Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coffered Ceiling - 'to Cornice' or 'Not to Cornice'

Page 1 of 1
We're thinking of having coffered ceilings and bulkhead type things in our foyer and theatre room.

Does anybody have pictures of their coffered ceilings to show off? If so I'd love to see them. Did you have cornices installed, or did you just have the sharp edges of the gyprocky type stuff?

Thanks!
Hi Jodge,

This is mine in my entrance hall (past the other bulkhead!), and about the best pic I have of it. They will remain square set with no cornice.

It's now painted, but I can't get in to take any more pics for another week! Once they are finished there will be 1 french style lantern hanging in the middle (eventually). Some people have downlights in the bulkheads either side and that looks fabulous!

I guess it depends on what type of house you are having. If it's traditional, then you could put decorative cornice in them, but if it's modern, it's probably better to keep them square set.

Don't forget to check here for inspiration!: http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=e ... 2&aq=f&oq=
oh crikey! Coffered ceilings galore!!!! I'm INSPIRED! Thanks Stormy. We're trying to minimalise downlights as we're not too fond of them so we'll probably go for something nice in the middle instead, like with yours. But for a few months at least, I'm sure we'll just have a light globe up there!
Hi Jodge

We have this in the upstairs living area. We have gone for the squareset and no cornices.
We dont have downlights either in this area, Instead would have one centre light fitting
We have seen houses with cornices in the coffered ceiling but we liked the clean lines of the square set

Related
16/03/2024
Crooked wall or cornice?

Building A New House

The photo is not really clear but to me it looks like twist in the cornice. Slight anticlockwise rotation at the top of the cornice and slightly clockwise at bottom should…

17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

28/06/2023
Leaks on ceiling

General Discussion

There is water getting into the ceiling, I expected to find some holes in the corrugated roof but there weren't any so I suspect that the roof drip edge is letting water…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum