposed to be?

That doesn't look good!!! Post in the Facebook group too, I'm keen to hear what others say, our slab gets poured next week

Yer will do. I just want to get better pics next time im on site.
My building inspector picked it up, and their reply was it's standard practice as per display home.

You got an independent inspector?
STAINLESS
NicNak
STAINLESS

Yer will do. I just want to get better pics next time im on site.
My building inspector picked it up, and their reply was it's standard practice as per display home.

You got an independent inspector?

Why the display has anything to do with that is a bit odd. Yep definitely getting an inspector for all stages of ours.

Hey all, anyone here is building a Tennyson 25

Hi all! Did anyone here upgraded their front door to INF5VG 2340mm high? How much did it cost and what sort of glazing did you pick?
howz05
Hi all! Did anyone here upgraded their front door to INF5VG 2340mm high? How much did it cost and what sort of glazing did you pick?

Ours were just over $900 each. There isn't much glass in the INF5VG, not enough to see into your house from a distance so we went with clear glazing so atleast we could see out when you answer the door.
Hi, has anyone added heating ducts to bathroom/ensuite? Can you please let me know the cost.

Heating /cooling $160 per duct
thanks nadhi

Hi, I have tender next week - so some more questions

1. Has anyone been able to relocate the meter box from the side of the house to inside the garage? what is the cost for that?
2. What is the cost of prewiring for POE security cameras - double storey house
3. Cost of waterproofing bathroom and ensuite
4. Any suggestions for alternative to intercom provided by Carlisle? At 2k it's outside my budget
5. Anyone using the paradox security system - are you happy with the system?
Thanks!

skycloud

1. Has anyone been able to relocate the meter box from the side of the house to inside the garage? what is the cost for that?
4. Any suggestions for alternative to intercom provided by Carlisle? At 2k it's outside my budget
Thanks!

1. Yes we did - 428$
2. Did not do it, advise will be not to get it done as there might be challenges with the comaptibility between the pre wire and the camera that you buy, just check these details
3. Yes we did - 1590$ (1 ensuite and 1 external bathroom)
4. Did not do
5. Yes, we are doing, quite basic but does the job for us, paid extra 350$ for making it mobile enabled and now need to pay extra 100$ to the company to get the mobile number configured

Hope this helps
Good Luck
kumargaurav83
skycloud

Thanks!

1. Yes we did - 428$
2. Did not do it, advise will be not to get it done as there might be challenges with the comaptibility between the pre wire and the camera that you buy, just check these details
4. Did not do
5. Yes, we are doing, quite basic but does the job for us, paid extra 350$ for making it mobile enabled and now need to pay extra 100$ to the company to get the mobile number configured

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Damn Kumargaurav83,

Your waterproofing quote is so much cheaper than ours!

We have to pay just over 4k for our waterproofing... grrr! This is only 1 ensuite and 1 main bath and 1 tiny WC and neither are very big rooms.
Thanks a lot Kumargaurav83! Now we will be much better prepared for tender day

PEARZ
kumargaurav83
skycloud

Thanks!

1. Yes we did - 428$
4. Did not do

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Damn Kumargaurav83,

Your waterproofing quote is so much cheaper than ours!

We have to pay just over 4k for our waterproofing... grrr! This is only 1 ensuite and 1 main bath and 1 tiny WC and neither are very big rooms.

depends what time of day it is when they quote things.
it's a lot cheaper in the mornings, but by the end of the day their pencils are quite blunt...

we had bench upgrade to butlers pantry quoted twice in our tender, one price was double the other. got the more expensive one deleted.
but makes ya wonder exactly how the come up with the prices...
Camera pre wire $750 four locations.
You can pre wire intercom. $550 for two screen locations (ground floor and first floor)and camera at front door .
thanks nadhi!

Hi all - has anyone done evaporative cooling post build - will it be more expensive if we do it later? currently juggling upgrades to stay within the budget
double post deleted
When i made an inquiry with brivis it was 3.5k for a double 35sq but you would have to make sure builder puts the points or pipes something like that just say evaporavite cooling provision then u can do later.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum