Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Annietom's - NEW PICS of our MINI GOLF put put area

Page 1 of 8
BUILD IS NOW FINISHED.

See post by me dated 6 Nov 2009!

Official start date was on 22 June 2009.

I'll load a couple of pics so far, and add to this thread as we go through the motions.

I'm actually very excited because I noticed a few of the forumers have recently commenced building at about my stage, including Joles, and this is a great comparative thread to check my builders are on the ball - so to speak!

NECESSARY INFO:

Building: Tarneit, Vic
With: Nava Homes (12/08 deposit)
House: Custom design
Size: 32sq (single)
Land: 615sqm (court)
Land settled: Feb 2009
Contract: Final sign off on plans etc 4/09 (I think, we made alterations at the last minute)
Finish date: Contract says 9mths! That's not what our rep told us, so I have reminded him what 5mths means, and he has assured me that it will be 5mths (it better be!!!)

ACTUAL FINISH DATE (handover of keys) 6 Nov 2009 - 4.5 months build time!!!

MORE INFO to come when I can think of it!!!

ANNIE

I went by the site today, wishful thinking I know! and nothing had been done since 4 July. When I last spoke with Nava on last Friday 3 July, the lady told me the frame would be up in two weeks. I've made the full first payment (as I had to do this because the valuation came in low on our build, we had to cover first payment!!!) so I'm hoping something may have been done by this weekend when we visit! Still wishful thinking you say, yes, you may be right!!!

fingers crossed!
A
Congrats annie, looking really good.

The fun starts now

How exciting Annie for you to finally start! Lets hope they get that frame up quickly, but at least you have a slab so the 5 months countdown begins

Mrs B
congrat annie... it'll be interesting watching your building progress as we're thinking building with them as well...

any advice from experience ?
Wooohooo!
This was extremely **
... not to inform of progress... then suddenly a slab!!!

Congrats Annie... it's fun isn't it to walk around on your very own slab! Look at your DH!!!

It will be interesting to see how our respective homes progress.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you know our slab went down on the 2nd too...the race is on
Congrats on starting and having the slab down

Don't worry about the room sizes at this stage, it always looks very small when it's just the slab. I used to worry about the size of our rumpus room. But I walked in there today (it is now painted) and thought "wow this room looks huge"

Looking forward to following the rest of your build
thanks guys, and hels I think you are right about the size of the rooms, although, they looked small to me too, and I'm an optimist!

and joles, although I am a bit **, I did disclose my situation in code in your thread, and essentially, it had nothing to do with sneakiness, actually, have you heard about laziness? that would be it!!!

haha
Congrats Annie on the slab! As others have said, don't worry about the areas looking small on the slab, it always looks heaps smaller than it really is, we thought the same about some of our rooms but now they feel huge. I bet you can't wait to see your frame. We are building a custom build so I know how good it was to actually be able to walk through the rooms for the 1st time in real life after months of seeing them on paper and hoping it all works without having had a display home to walk through. I'll look forward to seeing a floorplan soon.
Annietom
and joles, although I am a bit **, I did disclose my situation in code in your thread, and essentially, it had nothing to do with sneakiness, actually, have you heard about laziness? that would be it!!!

haha

Code is not pics Annie... we only understand pics!
thanks guys, and I know what you mean about walk around my design (as there is no display home), can't wait!
YAY!!! you are finally on your way...and boy look how much you have kept us in the dark about unitl now!!

Your block and slab look fabulous.....you must be elated to finally get this build off and running! Looking forward to seeing the frame....hope you don't keep us hanging!

Oh! and welcome to the "my rooms look small" at slab stage club
....apparantly once the plaster goes up they'll look bigger. Give me until next week and l'll be able to confirm this myself!
yes I actually went down there today, and me and me neighbour were wandering around the slab (with our kids around our ankles - as you do!) and she said the same thing about the plaster going up. Also I noted they had chalked out the wall alignments for the frame to come, obviously we are anticipating that act each day - hopefully by end of next week, which is what Nava said it would be!

But it helped a bit with the lines drawn out, but I think you are right, I need walls, ideally plaster. I still stand in the home theatre (4m x 5m) and say - "oh no, this is not big enough" (as I look over to the garage and say "now that's a home theatre size"), and then I go into the study and say "well this is huge"... so obviously I'm a bit off-balance with some things in life, like depth perception!!! haha
l have to drag my kiddo's to go see the house....they are truly not interested (they are probably sick to death of hearing about it quite frankly!

The "it's too small" perception only increases when the frame goes up l reckon, so don't stress yourself even more if this turns out to be the case for you too. The only room l have no worry with the size is my Rumpus (it is huge even at this stage), the rest l'm still iffy on and yes the HT room is my biggest concern. I just have to keep reminding myself to "wait for the plaster, just wait for the plaster"

Sounds like your frame delivery is not too far away! tomorrow perhaps?
I was wondering as to what had happened to you

Congrats on the slab and finally getting started
hey tillie!!! yes, they chalked out where the frame goes a couple of days ago, so maybe when we visit over the weekend, there might be something there... then again...
Congrats Annietom's slab looks great and look forward to seeing your updates
thanks thclo! I went there today and nothing has happened in nearly two weeks now, and I'm like "where's the effin frame! They should be effin plastering!!!" lol

Well I think the wall frame is now complete.

We went out there today and had a walk through, very windy, very cold, but quite sunny! Naturally I was armed with my camera...

We've been advised by Nava that the trusses will be in by next Tues, and the downpipes etc will be in by next Friday. That sounds good to us!

[b]If you are interested, there is heaps of pics on my blog!
Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

14/04/2024
Anyone recently put in a new shower with bench seat?

Bathrooms and Laundry

I’m loving the potential versatility and practicality of a bench seat in a shower. Anyone had one of these done recently? Not sure if they are straight forward and easy…

1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum