Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 204 of 364
Wirepower
Looking over my quote, I have a lot of allowances for changes in my house,
Are these allowances usually under or over quoted. Just wanna know if when going to tender if it will end up cheaper then quoted or more.

what kind of allowances are they?
Wirepower
Just looked at my quote and it states.
2-7 concrete floor to alfresco (house specific).

House specific? Surely atlantique is covered when your with affinity range (top range).
Il be devastated if I gotta pay extra for concrete for alfresco as well.

it's included however think you'd need to pay extra if you require Waffle Raft Slab
Allowances such as eaves around all house, extended benchtop, square set cornice throughout.
Extra for waffle slab in alfresco, then what concrete would they put otherwise?
guess it's the standard M Slab but I always thought the slab you get for your house will be the same as the alfresco, so not certain why there is an extra cost.
I just got a phone call saying my contract is ready and my appointment is not for another 2 weeks, Yay I have heaps of time to read over it
Wirepower

House specific? Surely atlantique is covered when your with affinity range (top range).

I built an Affinity home with Carlise concrete was extra to our alfesco
February12
Thanks Coobri

Can I pay for it now or should I wait till after contract?

As long as they have a copy of payment before they start on site

I think it lasts for 12 months from day of payment
Coobri
Well my quote states "concrete floor to alfresco included"
So if that's included in my quote I shouldn't have to pay extra. How long ago did you build Carlisle maybe its a new thing they introduced.
Anyways I don't mind if I don't concrete there as il eventually put decking and prob look nicer if you don't see concrete in the gaps.
Wirepower
Allowances such as eaves around all house, extended benchtop, square set cornice throughout.

Hi Wirepower,

From my tender experience I found that most of the allowance is actually come back lower but I think it really depends on what the allowance is for...

Wirepower

I think the different between this and Hariska's$2,231 upgrade is Harriska has chosen to extend the Raft Slab to the Alfresco Area (originally just the house area excluding porch and alfresco). The standard quote will be only poured concrete to the Alfresco & Porch area - no Slab.

From my reading and research it looks like if you will put a deck / paving / tiles in the future it really doesn't matter whether you upgrade or not.

February12
I just got a phone call saying my contract is ready and my appointment is not for another 2 weeks, Yay I have heaps of time to read over it

Good news!!! I wonder where is mine
February12

I'm still quite shocked

Is your land titled yet?
February12
February12

I'm still quite shocked

Is your land titled yet?

Hey Feb! Make certain to tell your CLE right away that you require sufficient time to review your contract before signing. It takes them a couple weeks to draft the contract so maybe ask to have the signing a week later and keep them on the ball about it (ie ask you CLE repeatedly so they know you're serious). I thought I had plenty of time to read the contract and get it inspected as well but did not and received contracts 3 days beore signing and it was all a scramble in the end (also because I had to sign contract by a certain date in order to be eligible for a promo). Keep in mind i already notified them i needed extra time. it pays to be persistent as cle's can be forgetful. Be VERY clear that you want time to review before signing as they are obligated to give you this. In fact, in the contract it asks if you had enough time to go through it!

HD
Wirepower

Hi Wirepower,

That's what I thought till I was told otherwise. I'm very upset and disappointed and I'm not going to pay $2200.
I'm going to check externally how much will it cost to get this done. Some ppl in this forum mentioned that it's so much better to get the builder to pour the concrete without doing it later. but due to the money constraint I don't have an option it seems.
Still thinking and haven't decided yet
Harishka
Wirepower

Hi Wirepower,

That's what I thought till I was told otherwise. I'm very upset and disappointed and I'm not going to pay $2200.
I'm going to check externally how much will it cost to get this done. Some ppl in this forum mentioned that it's so much better to get the builder to pour the concrete without doing it later. but due to the money constraint I don't have an option it seems.

Sorry forgot to add one more thing. What I was told was only alfresco's facing backyard will get concrete by default. Unfortunately Atlantique has side alfresco and therefore they wont do it unless we pay for it.
February12
Hamilton23
February12
I'm asssuming your in Melton shire, like me and later on you'll need to apply for asset protection permit and looking on the website it seems it only costs $100, so hopefully that's all it costs, but will find out at contract time as CLE is meant to advise as they can't start till they get the permit

Wow thats cheap. I'm in Cardinia Shire and our asset protection permit was $220 plus a $860 security deposit!

all i could find online was the asset protection which is $100 BUT we'll see what CLE says at contract day, I'm sure there is extra cost that I'm not aware of

For asset protection I only paid 100
I also thought it would be more. You go into the caroline spring library as there's a shire of Melton office there and pay.

HD
Harishka, have you looked at other threads on here of people building the Atlantique? It's quite a popular house and I know there's at least one thread. Could be good for you to check out to see what their experience was

HD
Bakso
Wirepower

Hi Wirepower,

From my tender experience I found that most of the allowance is actually come back lower but I think it really depends on what the allowance is for...

Wirepower

I think the different between this and Hariska's$2,231 upgrade is Harriska has chosen to extend the Raft Slab to the Alfresco Area (originally just the house area excluding porch and alfresco). The standard quote will be only poured concrete to the Alfresco & Porch area - no Slab.

From my reading and research it looks like if you will put a deck / paving / tiles in the future it really doesn't matter whether you upgrade or not.

February12

Hi Bakso,

No, I didn't ask for upgrade slab option to Alfresco. I was told at the tender that I don't get concrete at all to alfresco, only porch will get the concrete as part of the slab. then I requested them to include concrete to alfresco (didn't mention whether its raft slab as I had no clue what that was) then they came up with the quote and it is $2231
viewtopic.php?t=61526

Here is the link to an Atlantique mk2 thread, might be able to ask the op their experience?

HD
LittleWing
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=61526

Here is the link to an Atlantique mk2 thread, might be able to ask the op their experience?

HD

Thanks LittleWing.

Here's another thread to get opinion about whether to slab alfresco or not with the builder.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=52202
Harishka
Harishka
Wirepower

Hi Wirepower,

Sorry forgot to add one more thing. What I was told was only alfresco's facing backyard will get concrete by default. Unfortunately Atlantique has side alfresco and therefore they wont do it unless we pay for it.

My understanding is when looking at the floor plans, if it has the picture of little square (indicating pillar) then concrete is incl. if no pillar, no concrete
LittleWing
For asset protection I only paid 100
I also thought it would be more. You go into the caroline spring library as there's a shire of Melton office there and pay.

HD

awesome, thanks so much. Might go do that this weekend
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum