Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Jodes House - Aussie Liviing (WA) Garage Door FINALLY on :)

Page 1 of 135
Hello all!!

I've been stalking H1 for months now, and I must say... WOW!! Such a wealth of information! I've been reading through everyones threads and everyones homes are looking gorgeous. Makes me change my mind about what i've chosen for my own place!

So, I'm building with Aussie Living (division of Ventura). I'm building the 'Sensation'. Its a new one, so no display home unfortunately, which made it quite difficult to picture what it looks like! From what I have seen though, its quite similar to the display home in Madeley, so next time I'm in Perth i do believe i'll be paying a visit to have a sticky beak
My poor son is already sick of being dragged through display home after display home LOL

I've changed it around quite a bit (moved the kitchen, put the garage at the back). I will attempt to attach the plans and a piccy of my block soon!

Has been a bit of a wait!! I went through a broker (something that i won't be recommending to any of my friends...) and applied for the loan at the beginning of May. Unconditional approval was received on the 23rd July and settlement finally went through on the 27 August!! So i now own my block of dirt

I've already had my pre-start, and signed all the final building contracts. So now i'm at a bit of a loss as to what happens next!!

Can't wait for it to progress
Best of luck to you all with your own builds and I look forward to seeing your beautiful homes completed!!

PLAN!!!

Changes to the original plan:

The kitchen used to be in that corner *living* area, i've made the pantry into a larger corner pantry and added a bench. Moved the garage to the rear of the property so its now behind the theatre/lounge area. Moved main bedroom window from side of to front of room. Can't think of anything else i really changed...

But there you have it!! My plan

UPDATED TIME LINE

Unconditional Approval: 23 July 2009
Settlement on Land: 27 August 2009
Site Pegged: 20 September 2009
Tap: 20 September 2009
Site Scrap/Spad: 29 September 2009
Plumbing Pipes (internal): 5 October 2009
Mesh Base: 6 October 2009
SLAB!!!: 7 October 2009
External Pipes: 12 October 2009
Window Frames etc: 14 October 2009
Bricks: 19 October 2009
LOO!!!: 22 October 2009
Bricking Started: 27 October 2009
Bricking Completed: 4 November 2009
Roof Frame Started: 12 November 2009
Roof Frame Finished: 20 November 2009
Gas installation done: 20 November 2009
Water installation done: 24 November 2009
Roof Tiles delivered: 27 November 2009
Roof Tiling started: 2 December 2009
Roof Tiling finished: 7 December 2009
Float Started: 10 December 2009
Float Completed: 11 December 2009
Windows Installed: 11 December 2009
Ceilings installed: 14 December 2009
Cornices installed: 15 December 2009
Silver things on roof: 15 December 2009
Plastering started: 17 December 2009
Plastering finished: 18 December 2009
LOCKED OUT: 21 December 2009

CHRISTMAS BREAK: 23 December 2009 - 11 January 2010

Cabinets installed: 12 January 2010
Bath and sinks in: 13 January 2010
Bathrooms tiled: 14 January 2010
Splashback tiled: 14 January 2010
Shelving and doors installed: 27 January 2010
Ceilings, doors, gutters etc
Painted: 29 January 2010
Pavers delivered: 30 January 2010
Toilets, HWS etc installed: 1 February 2010
External painting finished: 2 February 2010
Plumbing finalised: 2 February 2010
Oven and rangehood installed: 10 February 2010
Ceiling light things installed: 10 February 2010
External powerpoints/switches: 11 February 2010
Insulation installed: 12 February 2010
Internal electrics finalised: 12 February 2010
Door knobs: 15 February 2010
Cleaner: 22 February 2010
Paving installers: 23 February 2010
Roof capping finished: 24 February 2010
Carpets half installed: 24 February 2010
Construction Manager visit: 24 February 2010
Blinds installed: 25 February 2010
PCI: 3 MARCH 2010
HANDOVER: 12 MARCH 2010
welcome Jodie!!
where are you building? cant wait to see photos!! you'll love it on here, very addictive, but very friendly and helpful!
cya
Lisa
Thanks Lisa. I've already found this place HUGELY addictive LOL

I'm building in Dalyellup (about five mins out of Bunbury). Satterley were still giving such good deals with their blocks of land (as apposed to *The Tuarts* blocks who are right next door to Dalyellup but through a different planner), so i get all fencing plus front and rear landscaping including retic! Very pleased

I think my block is 412 in size which is just perfect for me and my son and our cat (Jack...) i'm not much of a garden person either, so the less plants the better really LOL

So i contacted my builders today, and was advised that the next stage for me is Scheduling!! So my file has gone off to have everything ordered and within 3 weeks my CSO (?? is that right??) would be contacting me to arrange for the slab and building to start!!!

Am very happy with my contact so far with Aussie Living
Fingers crossed that this continues through the build!!
Hi Jodes welcome to the forum.

I think we are about the same stage as you. Have signed final plans etc.. now just waiting for the start of it all
Welcome - hope your build goes smoothly - Yes please post pics. I'm addicted to Pics!

Rgds

Leonard.
Congratulations on settlement - so exciting!!!
Look forward to seeing your pics and following the build!
So!! I've finally worked out this photobucket thingo
My apologies that they're so big!!

This is the block, standing at the front and looking towards the rear. And thats one of those parking spaces out the front too. So perfect for friends!! LOL

This is the original plans of the house. I have moved the garage to the rear (so its now behind the theater room), as its a rear entry block. I have also moved the kitchen to where the family room is and added an extra bench top. Where the kitchen originally was i am putting my bookshelves.

^^ just excuse my scribblings all over my original plans!!!

Stupid question... what is this *crossover* that i keep reading about? You're getting charged several thousand for it?? Is this for everyones build? It has something to do with the driveway??

Thanks!!!
Hey Jodie,

great plan! I like the changes you've made, they make sense.

The crossover is basically the driveway, well where they concrete the driveway from the road. I'm not sure there should be a charge for it though? That should be organised by the developer before you build (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Hi Jodie80

you are almsot a neighbour as I am only about 45 kms from you in Donnybrook.

it used to be that crossovers where something you organised with the council after the build hand over. ( well it was in perth back in the 80's. last time we built it was in a development by satterly's) but on current build the developer had put it in. It's the bit between when your land finishes and the road . so the bit of the driveway that is on council land.
nice plan jodie!! i like how the master bed is not at the front of the house in your plan!

Hope all goes well in the early stages, look forward to the progress!!
The crossover is the driveway between your land and the councils to the road. It cost me $5000 a lot less for others because they have smaller ones. We are set back a bit.

Kat
Gawd... i've been sitting here quietely panicking to myself that there were going to be further delays as i'd not heard anything from the builder regarding the council!! And there's soooo many posts here saying about how people have had to wait ... and wait... and wait... to get council approval

So i just contacted my builder (again...
) to ask about it, and its already been done!! How cool is that! So now i'm back to not stressing about hold-ups
(<< i love this little guy LOL)
Got my first letter regarding the building process!! (you guys are gonna get so sick of my constant updating of every little thing that happens...
)

Anyway, it says that Scheduling and Preparation of the Supervisors File takes 6 weeks! wow...

And, that earthworks is booked in conjunction with the pouring of the slab. The timeframe from the date we progress to the scheduling stage until earthworks are copleted is approx 8 weeks.

So!! A fair bit of time to go yet then!
Jodie80
Got my first letter regarding the building process!! (you guys are gonna get so sick of my constant updating of every little thing that happens...
)

Anyway, it says that Scheduling and Preparation of the Supervisors File takes 6 weeks! wow...

And, that earthworks is booked in conjunction with the pouring of the slab. The timeframe from the date we progress to the scheduling stage until earthworks are copleted is approx 8 weeks.

So!! A fair bit of time to go yet then!

we never get tired of updates. We all update everytime anything at all happens lol

Yes its all about the waiting game.
My broker just phoned me to actually apologise for not speaking to me more throughout the whole application process!! He actually said that he was quite snowed under with peoples applications, however he should have made the time to contact me to keep me more informed!!!!

funny
I think that was quite nice of him.

Now.

Bring on the building!!
Going to be busy on my new street!!!

Had a little drive-by yesterday and there's only two blocks that haven't had anything start on them yet (that'd be mine and the neighbours!!)

Think there's only about eight houses on my side of the street... so looks like we'll all be moving in one after the other.

Fingers crossed that the homeswest house has nice tenants!! (which is so nicely located right next to my block... my previous house had a homeswest house next door as well...)
very cool! just be sure to watch out for building materials on the road! and tradies for that matter!!
Yes... i've already experienced tradies hiding behind utes before stepping onto the road... They're worse then kids for that!!
Hi jodie80,

it's all very exciting this house building melarky (even all the downers too) LOL.
Speaking of tradies and their utes, today I ordered the tradie to back his ute off my easement but he didn't understand me cos' I said,"can you move your truck". OOOops.....sorry.....I'm still not used to calling a ute a ute cos' we call it a pickup truck from where I come from!!!!!! And I've been here 2 years already!!!!!!!! LOL

Anyway, good luck with your build. I'll keep an eye out on your thread!
Related
26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/02/2024
Do I need a new garage door motor or I being scammed?

Windows & Doors

My garage door has started playing up recently. Sometimes (and getting more frequent) when I press the button to open it, it wont. The motor is an ATA GD0-6V3. Red and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum