Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Left of Square:CMET’s Journey, with EBH! Landscaping 16/05

Page 9 of 9
Looks good! Actually let me rephrase that... looks great!

I will have to keep them in mind for mine when I am done. Would you mind PM'ing me the contact detail (name and number) of the person you have been dealing with?

Thanks and congrats.

I love this!! ('Amazing' doesn't quite do it)
So, the actual design is all Mirage's idea? Absolutely beautiful!
Lex

I love this!! ('Amazing' doesn't quite do it)
So, the actual design is all Mirages’ idea? Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks Lex,

The design was actually done by a landscape architect that Mirage suggested to us that we use for our plans submission to the design review committee and council, and then Mirage have used those plans as the basis for what you see now. We had idea's on the choice of materials and colours and was open to there suggestions of what would look best in for our application.

From what you can see, I am sure you can see that we are very happy with the final results.

Cheers,

CMET
Hi CMET,

your landscaping looks great, and your feature lights are fantastic. we have similar style feature lights but not quite the same.

not long to go for you and you'll all be done : )

well done.

mel
Just perfect!!! You've done such a great job!

Do you mind if I ask what colour your main house brick is? We're at the stage now where we're trying to choose our external colours and we've narrowed it down to a couple but it's so hard to imagine it all put together sometimes!
karry327
Just perfect!!! You've done such a great job!

Do you mind if I ask what colour your main house brick is? We're at the stage now where we're trying to choose our external colours and we've narrowed it down to a couple but it's so hard to imagine it all put together sometimes!

Hi karry327,

Our main house brick colour is PGH Mild Steel.. It was an upgrade, as our first choice of brick was rejected by the estate for not being a smooth face brick.

I know what you mean about it being difficult to choose the right colour! We ended up going to the brick yards and getting samples and leaving them in different kinds of light to work out which ones worked best together.

Good luck with the brick search.

Cheers,

CMET
Thanks! We have been quite keen on 'cement' but after going back to PGH the other day, we didn't mind gravel & pebble too. Mild Steel had caught my eye too but I was trying not to go too high with the upgrade.
Those other colours look good too. I guess it depends on exactly which shade you after, and whether you will be using it against other feature bricks, or render of moroka colours.

Have you looked at the Boral range as well? Our original choice was the Boral Graphite, but as I said, it was rejected by the design review panel for the estate because it was not a smooth face, and had too much variability in colour.

If you really do like Mild Steel, it may be worth asking them how much it would be to upgrade, as it may not be too much more.

Cheers,

CMET
CMET
Those other colours look good too. I guess it depends on exactly which shade you after, and whether you will be using it against other feature bricks, or render of moroka colours.

Have you looked at the Boral range as well? Our original choice was the Boral Graphite, but as I said, it was rejected by the design review panel for the estate because it was not a smooth face, and had too much variability in colour.

If you really do like Mild Steel, it may be worth asking them how much it would be to upgrade, as it may not be too much more.

Cheers,

CMET

Mild Steel Brick upgrade for us was an extra $1,400 for our Memphis 28. The upgrade price also took into account we had the promotional 2 squares for $2K as well so my house is actually a 30 square home.

Given you see the bricks each time you leave or arrive home, I reckon the money is well spent on getting the brick you want.
Definitely agree KID; money that was well spent! When you think about how long your house is going to be standing, the return on investment is really good.

The added bonus for us was that the upgrade meant that we moved from standard grade bricks to Exposure grade, which is beneficial when you are working with saline soils! Maybe worth considering the grades for the other bricks that you are considering.

Cheers,

CMET
KnockItDown
Mild Steel Brick upgrade for us was an extra $1,400 for our Memphis 28. The upgrade price also took into account we had the promotional 2 squares for $2K as well so my house is actually a 30 square home.

Wow, that's not too bad. I figured if we were charged $895 for option B bricks, then the option D bricks would be around $3000.
Karry,

Not sure if this helps or not, but an option 'E' brick for me was a $5,000 upgrade. Like CMET and KID said though, and if your budget will stretch to it, it is probably a worthwhile investment.

Cheers
fantastic landscape...
Related
14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

20/12/2023
Nitrogen gas left in the compressor, is it normal practice

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

you need a fridgie to answer but I would think you vac the whole system then add gas if you have a leak, unless it is new install with the gas already loaded, in that case…

14/03/2024
Junk left behind in an old house

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Hi, just discovered all these junks left behind under the floor. Could any of these be asbestos? Best to leave as it is or clean up? Thank you for your thoughts

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum