Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My first home - Santorini 26 by M3tr!con

Page 6 of 6
Hey JBJ,

It's lookin good

Can't wait to see the pics of the tiles!

Just a quick question - Does your bath tub have chrome waste/plug or a plastic one?
Shelz
Hey JBJ,

It's lookin good

Can't wait to see the pics of the tiles!

Just a quick question - Does your bath tub have chrome waste/plug or a plastic one?

Hi Shelz, I'm not actually sure but I will check for you the next time I am down and let you know. Just had a squiz at your thread, your house is looking great!! I noticed the toilet window on your place is also off centre and would be interested to see if any of the other Santorini builder's are also affected. A friend went through the Santorini display home at Geelong and confirmed that the toilet window in the display is also off centre, so it's made me feel better about mine lol
Oooh, I'm going to say it again, I like looking at your photos because your the step ahead of us.

I've only 'just' come back and started looking at the forums again, we've got our kitchen benches and such in there but no basins or downlights just yet.

I agree with emilygirl, your bricks are 'fab'!
Latest pics from the weekend:

-- For Shelz

-- Different tiles, but the laying 'pattern' and size matches

-- Hard to see, but the tiles in the toilet look as though they have been layed separately and do not match up with the pattern in the walk way....I'm no tiler, but that looks 'wrong' to me...

-- Soap holder is also apparently meant to be white, but looks more ivory to me...

Showerscreens to go in next. Toilets and tapware apparently already installed since these pics were taken.
Hey JBJ,

Thanks for the bath waste pics!
Im annoyed with them now for not putting the chrome wastes in mine! I will push to have it changed cause everyone who has chosen this bath has the chrome not plastic waste but i just hope its not too late now that they have boxed and plastered it

Tiny detail I know, but its the small details that make all the difference

Anyhoo, Congrats on the progress!

I love how you've used the different floor tiles and they work so well together to.

Have they given you any indication of when your handover is forecast?
its amazing how different the house feels with some tiles down hey! feels more... like a home? rather than a house?

great to see that you've got some dark colour running up your shower sides, we've done a similar colour from the floor up one side of each of our showers...

i should have some photos of ours up this weekend or during next week! moi bueno! exciting!

congratulations!

and yay!

Seems to be a long time between drinks jellybeanjean...

Whats the haps?
Hey, jackbellyjean! It would seem that I am prompting everyone for an update. How are things going?
JBJ have you moved in and not tell us??

Those photos back in November look like what we are currently upto now...

Whats the news shorty?
Hi everyone, I'm without internet access so haven't been able to reply sooner - rest assured I haven't moved in yet, unfortunately. Certificate of Occupancy has been issued, but due to M not having been able to complete their own Quality Assurance testing, handover is not able to be done until late January at the earliest, which in my opinion is ridiculous and I have pushed them to try and get it done earlier so as not to hold up handover for two months when there is a house sitting there, finished and ready to go. So frustrating, but not much I can do about it! Hope everyone else's builds are coming along good
Thats ridiculous JBJ!

When you say 'M not having been able to complete their own quality assurance testing', do you mean they failed their own test or have they just not been able to arrange a time to actually get around to doing it in the first place?

It would be so hard for you now knowing that its done and just sitting there but at least if anything does happen to the house while its vacant then its their responsibility to fix or replace it! Not that you want anymore delays though

Fingers crossed they get their act together very early in the new year
Mmm...

I thought it was hard holding back excitement and aggrivation over christmas with our house being noteably incomplete.

But yours IS complete....

..I really hope your coping! And it should be close by now!
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say handover is booked in for tomorrow

Hope all is well with everyone else's builds
jackbellyjean
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say handover is booked in for tomorrow

Hope all is well with everyone else's builds

Exciting time! Congratulations!
Hey JBJ,

Yay!

All the best, hope all goes well today!
Make sure you post us some pics once your settled in
Hi JBJ,

You have no doubt have been very busy moving into you new home. Hopefully you have internet access again and will be able to tell us how you have settled in!
Hey Jellybean - Congratulations on handover!!!!! (I'm assuming it actually went ahead?) I'm amazed that you had to wait sooooo long considering how far ahead of the rest of us you were and that your house was actually finished last year! But I hope it's been worth the wait and that you're loving being in it!
Related
17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum