Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone Building with Silkwood Dream

Page 1 of 1
We are considering building with Silkwood in north east of melb, has anyone built or are building with Silkwood, would love to hear any feedback about quality etc.
There are a couple of Silkwood homes being built in Cornell's Hill. Don't know the owners, just noticed them when looking at land.
There is a Silkwood being built at the end of my street. I have no idea about the quality or anything, but me and my husband have commented quite a few times about how slow they seem to be. They had their site cut done a few days before us and now they only have a slab, while we have out frame finished, windows in and guttering up. Mind you, that may not be the builders fault, the clients may not have paid their invoice or something.
Hi ring09,

My Brother-in-law and his wife have just built with Silkwood and they have their final inspection this week. They started building late June for memory so not a bad build time especially seems they started in winter.

We went for a sticky beek of the progress with them last week and were lucky enough to go inside as the carpet layer was there doing his stuff and so the front door was open, and I must say it looked great, we can't wait to see the final product.

We too are looking at building with Silkwood and just waiting for the final costings of all our extra bits and pieces and slight changes to come back hopefully this week sometime.

Good Luck with your build.
They've built a few houses on my estate and I've met one of the owners... they had no major problems during their build - some delays (not sure of the reason) and a problem with something that had to be rectified post-handover that I can't quite remember now. Not much help, am I?

Anyway, I know that they're happy with their house and have no complaints about their experience, only the usual minor annoyances that seem to happen to everyone, no matter which builder they choose.
Anyone build with silkwood dreams? love to know their experience with the builder and build? They are very flexible with the changes in their plans and inclusions are seems to be good
urk697
Anyone build with silkwood dreams? love to know their experience with the builder and build? They are very flexible with the changes in their plans and inclusions are seems to be good

We're currently building with Silkwood and are very happy with the quality and service so far, We've had a few minor issues along the way (as does everyone) but they haven't been too much of a concern and have been resolved quite quickly. From what we have experienced so far we would highly recommend Silkwood.
Our neighbours are building with them. They were flexible in altering the design of the house and the owners seem happy so far. Cut, plumbing, slab and frame went up extremely quick - within two weeks maybe? Bricklayer has been there two weeks and is probably 75%done - but he is lovely and seems to be paying careful attention to detail. And was more than obliging to use our tarp along our temp fence to ensure nothing got on our brickwork (whereas the not so lovely concreter has left nice concrete splashes all over the front of our house
) He is now using the tarp as a weather shelter
Has anyone got more recent feedback on Silkwood Dream please? They're at the top of our shortlist.
Hi there in the process at the moment (getting contract finalised) with silkwood dream all i can say at this point is do your home work, take your time , ask questions. Been there done that with the other builders and good luck with it all
Thanks uncle bob. They seem pretty good so far with my bazillion questions since we've never built before and have been good with everything we've asked for/about, not that it's much given were n00bs. Just hoping that doesn't stop if/when they get our money
Hi there, yes I pulled the pin on silkwood many reasons I'm glad I did my research
Found private builder gotta say best decision I made . No crap involved in every step the honesty and clarity unbelievable ,a builder that has not just built a house has built a home .
Hi everyone
Have done a couple searches on here and read all reviews on line about this builder. Has anyone built with them recently? I mean in the last 12 months? We have just signed with them in early November knock down and rebuild in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Site and soil tests have been done, just waiting for engineering reports so building permit can be granted. Hopefully before Xmas shut down. All being well with permit is granted before Xmas we should start building from mid January 2015 on the return from Xmas break.
We asked for a set back of 7 metres from the street front as our current default setback would've been around 8 metres like the same frontage of either side of our neighbour without special dispensation from local council. Application has gone through to council and both neighbours on either side of us were happy to sign our council application for us to get a 7 metre set back. Has anyone got any RECENT building experience with Silkwood dreams good or bad?
Cheers
Mary
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum