Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Starr Constructions in Sydney

Page 1 of 1
Hi
has anyone had any dealings or comments with Starr Constructions.
Many thanks
Hi Mike,
We are currently looking for a custom builder at the moment and Starr Constructions is on our list. Very interested to find out what do you think of them so far ? Are you happy with the service ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi
We are almost at lock up with them. Its been a long journey thru the planning and council stages. Then the weather was bad... All in all a good company. Professional and enthusiastic... but definitely more expensive!
Do your homework and you will be ok, I found there are alot of extra costs even after tender. Sometimes with a project home WYSIWYG. Therefore choices are easier.
We are building on a difficult block and unforseen costs kept happening.
Good luck, let me know if you want any more advice...
Hi,
Wow, that's a quick response and advice.... Thanks.
Sounds like most of your hard work is done and you must be getting excited.
We love to know what were the main drivers to selecting this builder instead of the others... any information and advice helps.

Thanks again.
Hi
How did you go, have you made any decision on a builder yet?
No, not yet ... still looking.
I have them on my list also, keen to hear what type of hidden costs you came up with Dunno. Where was your build? There is one underway at the moment near us at Picnic Point.
Would you mind to tell us whereabout is it at Picnic Point ? .... Thanks
Dreamer, it is at 584 (or near enough) Henry Lawson Drive Picnic Point. Not at lockup yet, but getting close. combination of brick and render. suspended slab, flat roof.
Thanks for the info .... It sounds like a contemporary house. Will take a look at it when we are around the area.
Anybody thinking of building with Starr can contact me or Re-consider!
Hi Dunno,

Just wondering why - re consider? We have almost finished building our home with Starr Constructions in the North Shore area, and so far everything has gone smoothly. Friends have told us that building was hard & a bit of a night mare, but we have found it to be very pleasurable. They even helped us with some really great ideas & changes to our design during building. Is there something coming up that we should know about?
Hi tsmith 1951

I moved into my Starr Constructions home (Brighton-Le-Sands area) 6 months ago and also found they were very easy to communicate with. It was the 1st time I built so I had many questions and I found that I could call them to ask these questions after hours or weekends and they were more than happy to help. I don’t think that something is going to come up at the end as I am still in contact with them as they are assisting me with a few extra items I have now decided to go ahead with and they are happy to help me without hesitation.
Hi,

I am building my house in Leichhardt council with Starr Construction at the moment. I did not go directly with Starr but through a company called New Beautiful homes. I think this company does the design and DA for Starr (dont know I could get cheaper tender if go directly with Starr?). I really want to know about your building experience with Starr. Does the final cost varied much with the tender? How is the quality compare with project builder? Are they on time and good communication? Are they flexible and helpful? The tender I got from them is nearly double with the one I got from the project builder. Is it reasonable? This is my first time to build a house so a bit worried.

Thanks
Hi tuan251098,

I built with Starr Constructions and just thought Id give you some feedback..mainly because I was really happy with how they built my home and the whole process..I was expecting lots of ups and downs because my brother built with someone else and he did have issues...thankfully however..probably because they are smaller I found everyone really helpful along the way...and they either emailed me or called to keep in touch..the most painful part I reckon is the approval process what a pain!When we actually started to build, I found Nino and Jon were good. I sometimes found it hard to visualise the plans as they were Custom designed and one of them would meet me occasionally on site to explain things, after a while I became more relaxed which was good, they even picked up some things for me that I wasn't aware of and adjusted it on site.Because I knew I would want some better things included, like upgrading my appliances, odds and ends I expected Variations along the way . The consultant told me to budget for anything extra and he made sure what I asked for was included in the tender..and the guys at Starr did inform me in advance so I was able to let them know which ones I agreed to upgrade and got rid of the ones that I didn't really need.By the way, my bother was building at the same time through a project builder, and he wasn't allowed to change things in construction and the detail really wasn't anything like my place, his painting was bad, and the tiling in my place was also really good...I think because Starr being smaller I got a lot of attention and they just take more time with things.. I think it comes down to the old saying "you get what you pay for" ...The main issues for me was time..approval takes time and the rain delayed works and I had to wait for the ground to dry up so they could start again, I didn’t help by changing things midway & during construction but it was worth it in the end now...my friends and family notice the difference between my place and my brothers..and I got exactly what I wanted not what I was given..anyway hope this helps they are good to build with so if you build with them you'll have a nice place in the end..the hard work is worth it once you settle in..
Hi all, we’re seriously considering Starr Constructions and was wondering if any of you are still on the forum and able to provide any further insight now that your builds are hopefully all well and truely over? Did you come across any issues, any tips on working with Starr? Any watch outs? Thanks!
Jacks
Hi all, we’re seriously considering Starr Constructions and was wondering if any of you are still on the forum and able to provide any further insight now that your builds are hopefully all well and truely over? Did you come across any issues, any tips on working with Starr? Any watch outs? Thanks!

Did you end up with Starr??
We built 9 years ago with them and overall very happy
They are honest and flexible and help you to save money where you can
Came up with some better ideas and variations too

Have had some minor issues over years but to there credit they still came and fixed them up
Easy to deal with and honest

We would use them again and their tender on an architectural designed complex home was cheaper than 80 % of others we tendered with
snandans
Jacks

Did you end up with Starr??

are you considering Starr?
Related
21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

8/06/2023
Small builders in Western Sydney (NSW)

Building A New House

Hi all, We are looking to build a new two storey house in western Sydney. Can anyone recommend a smallish builder to go with? We are trying to stay away from the big…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum