Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GO AWAY RAIN

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Forgive me, just need to rant - I was meant to get a slab this week and its not likely to happen because of all the rain - I simply wish to say 'rain rain go away come again another day'

I'm sure all of you who are too waiting for there slab understand my frustration this week
so just letting you all know I feel for you too!

ohh well thats melbourne weather for you I guess....
Oh we've had it so dry here until this last week and now soft steady rain intermittently for several days, doing wonders for my young lawn and garden plants

not sure you want to hear that

hope you get your slab laid soon
forgive me for what I am about to say...
I have a day off because of the rain

But understand your plight.
I never order concrete less than 2 days after the fulll moon

and sometimes the new moon too
( I am quite familiar with moon phases)
I'm supposed to be starting as well. But honestly, after two years of waiting and dramas and delays for no good bloody reason, I don't mind being held up by the rain. We need it.
Lets do a GO AWAY RAIN DANCE
Hey Tarin - please confine your dance to eastern states
Yeh no worries...
My day is planned

So lets
my slab is booked for Friday... I doubt it's gonna happen, but we do need the rain, but why this week?!?!
My guess is you will be right friday
and (concrete) curing rain on saturday-mon.
Good luck L
removed
I love the rain, and even though my site is a boggy mess, I can't complain. The brickies worked through the rain in April, and today in between showers the roof tiles on the garage magically appeared!! I am very impressed!! The rain has delayed my rendering, but as long as it goes on sometime between now and handover, I'm happy!
I've had no action on my block for over a week now and with the rain forecasted for Melbourne this week, I'm doubting my gutters, fascias or wrapping will be done
GRRR!!
Hi Lisanne,

I understand your frustration trust me - we still don't have a slab almost six weeks later
[quote="bec_e"]Hi Lisanne,

I understand your frustration trust me - we still don't have a slab almost six weeks later
/quote]

Wow!! Why not??
onc_artisan
Good luck L

Hi Lisanne did you get you're slab in the other day?
onc_artisan
onc_artisan
Good luck L

Hi Lisanne did you get you're slab in the other day?

Sure did, I've now got a frame, roof trusses, plumbing and gutters!
Sweet
Not sure was a slow start then rain delayed us for a while then we had 40 metres of rock apparently...fingers crossed for this week if the weather holds up!
i'm worried about our frame too. It's sitting out in the rain!! No roof yet...
Related
11/11/2023
Slab fall away

Landscape & Garden Design

I've got a challenge here. Background is the builder has cut too deep for the slab and the slab is now below the very substantial retaining wall. It's failed occupancy…

23/04/2024
Tiling a Balcony with Fall Away from House

General Discussion

AS4654.2-2012 External Membranes it is "Informative" but if you get water ingress your insurance assessor will go to this straight away and if not achieved, they will deny…

24/07/2023
EPDM Deck liners or trex rain escape

General Discussion

Hi, does anyone have any experience with using Trex rain escape or EPDM rubber to waterproof a deck so you have dry space underneath. Popular in the US and realize that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum