Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 232 of 364
Anyone know what the approx prices are for the Cat2 bricks?

Or any of the other Catx bricks?

Thanks!
I think it's around 1k for cat 2 then 2k for cat 3 and goes up..
Thanks Alexvi05!
Alexvi05

I am still trying to find the cost of cooktop upgrades. I also read the bad reviews of the cooktop and dishwasher.

I do know that you get approx $700 refund if you opt out of the standard oven\cooktop. But if you choose to upgrade it can be 2000 plus. That is the indication the colour consultant gave us.

Also with the dishwasher we are choosing for it not be installed and they advised us the approx refund is 700.
Thanks Uneek.. might as well take the dishwasher out as you can get better ones at 700
Alexvi05
Anyone found the upgrade cost to smeg cooktop in lieu of technika?

We were quoted 1400 for technika->smeg freestanding upgrade
Alexvi05
does anyone have cost for

- carpet underlay cat 2

Our upgrade quote was ~750 for ~100 sqm
gross
Alexvi05
does anyone have cost for

- carpet underlay cat 2

Our upgrade quote was ~750 for ~100 sqm

Thanks gross for the info.. Very helpful are you bldg double or single storey?
Alexvi05

Thanks gross for the info.. Very helpful are you bldg double or single storey?

Wanting double
Haven't got approvals yet though
That underlay upgrade was for our first floor
So estimation needs an adjustment for another house
Btw guys
In December there was a promo, maybe still valid
To provide evap cooling for 2k
Simple one like p35 with 5 points
For double it works but reqs upgrade for single story
Did our colour selection the other day...was awesome! Didn't have too many issues probably due to the amount of weekends we've spenrt looking at displays!
Just gotta wait for our land to title and see if they can actually build on it (we're on a flood plain), and then tender to see how much we're up for!
Ended up upgrading a few things like carpet, mortar joints, added a few powerpoints and a batten light (ahh that'll break the bank!), and also a rain shower for the master ensuite

Well gotta live in luxury!
Hi all had my colour browse recently just a few questions

Has anyone had laminate floors installed by CH? Did you get expansion joints?
Any idea how much it costs to upgrade to wooden floor boards?

Also uploaded my pictures from spectra (took pictures to help remind me of my options) if you are curious of what is there and also made a list of 3d visualizer all are on my blog for reference
Hi everyone

I interested to know if any of you who have been successfull in negotiationg any form of discount, special deal, or freebie on your final price.
What was you strategy ?

I'm coming up to tender I need to get some costs down asa some basic essential items which they consider upgrades are very expensive.

Look forward in hearing your experience
What do you consider essential that's an upgrade? The only thing we really upgraded was the shower head but we allowed for it.
bt91
deedeem13
bt91
I can't believe they don't allow powerpoints in glass splash back! Do you know if they allow it on tiled splash backs and on the island bench?

I'm assuming that they do allow tiled splashbacks - the reason given was that apparently it causes issues on site when the glass is delivered with it not lining up etc, and I don't think that issue exists with tiles.

With regards to the island, I assume no issues with it in a cupboard etc, but I doubt they would do it on the bench top, considering that they won't etch a drainer in if you get an undermount sink.

We are getting one on the island bench, they can put it on the side but we're putting it on the back underneath where bar stools usually go so it's hidden.

Seen some displays with a popup PowerPoint in the island bench, how cool would that be?
greatch
Hi everyone

I interested to know if any of you who have been successfull in negotiationg any form of discount, special deal, or freebie on your final price.
What was you strategy ?

I'm coming up to tender I need to get some costs down asa some basic essential items which they consider upgrades are very expensive.

Look forward in hearing your experience

What I found was that CH are very inflexible with negotiating any form of discount. I did however manage to reduce the price of our garage extension (2.2ish metres) from 10kish to 7kish only because I had a sales quote from another builder to show them. Not sure if I was over quoted to begin with though??
Hi greatch,

What cooling system are you planning for your thompson?
Thanks RANDS..... thats interesting.

Alexvi5... still undecided but leaning towards Refriderated aircon.its is double the cost of Evap. I currenly have Evap at home its OK not the best though... if this weeks heatwave had been humid then ...Evap is not the best just creates more moisture..

Alexvi5 ..have u gone for your colour selection or tender appointments yet? I'm still a while way off till mine....

Have u recived any pricing on:

Alfresco extn
Upgrade rooftiles to terracotta
Flooring ?
Lighting

any indication of costs is helpfull
Hi greatch

thanks for that. Would it be hard to do ref cooling after handover?

Our color selection is in mArch and tender in april.. our land doesnt title till may.

The alfresco ext my SC said costed about 4450 due to additional footing.

do you know upgrade cost for starfire splashback?Have you upgrades your carpet underlay?

Floor tiles approx with the standard range but bigger tiles 1.5-2k
for addl labour costs.

Thanks for the info..
Hi Alexvi05,

Be aware that you can't go to tender until your land has settled - I had hoped to but was told I can't so I'm waiting until March for mine.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum