Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MaxyB Family Home- We have Moved In + pics

Page 12 of 14
Handover Maxyb is next Friday as far as I know. Cleaners go in next week for a couple of days. Driveway started to get done yesterday so it should go in today. Tomorrow was meant to be handover but it was never official and just an estimated date about a month ago.
Dollar
Handover Maxyb is next Friday as far as I know. Cleaners go in next week for a couple of days. Driveway started to get done yesterday so it should go in today. Tomorrow was meant to be handover but it was never official and just an estimated date about a month ago.

Fair enough

I just spoke with my bank and even though I faxed the forms yesterday they say it could be another 10 working days

Needless to say I wont accept that and they will now be getting a call at 10am & 4pm every day until I get the cheque
Ring them daily. We haven't got the final invoice yet. I spent hours trying to organise insurance though.
I'm tackling insurance next week

I was talking to someone at work and they said their bank got it done in fairly quick time but he had to hassel them.

I will ring them this afternoon and see if they have booked in the valuation and then I will call tomorrow to see if the have the report.

My bank manager doesnt appear to keen to push this so if nothings happened by Tuesday arvo I will start to crack the **** major and threaten to pull my business etc

I would chase up your final invoice if you need a bank cheque by late next week, you dont want another delay
So I take it the final cheque doesnt work like the other ones then?

I must admit this is where I am most lucky cos my mum works at CBA and her friend at work is managing our loan so there should be no dramas. All the bank stuff has gone absolutely perfect for me so far....
Good luck with it anyway. I am sure if you call them enough they will get sick of it and then make it happen

Kel
Kelly_girl
So I take it the final cheque doesnt work like the other ones then?

I must admit this is where I am most lucky cos my mum works at CBA and her friend at work is managing our loan so there should be no dramas. All the bank stuff has gone absolutely perfect for me so far....
Good luck with it anyway. I am sure if you call them enough they will get sick of it and then make it happen

Kel

I work for a bank but not the one I am building my home with
its a long story

I have spoken with my bank manager who has been great but I didnt find his attitude on my dliema all that helpfull.

A person I work with knows someone in the serviceing department of the bank I am waiting on but she said she would wait until Tuesday before calling in a favour, which is fair enough.

All I can do is continually ring in the hope I can get my case escalated and processed quickly
Hi Maxyb,

I must say your place is looking great! You must be SOOO excited

Was wondering if your garage door is the standard with our builder? I have seen some like yours, and others with rectangles/sqaures etc on them. So far, in my selection sheets have not seen such a choice for "upgrades". My garage door is going to be a similar colour to yours! Did you have a choice of "style'?

Goo luck with the cheque. I have my fingers crossed for you

Katie
kjohns
Hi Maxyb,

Was wondering if your garage door is the standard with our builder? I have seen some like yours, and others with rectangles/sqaures etc on them. So far, in my selection sheets have not seen such a choice for "upgrades". My garage door is going to be a similar colour to yours! Did you have a choice of "style'?

Katie

Hi Katie,

Sorry to but in Maxyb but I did the upgrade here.

The ones with the squares/rectangles are known as "sectional panel" doors and this is an upgrade. I am going for the sectional panel in the rectangle shape in classic cream color which is exactly the same door they just put on Abbey's place! If you want to upgrade you will have to tell them as they will just give you the standard in the color of your choice and I think from memory it was about $750 but I could be wrong. Wouldnt believe it would be much more or I wouldnt have done it. After I advised I would go ahead the builder mailed me a catalouge with 2 to choose from - Squares or rectangle.
Hope that helps and if you want I can look up the proper price for you and PM it to you

Kel
kjohns
Hi Maxyb,

Katie

Hi Katie, thanks and yes I cant wait to handover, this time next week

Our garage door profile is the standard, you have to ask for different styles and upgrade costs.

I rang the bank this morning and my valuation is booked in and the guy on the phone said we should have the cheque no worries by Thursday next week, which totally contradicted the other staff I spoke to

I will just have to keep praying I get the cheque on time

I do have a backup plan though but the bank should pull its finger out and get its job done
Oh Maxyb did you ring your bank at 1600hrs today? Long weekend and all just to slow things down further.
I rang our bank today. I have been extremely impressed with their service. Cannot fault them yet. Told her handover is expected next Friday and she asked if we had checked over the house to see if we were happy. Informed her there was a couple of things not yet completed but she is arranging inspection next week and happy to get cheques etc organised now. Our builder has been excellent, flexible and contactable all times. Helps knowing them.

I can only hope your bank hurrys up and follows suit.
Dollar
Oh Maxyb did you ring your bank at 1600hrs today? Long weekend and all just to slow things down further.
I rang our bank today. I have been extremely impressed with their service. Cannot fault them yet. Told her handover is expected next Friday and she asked if we had checked over the house to see if we were happy. Informed her there was a couple of things not yet completed but she is arranging inspection next week and happy to get cheques etc organised now. Our builder has been excellent, flexible and contactable all times. Helps knowing them.

I can only hope your bank hurrys up and follows suit.

No I left it alone Friday arvo, they had booked the valuation, so I will wait until Tuesday.
My builder has been OK and up to now I have been impressed with my bank but I must say I am getting a good offer from my work so I might become a loyal employee once the dust settles on our new place.
Fair enough. Good things come to those who wait.
Dollar
Fair enough. Good things come to those who wait.

I am still waiting, the bank didnt come through today but I have started preperations for my backup plan. Hopefully murphy's law dictates it wont be needed

ON a brighter note my builder said everything should be finished by Thursday which is great news. The only doubtful thing is the cut & sealing of our driveway, we need the rain to stop, just for a few days, so I guess there is something else to pray for

Anyway, we get our keys at 11am on Friday

3 Sleeps To Go
OMG MaxyB we get the "keys" Friday too! It may be late Friday but it'll be Friday. We've had the privilege of having keys throughout the entire build so we have seen things get down stage by stage.
We won't officially be moving in until Saturday. As for the driveway-this got started today and they are coming back tomorrow! It's so exciting isn't it! I'm planning on having a bath the 1st night we are in. Probably get take-away too or maybe even go out for dinner if we can be stuffed.

I want our new furniture in now!...and the blinds and curtains. Ooohh it's going to be fun decorating.
FRIDAY???!!!! fantastc
PS- LOOOOVVVVEEEE your front door and sidelight, wooootwhooooo!!!
Love all of it, but just a little extra mention about the front door, what fabulous job you have done, it's gorgeous. (sorry accidently hit submit before I finished typing...)
HAve a great weekend in your NEW house!
Dollar
OMG MaxyB we get the "keys" Friday too! It may be late Friday but it'll be Friday. We've had the privilege of having keys throughout the entire build so we have seen things get down stage by stage.
We won't officially be moving in until Saturday. As for the driveway-this got started today and they are coming back tomorrow! It's so exciting isn't it! I'm planning on having a bath the 1st night we are in. Probably get take-away too or maybe even go out for dinner if we can be stuffed.

I want our new furniture in now!...and the blinds and curtains. Ooohh it's going to be fun decorating.

We dont move in until saturday also, our shipping container arrives at 7:30am, followed by the "blind" guy, the JB-HiFi guy, the Jims antenna guy, the Frogs Sofas guy and hopefully the entertainment unit guy
there is quite a lot planned for the next few days but I am sure, just like you I say bring it on, this is what I have been waiting for

themax
PS- LOOOOVVVVEEEE your front door and sidelight, wooootwhooooo!!!
Love all of it, but just a little extra mention about the front door, what fabulous job you have done, it's gorgeous. (sorry accidently hit submit before I finished typing...)

Thanks Max

We love the door also
, but it will look better when its all the same colour as requested, gotta love a fancy front door, just like yours themax

Deemaree
HAve a great weekend in your NEW house!

Thanks, it will be a full on weekend but well worth it
Well my praying
consistent badgering of the bank paid off and I can pick up the cheque at 10:30 Thursday moring, a full 24 hours before handover

Now all we need is the builder to complete everything on my list, which I know they have done 80% and I have no doubts the other 20% will be done and we can move in

2 MORE SLEEPS
MaxyB 2 sleeps or sleepless nights to go! I start work at 8 tomorrow. Eek. I'm starting to get really nervous. How ridiculous. I can't say emotionally how I feel. It's been a roller coaster ride.
Wow-you are organised. We were a bit late on ordering the blinds so our home is going to look pretty shabby with sheets or newspaper for a couple of weeks until they arrive. I brought some new towels recently-love towels. Can never have enough.

I wish you all the best and hope everything goes according to plan if I don't see you on here. Happy moving.

NB: Remember good lifting techniques. Keep yourself hydrated too.
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum