Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ultimate Homes in Perth - Handover done.

Page 1 of 18
Well it has been a journey so far. We have spent 4 months in contract negotiations (well mostly waiting for drawings and estimates). We are now well and truly on our way with the builders sign put up last Friday and site works beginning today. Didn’t get a call like some of you, just got a call to say that they are on site and can not finish the site works due to lack of soil left from the demolition. So please sign this variation for a couple of thousand for some extra sand. Let's hope they can get enough sand to finish today....and maybe, just maybe a slab early next week!

So just to update everyone, attached is our floor plan (larger image on blog for those detailed people) and some pictures of the beginning of earth works.

Looks great
I can't wait to see your house coming along - it's so similar to ours! I think you're going to beat us though
we're waiting for the deposit to go through to the builder, and then the site works will start. How annoying about the soil! I so hope we aren't in the situation when our site works start (I have a big feeling that the levels they've chosen are higher than I would've liked, but then I don't read civil drawings too often so I may be wrong....) Will you keep putting updates in here or in your blog?
that plan is awesome! congrats on the start!

will be good to follow the progress!
Our blog will be updated for family and friends. I was thinking of just posting pictures on homeone for all the photoholics.
That would be great
We all love photos!
we love updates and photos
We are now well and truly underway after receiving an email from our contruction coordinator telling us that we have a supervisor assigned. Better news is that she said the footings are planned for tomorrow with slab down on Friday. Nothing happened today except delivery of the reo mesh.
How exciting!!!
Good stuff, can't wait to see more pics as things progress.
Your plan is FANTASTIC and so big!!!
Can't wait to watch your progress
Footings done. Hopefully slab tomorrow.

Kirsada - I don't think it is big enough for me to hide from all the kids!

You have a library!!! That is the best thing I have seen in a while!! I want one now!

Do you have enough books to fill it?
We will have bookcases along the entire length of the wall backing onto the kitchen for our books. Along the other side next to the window will have the two kids bookcases.
Slab down! What more is there to say?
How long do we wait for bricks? Still don't have a toilet?

Nice!... such a huge pad, very envious! haha

was about a month before they started laying bricks on my pad!

YAY! Congrats on the slab!!!!!!!!!!!

They are meant to wait 3 weeks before starting on the bricks. BUT, the bricks and windows and port-a-loo will all arrive some time before that!
wow what a humungous slab! Nice work
Thanks everyone. Tried to take photos of hunky guys however it has been a tad chilly.

Noticing that a lot of houses have the cream bricks, are red bricks so yesterday? Has anyone selected red bricks?
Looking good and very exciting when it starts getting underway isnt it.
I love your plan.....5 bedrooms, just what we now need! I cant see DH wanting to build anytime soon though, so I guess its back to someone sharing. LOL
We had our bricks on site within a week of the slab being poured, and bricking started within 2 weeks.

dragon
Noticing that a lot of houses have the cream bricks, are red bricks so yesterday? Has anyone selected red bricks?

Not sure if its 'so yesterday' or not, but we chose red bricks solely because 90% of the houses in our estate have gone for cream, and we wanted to be a bit different. As it turns out the people building across the road from us have chosen the same bricks!

dragon
Kirsada - I don't think it is big enough for me to hide from all the kids!

Haha sounds like my place, no matter how big the house is the kids always seem to find me or decide that where I am is the place they need to be to make noise!
wow gorgeous house. I am envious of library as well.
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum