Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dennis Family Homes - Harvard 27

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We are building the Harvard 27 with Dennis Family Homes, our slab was laid last week and the frame is starting today! I would just like to hear about othe people's experiences with DFH. Is there anything specific that we should look out for? Are they generally good at sticking to their time frames? Also, if anyone else out there has built the same home, I would love to see some pictures as there are no displays so we are going in blind!

I'll post pics as things progress too.

Any advice or words of wisdom would be fantastic!

Cheers,

R.
Hi! Sorry, I don't have any tips etc about DFH to offer, but congratulations on your start!!
Hi,
We are building with DFH too. We have chosen the Lancaster new one. We were going with the harvard, but a new promo came out saving us $20k. Ours is for investment, so we did not want to spend too much.

Where you building?

We r in the west of Melb.

Keep me posted and i will do the same!

By memory, the Harvard is the same as another hous in the DFH range. Ask your sales consultant, cause you can see it still.
That's a great deal! We are building in Torquay, there is a relatively new estate called The Quay, homes are starting to spring up nice and fast on our street which is exciting!

The Harvard is basically the same as the Hartley, just a cheaper "version" if you will. We have been through the Hartley a few times but the floor plan of the display has been altered quite a bit so it's hard to get the feel of it.

A beautiful home though!

What stage are you at with yours? How has it been for you so far?
Hi,
We only just paid our deposit! We at the beginning. I found them to be really good though. Very friendly and helpful, plus they get back to you the same day usually.

The homes are a lot cheaper than other building, and they give the 10 year g'tee instead of 6 standard one.

The other thing is, the whole process is done by one person and can be done on the weeekend. So much easier!! Only the colours appt is done on the weekend.

We are build in Caroline Springs, we are really excited, Cannot wait for it all to start!
Ohhh that's so exciting for you! I thought it was goign to be so hard picking all the colours but it actually ended up going along really smoothly. We did go back and change a few things here and there but overall they make it really smooth for you - the seem to know what they are talking about!

We had a few issues here and there with documents not being chased up, they also forgot to apply for our building permit! Overall with all the little hiccups between DFH and our broker, the slab was laid 6 weeks later then expected, so that was a bit of a let down. My advice would be to ensure that you are keeping close watch on each progress step and asking as many questions as you can and asking them to set deadlines, that way you have something to guide you.

Keep me posted!!
Hello fellow Hardard builders!!!

We're building the harvard in Clyde North (Cascades on Clyde) and we are soooo happy with it!!
We have just passed the fit-out stage with painting, carpets, tiles and finishing touches to go, should only be a few more weeks until it's all finished and then the inspections begin!!

We have had no problems with DFH at all, in fact they've been fantastic. We had a lot of problems at the start with our broker which caused an 8 week delay, but we dumped the broker, went direct to the bank and started building just a few days later!!
Our colour selections were really easy because we had already picked our tile so we just built it up from there. I'm going to add my colours on here later when i get home so keep your eyes peeled for that!!
HI again,

Thats great for the both of you. I will be glad when that all starts for us too!!

Will be stress free hopefully!!
Im also building the Harvard with DFH in Melbournes west. Im currently about 3 weeks away from completion. I couldnt be happier with them they have been great from start to finish. No problems no hassle always return calls and keep us upto date
Ohhh so exciting to hear from you all!

We have just heard from our supervisor who has said our frame will start Tuesday and the brickies will be starting on August 31st. It's so hard trying to be patient but I'm doing my best!

Once things start to progress I will be posting some pics

Mark_23 - how long did it take to get from lock up to where you are now?
Hello Spaceopera!

I will be building harvard 27 too! Its a beautiful house isnt it! We are building in Wyndham waters estate. Will start in around September.

So far, experiences with DFH was great.

Will be looking forward to seeing your build pics
Which facade option did u go for?

Stephen
Hi FND!

Yeas it is a beautiful home, in my opinion the best in the Aspirations series (may be bias but that's ok
)!

Glad to hear that everything has gone smoothly for you, I bet you're hanging for September to roll around!!

Our frame was supposed to start yesterday but the weather stopped that happening, fingers crossed the sun stays out this morning.

We chose the Estate facade, minus the stacker stone. How about you?
My sister in law is currently building The Beaufort, it's gone up so quickly so we're watching it with envy at the moment!!
Can I ask how much the basic Harvard 27 is? After reading your posts I checked out the plans which I like a LOT - but can't find an approx. price??
Hi cazoraz,

Last time i saw the price for the Harvard it was arond $159k, but this could have changed since then.

Quick update for everyone on my Harvard... we have been painted!!!!
All that's left to go now is the tiles, carpets and final fit off (appliances, door handles etc..) so we're hoping to have settlement next month which is a month earlier than expected and I am so excited!!!!!

Here's a few photos (as promised a while ago) of our facade prior to the acid wash (Estate without render and stones) and also our kitchen, laundry and ensuite

We widened our garage by 1.2m so that's why there is a wider wall on the front here

Kitchen

Laundry

Ensuite

Bathroom
cazoraz
Can I ask how much the basic Harvard 27 is? After reading your posts I checked out the plans which I like a LOT - but can't find an approx. price??

Hi again Cazoraz,

I just found the current price for the Harvard advertised in the Herald Sun Home magazine, it's $162,400 base price. I was a little bit off, but pretty close!
Hi Kylie!

Its great to see that your house has been painted! Last time I heard you are only at lock up. So its definitely has been running along smoothly!!!

I like the colours of your kitchen and laundry! Cant wait to see your stainless cooktop to go in!

Can I ask what is the colour of your benchtop and cabinet in your kitchen?

Stephen
Hey Stephen!!

Yes the house is coming along very fast, painting was finished yesterday and now they're about to do the tiling!!

The colours we used are:

Kitchen and Laundry
Cupdboards: Parbury Panelart 'Chocolatte'
Benchtops: Parbury Wilsonart 'Desert Zephyr'

Ensuite and Bathroom
Cupboards: Parbury Panelart 'Antique White'
Benchtops: Parbury Wilsonart 'Shadow Silky'

If you want to know any of the other colours we used throughout the house just let me know
sparkycarla
Hi,
We are building with DFH too. We have chosen the Lancaster new one. We were going with the harvard, but a new promo came out saving us $20k. Ours is for investment, so we did not want to spend too much.

Where you building?

We r in the west of Melb.

Keep me posted and i will do the same!

By memory, the Harvard is the same as another hous in the DFH range. Ask your sales consultant, cause you can see it still.

Sparklycarla - what promo did you get that saves you so much??? Is it still available?
Hello is anyone building the Dennis homes Harvard 27 and has upgraded the pantry
Hi Guys,
For the titled land, how long generally does it take from initial deposit to commence the construction with dfh ? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Related
2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum