Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Pet Peeve - my full skip bin

Page 1 of 1
I am building in a built up area, and it is sooo irritating having the skip filled up with everyone's junk. Boxes and boxes of their junk. Now that the skip is full, they are just putting it on the side; in front and anywhere there is room! ... old deck chairs, suitcases and everything else that could wait for our bulk pick up in October!!

Luckily I don't have to pay for my skip like some people. I know that Goodlife Homes (here in WA) make the owner pay for their skips, but my builder has added it into the price!
The same thing has happened to me when we have a council collection. They tell you that you get to put out a trailer load worth of stuff and overnight you have two trailer loads!!

It's so rude. Some people have no conscience!
Do you live near AJ Rochester from the Biggest Loser? She allegedly did the same thing, and had the gaul to say that things were taken from her yard!!!
My mum lives in West Leederville and the guy that lives next door to her puts his crap on her lawn so his lawn doesn't get stuff on it! He puts out garden stuff and all the sand and rocks are left on her verge every time! Last time they did a pick up I helped mum clean up her garden and we got heaps of stuff and put it out the front. She lives on a corner block so we put it out the front of her house, the neighbour put it out the front on her side but around the corner. The truck didn't pick it up as it was on her side, the neighbour refuses to get rid of it so she had to complain to the council. Now that is inconsiderate
He is awful. They decided to paint the fence, he didn't like the colour so he and a mate took the fence out of the ground and turned it around so now mum has this lairy green paint on her side of the fence
Oh Lynnebin ... he must be a horrid neighbour. Your mum should paint her side of the fence a bright pink, and move it around again in the middle of the night!!
What a cheek to put his stuff on her lawn!!

I went to my house again today, and the skip is bubbling over the edges with more rubbish. Real pain. Hopefully they will take the skip away soon, as it shouldn't be needed much more.
Oh yes I am getting pink paint on the weekend for my bedroom...hehe I hope there is some left
I see skip bins with other peoples stuff all the time where I am building. It says on my contract that they will only take building rubbish...gee i hope people don't chuck stuff in my bin when it arrives
I've had 3 skips on the nature strip so far through the build (bloody wasteful trades but that is another story) and can't say I've noticed any rubbish in there that wasn't mine. Must have considerate neighbours! One of them was even doing a full reno for the entire time it took me to go from slab to lock up.

Given the cost of the bins and how fussy they are if you over fill or put in stuff like tyres etc which they bill you extra for I'd be bloody annoyed too!
Mtuba2
I am building in a built up area, and it is sooo irritating having the skip filled up with everyone's junk. Boxes and boxes of their junk. Now that the skip is full, they are just putting it on the side; in front and anywhere there is room! ... old deck chairs, suitcases and everything else that could wait for our bulk pick up in October!!

Luckily I don't have to pay for my skip like some people. I know that Goodlife Homes (here in WA) make the owner pay for their skips, but my builder has added it into the price!

So rude and inconsiderate
Related
28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum