Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MaxyB Family Home- We have Moved In + pics

Page 13 of 14
Wow what a win with the bank! Yay!

We won't get out cheque til next week. Builder doesn't mind.
Yay 1 more sleep MaxyB!!

I am so glad everything is going to plan for you and I hope your move goes smoothly as you have planned.
Well the painters were at our place on Wednesday and not yesterday so perhaps they were fixing your door? I hope so

Cant wait to see photos of your house fully completed and I really hope you and Mrs B and kids enjoy your beautiful new home! Bye for now...

Kel
GOODLUCK MaxyB. All the best. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Good Luck!!!!!!
HI MaxyB,

Your house is looking awesome!! Hope your move is going to plan!

Can you tell me who you got your bamboo floors from and what price were they installed? I am looking into bamboo and the only thing that is putting me off is that they can't go in until last and the skirtings will have to be removed to fit them. Can you tell me what the process was? Do the skirtings need to be re-painted?

Cheers
Michelle
Hey MaxyB you still alive? How painful was the move? Looking forward to seeing more photos of your completed home.
The move was the worst thing I have ever done I think.
We are finally in our home
with only the pictures to be hung and the inside would have been done. We can already fit one car in the garage and by the end of the week both cars will be locked away safe & warm, not a bad effort in a week.

Handover went very smoothly and the only things to be done were very minor and I am only waiting on the outside windows to be cleaned as the Construction Manager wasn’t happy.

I must say I have been very happy with my builder and in particular my Construction Manager Adrian
. His standards are very high and considering some of the horror stories I have heard my builder has been a dream to deal with.

My planning worked a treat and everything I ordered arrived on time or early, well nearly everything, I still don’t have foxtel, it would appear that Telstra needed longer than the 2 months I gave them
. It has taken numerous phone calls, an official complaint, which they have not called me back on and in the end I called foxtel to get the install done and I will transfer later on.

Fair dinkum Telstra are an ordinary mob when it comes to customer service and if I could get adsl and other providers had their network coverage I would not be a customer of theirs in a pink fit. They think they are losing customers because of people moving away from fixed lines, I can tell you it’s because their service is so far down the sewer I am not sure they could ever improve. If you won shares dump them because the service I have received means they are on a downward spiral to oblivion

I would also like to acknowledge all our family & friends
that helped us over the weekend, without their support and hours of toil we could have hoped to un pack as many boxes, build a fence & a gate and we certainly would have gone nuts with our kids snapping at our heels while running around.

Also a big thankyou to
MrsB's parents
who put up with all 5 of us for 5 and a bit months, thier support was amazing and we couldn't have done this without them

The kids love their new home and it was like Christmas with all thier old toys coming out of storage so apart from being skint that we will be left with a mud pile and no dishwasher for months we couldn’t be happier

Below are some photos taken early on Saturday morning before the removalists arrived.

As usual there are even more photos on my blog
Beautiful

*** Congratulations ***
shellb78
HI MaxyB,

Your house is looking awesome!! Hope your move is going to plan!

Can you tell me who you got your bamboo floors from and what price were they installed? I am looking into bamboo and the only thing that is putting me off is that they can't go in until last and the skirtings will have to be removed to fit them. Can you tell me what the process was? Do the skirtings need to be re-painted?

Cheers
Michelle

It cost us $750 over the cost of tassie oak & I must say it was worth it. Because they are prefinished boards they go in last so as not to be damaged. Our skirting was in and they just added a bamboo skirting which is a nice look I must say. We or should I say I scratched a board on Saturday during the move, lucky a couch is now covering it, but scratches will happen.

Dollar
Hey MaxyB you still alive? How painful was the move? Looking forward to seeing more photos of your completed home.
The move was the worst thing I have ever done I think.

Yes I am still alive, just

The move went well and thanks to you all who wished me luck it all went like it chould, well except for Telstra

I have posted more photos on my blog, I will now check your out Dollar
Rowena
Beautiful

*** Congratulations ***

Thanks Rowena, we are very happy and it already feels as if we have been here for months

Congrats on your DREAMY new house I just love how it all looks, those floors are just
!!!!!!!

Enjoy the house.

Yay MaxyB you're alive! lol. Nice photos too. Your home looks beautiful and you have done soooo much already.
We can only fit one car in the garage at the moment too but hopefully we will have all that sorted shortly. Lounge and dining and kitchen almost set up completely. MBR still need bedside tables but still haven't come across any decent ones at a reasonable price.
As for my blog I haven't updated in ages but will once I find the memory stick.
Loving that kitcheñ!
Dollar
Yay MaxyB you're alive! lol. Nice photos too. Your home looks beautiful and you have done soooo much already.
We can only fit one car in the garage at the moment too but hopefully we will have all that sorted shortly. Lounge and dining and kitchen almost set up completely. MBR still need bedside tables but still haven't come across any decent ones at a reasonable price.
As for my blog I haven't updated in ages but will once I find the memory stick.

Thanks Dollar, dont stress about your blog too much, mind you I am keen to see some photos.
We were lucky as we only needed to buy a new couch & entertainment unit, the rest is our old furniture
Deemaree
Loving that kitcheñ!

Thanks Deemaree, we love it also, so much cupboard space compared to our old kitchen and if MrsB or myself are cooking we are not shut out from whats going on
Fitzy5
::party::

Congrats on your DREAMY new house I just love how it all looks, those floors are just
!!!!!!!

Enjoy the house.

Thanks Fitzy, we are enjoying the house and we do love the boards, especially when the kids spill drinks or their dinner, so easy to clean up
Maxyb, it's gorgeous!
I know exactly what you mean about being skint.
Never mind, patience is a virtue....I'm still waiting for my new couch, new bed, and various other things. There are so many demands on your wallet, you just have to prioritise them and DIY whatever you can.

I love your flush panel bifolds - very unobtrusive!
Wow MaxyB!

I love it! and you must be sooooo happy now it is over!

See that last little bit didnt take that long hey? Maybe I am just trying to convince myself here as I only have 4 weeks to go now

And in my case I actually worry they cant get everything done in time! They are still painting at the moment.... Oh well it gets done in the end and your place is proof of that! And it looks fantastic! Love those floors!

Enjoy!

Kel
We only brought a new couch and new bed and mattress. I still want a particular buffet table I have had my eye on and also a chest of drawers. We need fences 1st before those kinda things.
kek
Maxyb, it's gorgeous!
I know exactly what you mean about being skint.
Never mind, patience is a virtue....I'm still waiting for my new couch, new bed, and various other things. There are so many demands on your wallet, you just have to prioritise them and DIY whatever you can.

I love your flush panel bifolds - very unobtrusive!

Thanks Kek, we love our bi-folds also. The funny thing is our kids have not noticed them and they always used to play with them in the display
so we are extra happy with that.

All I need for inside is a dishwasher and I will get one, it will just be in a month or so. We have a little bit to do outside and where I can I do the work. Today me and MrsB's dad were building a retaining wall, hard work on clay but we are getting there

Kelly_girl
Wow MaxyB!

I love it! and you must be sooooo happy now it is over!

See that last little bit didnt take that long hey? Maybe I am just trying to convince myself here as I only have 4 weeks to go now

And in my case I actually worry they cant get everything done in time! They are still painting at the moment.... Oh well it gets done in the end and your place is proof of that! And it looks fantastic! Love those floors!

Enjoy!

Kel

Thanks Kel, we are very happy and we do like the finish. I wouldnt worry too much I am sure they will finish when they said they would and 4 weeks is still a fair bit of time. Just keep asking if the handover date still stands !!

I am still waiting on my driveway getting sealed but that is more to do with weather as they need a couple of clear days so the sealer can dry.

I am sure it will all work out

Dollar
We only brought a new couch and new bed and mattress. I still want a particular buffet table I have had my eye on and also a chest of drawers. We need fences 1st before those kinda things.

We didnt need to much furniture but I probably went over borad on the home entertainment setup, but in six months time when we are on an even keel again it will all be worth it, I love my new telly, I never knew there are some programs that can be too small for your screen

Keep looking for your bargains and maybe try ebay as thats where I found my entetainment unit, cholocalte wood is the company and they were really good. If you like timber stuff they have a good range
I am still looking out for that "bargain". I love layby options as once you have it you know you no longer owe a cent.

Thanks for the info re:furniture.
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum