Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Voyager 383- side yard blitz, pics 17/1

Page 3 of 52
Felistopher
Ok so today's the day we were told to expect a site start. But nothing has happened

Suspected we may not be as close to starting as they kept telling us because I emailed a couple of days ago to ask if things were still going ahead ok and was told "your site supervisor is unknown at this stage" and was also told we are getting a new admin person. Doesn't sound to me like they're ready to go!!
*sigh* And so we keep waiting...
That's frustrating! We're getting a new admin too... the existing one told me verbally yesterday that our site supervisor will contact us next week. Wonder if we'll have the same one?
Yeah I don't know if the change in admin is all part of the process or if someone quit??? It does make sense for them to give you one admin for the planning stage, then a different person to just do the weekly telephone call to let you know where your house is at... Not sure.
Hopefully somebody calls either of us soon or I'll start to feel like I'm 17 again, waiting and waiting for that boy to call and he never does.

Fingers crossed for you that they start on your site soon. I wouldn't worry too much about the changes in admin and SS, it happened to us too. We had 3 different admin staff until we got to build stage and we had our CSA through the whole process and she was great. We had a call from our first SS introducing himself and telling us when we were going to start, then low and behold we had a new SS the week we actually started. I couldn't have wished for a better SS as he got our house built in 4 months. I know it might be different in QLD but seeing P.H is a div of Henley I'm sure once your started everything will go smoothly. I hope
Thanks Kiarabuild
It's nice to know the changes are normal. I'm sure you're right, once it actually gets underway, things will be quite smooth going. Hopefully!!!
OMG we have started! So this is what it feels like!!!! Woohoo!
I got a picture message from my sister in law an hour ago and it shows our block being dug out. She's been doing daily drive bys or walk bys with the pram for us. Can't wait to zoom out straight after work and check things out in person
Yay!

Woohoo!!! How awesome!!! So exciting! We're going to be a few days behind you guys, cant wait to watch both builds!! Share tips
Felistopher
OMG we have started!

Great news!!!
Let the fun begin!!!!! Looking forward to 'watching' the progress!!
Woo Hoo! I did however know before you lol... saw them there when I left home this morning looking good!
CiNnY
Woo Hoo! I did however know before you lol... saw them there when I left home this morning looking good!

Wow really? That's so cool! We had no idea it would be today... thought maybe some time next week because we still have only just sent back our final drawings last night! Went out there a couple of hours ago and took some more photos. I literally just stood there for like 10 minutes watching the guy on the digger, smiling like a goof. He must have thought I was so weird!

They took some of the developer's 'lovely' plants out, rather than doze over them. haha. don't think they'll survive somehow!

And a tap!

Can't wait to see what comes next!!!!!
Do you know your SS and admin? We have the same as Cinny
Hoping our build goes as quick as theirs!!!
aaron4erin

No we still have no idea! My brother has the same two as well. He is a big fan of P because he is letting him do lots of plumbing and electrical during construction and dealt very swiftly with the slab-too-small problem. We are also hoping for the same so we can do some extra electrical and perhaps excavate the back of the block. I reckon we will all have the same
I can't believe how excited I am just to look at a digger!!!!
Congratulations guys

Let's hope next week you have lots more action. Weather is looking promising for Melbourne so should be ok

Harribeka
congratulations, your block looks like it has a nice view from the front... I mean looking up to it.

It's amazing how excited we get when something so simple as block being cleared is done. It's the start of something wonderful and it's yours.
Congratulations!!!! Don't feel bad about standing there smiling during the site start... When ours comes along (after we sign the contracts of course), I will be out there with my Bunnings outdoor chair for the day with a 6 pake of carlsberg.
Felistopher
aaron4erin

No we still have no idea! My brother has the same two as well. He is a big fan of P because he is letting him do lots of plumbing and electrical during construction and dealt very swiftly with the slab-too-small problem. We are also hoping for the same so we can do some extra electrical and perhaps excavate the back of the block. I reckon we will all have the same
I can't believe how excited I am just to look at a digger!!!!
Really? That's great, as Aaron wants to do some of his own plumbing (connecting washing machine to water tank etc)... which Henley wouldn't include in our contract for OHS reasons!
Thanks Rizzo!
I know what you mean. I like that our block is slightly elevated (when I have expressed this before I have been accused of "loving looking down on people"- that's not what I meant!!!
) Although the only downfall to that is that we have to have a retaining wall along the back cos of the cut. Hoping ours ends up only being about a waist high wall...

DL-23
Congratulations!!!! Don't feel bad about standing there smiling during the site start... When ours comes along (after we sign the contracts of course), I will be out there with my Bunnings outdoor chair for the day with a 6 pake of carlsberg.

That sounds like a great idea! Reminds me of when I had a concreter come to the block to give driveway quote a couple of months ago I had 3 girlfriends in the car with me and the concreter said he has had feedback re his workers looking great with no shirts on. The girls have all said that come driveway time they are planting deck chairs on the pavement and are planning to stay there all day until the job is done

I'm sure Aaron will be able to do a fair bit of work on your place Erin! You'll be able to get it exactly how you want it
Ryan (my brother) has done wiring for downlights, put lights in the roof, wired the living room how he wants it, put in 3 phase power, power to outside, a gas line to outside for the bbq, and plumbed all the toilets and washing machine to tank connection. Other stuff too but that's the limit to my understanding of it. The rest of the stuff I just smile and go 'uh huh... yeah that looks good.'
It's great that although Henley's official position is 'stay off site' in reality they are pretty accommodating and as long as you are qualified and you label all your work 'customer connection' or something like that so there's no mix up with wires etc.
Have you been told which day next week you might start???
Felistopher
I'm sure Aaron will be able to do a fair bit of work on your place Erin! You'll be able to get it exactly how you want it
Ryan (my brother) has done wiring for downlights, put lights in the roof, wired the living room how he wants it, put in 3 phase power, power to outside, a gas line to outside for the bbq, and plumbed all the toilets and washing machine to tank connection. Other stuff too but that's the limit to my understanding of it. The rest of the stuff I just smile and go 'uh huh... yeah that looks good.'
It's great that although Henley's official position is 'stay off site' in reality they are pretty accommodating and as long as you are qualified and you label all your work 'customer connection' or something like that so there's no mix up with wires etc.
Have you been told which day next week you might start???
That's relief, as when we've quizzed our previous admin's, there's like 'no way', 'not a chance' that we can get on site and do our own stuff. our toilets are already connected to the water tank, but we want the washing machine aswell, an extra pipe work near our alfresco as we want to have an outdoor kitchen sink near the bbq etc. so exciting! paul said that he'd be at our block monday, and do all the ordering for the water meter, and port-a-loo etc that day. site scrap will be done by friday
slab to be done the following week!
I'd say we'll be a week behind you guys along the way.
darn it. I really wanted a water point for the fridge. I didn't ask as I assumed they wouldn't let us.
A little more progress today:
They finished excavating the rest of our neighbour's block and meanwhile we got some peg things put in. Apparently these are to indicate where plumbing or something goes in...?? No pics today- a peg does not raise my excitement level high enough to counteract the peak hour traffic experience! But I will go out there tomorrow and see if we get plumbed

We have been plumbed!!! Went out tonight and found a man in a ditch on our block. He said the plumbing should be finished about lunchtime tomorrow and then the red rock spread over the block. But, a terrible thing happened!!!! I got a serious attack of shyness and could not bring myself to take photos while they were there
There were like five workers and I didn't want them to feel like they were getting papped or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?????????

So I zoomed around the corner to my brother's build and talked to his brickies for a bit. They are doing the best job, perhaps because they are good, perhaps also because my brother knows them.
I asked if they were free to do our job if we request them with our SS and they said they'd be happy to
Yay! I think they might get some cupcakes!
Here are a couple of pics. Couple more on the blog too...

Related
22/11/2023
where to place yard gullies?

Building A New House

can someone with more experience give me their insight? land is pretty much flat its pretty much at the top of a hill. left and right neighbours are flat in line with my…

29/12/2023
New development overlooks into my yard

General Discussion

Plant some bamboo along the fenceline >

24/01/2024
Bore in front yard

Landscape & Garden Design

there should be ss cable so you can pull up bore pump for service

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros