Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 59 of 119
REfL3ct
guagua77
I've been advised by my solicitor as well that the settlement will be on 13th Dec. So happy!

Congratulations! We got a phone call today from our solicitor also, but they said our house is set to settle on the 23rd of december.. Didn't realise that the dates vary per block.. Xmas eve! Reckon I can get the builders to start on xmas day? :p

I would check that because Somerfield's contract says settlement to take place within 14 days of land titling. You can settle before the 14 days if you so desire.
Just received a mail from Somerfield on Stage 1L

Quote:
The Project Engineer has provided an update on the progress for compliance, plan registration and settlement for blocks in Stage 1L at Somerfield.
We anticipate construction works to be completed in December, compliance to be achieved by January 2011, title registration late January / early February and settlement 14 days thereafter (depending on your contract condition).
Please be assured that the project team is working diligently to minimise any further delays.
I think it's a good news for 1L. 2 months delay is normal.
Prisdenn
I would check that because Somerfield's contract says settlement to take place within 14 days of land titling. You can settle before the 14 days if you so desire.

I think it is between 14 and 30 days. Either way i really dont care as i wont be starting to build until next year anyways.
REfL3ct
Prisdenn

I think it is between 14 and 30 days. Either way i really dont care as i wont be starting to build until next year anyways.

Maybe it is based on what street you are on in 1J not the actually stage..
kallu007
Just received a mail from Somerfield on Stage 1L

Quote:
The Project Engineer has provided an update on the progress for compliance, plan registration and settlement for blocks in Stage 1L at Somerfield.
We anticipate construction works to be completed in December, compliance to be achieved by January 2011, title registration late January / early February and settlement 14 days thereafter (depending on your contract condition).
Please be assured that the project team is working diligently to minimise any further delays.

We also got the same email for 1F. Looks like 1L and 1F will be tiled at the same time.
Anyone in 1J or 1K settled yet? Just curious ....
not till the 23rd for us.
13th for me, have they removed the barriers yet?
tbotbo

We went there 2 weeks ago on the weekend but didn't see any barrier there.
tbotbo

No barriers still there on the weekend, all except on Sommerfield drive on the way out.
We're going to settle on the 15th! YAY! It will be 11 months and 2 weeks since we paid our first deposit!!!
[quote="manda1146"]We're going to settle on the 15th! YAY! It will be 11 months and 2 weeks since we paid our first deposit!!![/quot]e

Mine is 13th.. One question is that the company you will pay is Brencorp keysborough Pty Ltd. I thought it was Red23 or Intrapac.
1983yzb
manda1146
We're going to settle on the 15th! YAY! It will be 11 months and 2 weeks since we paid our first deposit!!![/quot]e

Mine is 13th.. One question is that the company you will pay is Brencorp keysborough Pty Ltd. I thought it was Red23 or Intrapac.

Just done dropped bank cheque at Conveyancer for settlement 12.30 Monday 13th. It is made out to Brencorp Keysborough.
Glad it is not Friday 13th

Our builder has said they will start no later than Mid March, 2011.
Quote:
Just done dropped bank cheque at Conveyancer for settlement 12.30 Monday 13th. It is made out to Brencorp Keysborough. Glad it is not Friday 13th
Our builder has said they will start no later than Mid March, 2011.
1983yzb
manda1146
We're going to settle on the 15th! YAY! It will be 11 months and 2 weeks since we paid our first deposit!!![/quot]e

YAY!

How exciting!

We're hoping to start in Feb.

Can't wait to see the slab down!
confirmed going to settle on the 15th.
fingers crossed!
fingers cross that everything goes smoothly on settlement
Everyone, is it possible to start building next Jan?
i have doubts that we can start building in Jan, i recon Feb is more likely..

So it's all happening today for most people
on that subject my builder just rang me out of the blue to check on everything and to also tell me that we will have site start on jan 14th! awesome! but did state that actualyl earthworks probably wont start till a week and a bit later as some builders are still on xmas holidays. so i'll assume around 24th of jan.

exciting!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum