Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build at Spring Mountain - PCI Done Today. H/o 9th Oct

Page 1 of 1
Today we were given the call and we now have handover announced so our build is almost at an end. It has been an amazingly
fast build (13 weeks this Sunday)
and its great to now have a completion date.

Pl@ntation have been fantastic to deal with and nothing has been too much trouble for our SS.

I thought I would post up some pics of the journey from start to where we are now..

Looking great, well done!
Fantastic ozzroo!!! I love your exterior choices... I don't think I've seen those bricks before, or the walnut tiles... unique and beautiful. Well done
Good luck for the last bits and pieces.
buzz
It's look really beautiful, such a nice design and great colour choices. I love the facade too
Looks fantastic!!! Loving those under cupboard lights in the kitchen
Ozz,

It is looking superb!!!!
You must be stoked with the build time...let's hope they build mine just as quickly.

Great to see your internal pics. Wall colour and kitchen are really similar to ours. It's good to be able to kind of see what mine will look like. Quality also looks great.

Congratulations on the HO date.
Hey Everyone,

Today was our Practical Completion inspection day and all went pretty well.
We have till next Friday now before we receive the keys and there is only a few things to be done.

- Some outside painting still to be finished
- Skirtings all to be final gloss coat
- Data points all to be patched off in storeroom
- A few red dots here and there inside for touchups
- Front door ironwork and staining still to be done

Overall we are very happy with the results. Will feel much more like a home in a couple of weeks time
when the carpets and timber flooring goes in.

Some more pics to come this week.

Ozz
congratulations ozzroo

Great to hear your PCI went well and your happy with your build. It looks like we are both going to get our keys next week. We had an unoffical walkthrough on tues with SS and pointed out just a few minor things as well mostly asthetic. Had the certifier, bank valuer all in last week l and all is good to go. Thought the bank might delay our final payment but seems like they have come to the party as well and will be making their final payment tomorrow. Our PCI is scheduled for tuesday but since everything is completed we will be getting our keys on the same day. We are absolutely happy with plantation and our SS has done a really good job in organising all the contractors. We have had no issues so far and he has even arranged for our front facade to be repainted (some marks left by plasterer). I know Plantation has had some bad builds in the past but we would not hesitate to build with them again.
Related
29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum