Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 166 of 364
So settlement booked in for tomorrow cant wait
coobri

Congrats! Ours is on Friday
. Hopefully there will be no more major issues. Otherwise, we don't mind waiting.
fourgs
coobri

. Hopefully there will be no more major issues. Otherwise, we don't mind waiting.

We have told our SS from day 1 we wont take the house until we are 100% happy
Reminded him of that this week and also let him know we have this rental for 3 more weeks so we can wait
Sorry another question

Has anyone who is building an Affinity home and using the Your Home Your Way promotion upgraded from evap cooling to refridgerated cooling?
How much was the difference? (We are building the Atlantique)

We had out colour selection on Monday and after seeing everyones photos in here we found the process so much easier.
We were set on going with tiles but changed our mind after seeing all the photos on here with the floorboards
coobri
We have told our SS from day 1 we wont take the house until we are 100% happy
Reminded him of that this week and also let him know we have this rental for 3 more weeks so we can wait

lol, too bad if the SS wants to be a douche and holds out settlement for 3 weeks :p

willow2012
Sorry another question

Has anyone who is building an Affinity home and using the Your Home Your Way promotion upgraded from evap cooling to refridgerated cooling?
How much was the difference? (We are building the Atlantique)

We had out colour selection on Monday and after seeing everyones photos in here we found the process so much easier.
We were set on going with tiles but changed our mind after seeing all the photos on here with the floorboards

Willow, our promo had evap included and we upgraded heating and cooling to 5.5 star heating and the 18.1 kw cooling, all up was 11k. Worth every dollar imho.

As for the floorboards, they aren't great, we will be replacing ours with real timber boards in the coming months, they are a pest to keep clean!!
So had handover today all went good 3 items that need to be fixed will be done in the next week
congrats, so are you sleeping on the floor there tonight?
PCI today!!
Concreter starts in the morning 85sqm of exposed for the driveway and 150sqm coloured around the house
cant wait its going to look so good
Titch101
PCI today!!

Good luck with PCI
fourgs
coobri

How did you go fourgs are you in ?
coobri
fourgs
coobri

How did you go fourgs are you in ?

Ours went well with 3 items in letter of undertaking!
In possession of the house now and quite busy with the post-handover tasks.. TV antenna, blinds (partial installation), appliance installation - all check! Tomorrow is commissioning, driveway concreting. Really glad I didn't return to work yet and I'm able to look after these things. Guess I have to get my hands dirty though and "wear the pants" to take on the task of putting the grout sealants.
Hi guys!

How many storm water risers do you have in your house after handover? Ours only have two, one on each side of the house while the sewer was at the rear. Is that enough? I'm afraid some might have been cut-off and covered with dirt underground.

For proper drainage outside the house, did you engage external plumbers ? and what kind of works did you engage them with related to proper drainage?

Hope somebody can shed some light on this as I have no idea
. Thanks!
Hi fourgs. We had 2 also. This would have been plenty but our dead side of our home was cut approx 200-300mm lower than our neighbors block so when it rained the water just pooled there. So we had an extra 3 riser pipies added and our concreter put the drains in at the correct levels when he did our path down the side so in essence we now have 4 drains spaced over 17 meters. The path has been laid so the run off is angled to each of the drains... And now we have no pooling in there what so ever!
sleven
Hi fourgs. We had 2 also. This would have been plenty but our dead side of our home was cut approx 200-300mm lower than our neighbors block so when it rained the water just pooled there. So we had an extra 3 riser pipies added and our concreter put the drains in at the correct levels when he did our path down the side so in essence we now have 4 drains spaced over 17 meters. The path has been laid so the run off is angled to each of the drains... And now we have no pooling in there what so ever!

Thanks for sharing sleven! That's clear enough. I also got a better idea after talking to our SS and concreter. We'll have more added by the concreter. SS also said there's only two riser for us and the other risers we saw earlier in the build were attached to the downpipes. I'm a bit relieved now!
fourgs
sleven

Thanks for sharing sleven! That's clear enough. I also got a better idea after talking to our SS and concreter. We'll have more added by the concreter. SS also said there's only two riser for us and the other risers we saw earlier in the build were attached to the downpipes. I'm a bit relieved now!

Thanks for bringing up this topic. We've been in our house almost 3 months now and while we've already done concreting around the perimeter of the house, we have yet to do the front and back landscaping.

Same with you Sleven, our block was cut lower than our neighbors left and right. Our concreter made use of the drains that were placed by Carlisle on either side of the house. We still have close to 4 meters of backyard which we're thinking of putting artificial turf on. Will we need to add drainage on that area, too?
fourgs
Hi guys!

How many storm water risers do you have in your house after handover? Ours only have two, one on each side of the house while the sewer was at the rear. Is that enough? I'm afraid some might have been cut-off and covered with dirt underground.

For proper drainage outside the house, did you engage external plumbers ? and what kind of works did you engage them with related to proper drainage?

Hope somebody can shed some light on this as I have no idea
. Thanks!

Hi fourgs
Re my pm had plumber back today to fix storm water 4 risers broken off and covered in dirt and 3 brakes in pipes
So concreter back in morning after a lost week
So happy ( lucky ) I found this before concrete was done
coobri
Hi fourgs
Re my pm had plumber back today to fix storm water 4 risers broken off and covered in dirt and 3 brakes in pipes

How on earth did they break for risers off and not notice this? Given they usually only have the risers in for downpipes it seems weird.

Hope you are enjoying your new house
CBPH
coobri
Hi fourgs

How on earth did they break for risers off and not notice this? Given they usually only have the risers in for downpipes it seems weird.

Hope you are enjoying your new house

Hi CBPH

We had an extra riser at each down pipe section for future drainage due to site cut on that side of house
Looks like someone has broken them off and covered them over to cover their as$
The one I found they would have just pushed back into ground to make it look like all is good

Im happy that Carlisle fixed the problem but the thing is it should never had happened as I have been telling SS about this for a cpl months and he told me the plumber had capped the risers that were missing

And yes we love our house will post some pics in the next cpl days
coobri, that is pretty poor given the points should have been on the plans. Sad that they cannot catch the culprit.

Well on our news, our pool will be all in and done by this time in a fortnight, we are racing against the neighbours site start to use their block as access. Thankfully Dennis Family Homes (builder going to be starting beside us) have been bloody brilliant in advising us on when permits went in etc and will call us when planned site start is, they say it is 3-4 weeks away.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum