Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dreamhome Post Handover - Bricks turning green again!

Page 12 of 12
Wow DH!!!

your house is beautiful!!
Deemaree
That is gorgeous!!!!

Thanks Deemaree
shonzilla
Wow DH!!!

your house is beautiful!!

Thanks for the kind words shonzilla
Your house is absolutely beautiful. I love the shelf in the ensuite shower.
EVERYTHING is just beautiful!!!
A definite dreamhome indeed
Love the transluscent galss on door and sidelights, love the timber frame window and ofcourse the timber floor! May I ask what colour the floor is?
Wow, I love it!!!!!

You have done a gr8 job, I'm a big fan of the stackstone at the front of the house.
Oh wow, your house is amazing!! SO nice. I don't even know what to comment on, because it is all so lovely
wow beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont mind to share the type of timber floor you used....

tks
Gorgeous home. Love your front entry....
Pictures!! Yay...

Just lovely...congratulations!!
House looks gorgeous dreamhome! Love the ensuite
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. We're glad it turned out ok and our colour choices blended well together.

The timber floors are Trueloc floors in Forest Reds.
Most people tend to choose lighter timber floors so we were worried initially that it would turn out too dark but absolutely love them. They make the house look much warmer and love the variation in colour between the floor panels.
We've just had our driveway poured and we had an issue where the sealing guy came to spray the sealer but didn't tell us he was here so he applied the first coat of sealer without us opening the timber garage door!!!! Couldn't walk outside to check if he had accidently sprayed some of the sealer on our brand new garage door as we were told not to walk on it for 3 hours!!!!
You can understand how upset we were when we checked the garage door to find that some of the sealer had been sprayed on the bottom panel of the timber garage door. It is like a glossy varnish that we can't get off!!! it's not visible unless in the sun and the front of the house is where we get the afternoon sun!!! So it is very noticeable then! GRRRR DH will call concreter to tell him about this issue but i am worried they will either not fix it or try and fix it and make it worse. Does anyone know what i can use to remove dried driveway sealer from my timber garage door without damaging it?
Hi all,

We've been slowly settling into the new house, just loving it more and more each day. Still have a couple of items that have not been fixed from before handover, can't believe it is dragging along. We've also had a couple of issues that we had not noticed until we moved in. For example, the windows in the master bedroom and WIR have a lot of draft coming in, after opening the windows, we realised that the rubber seals are missing! SS is calling the windows supplier.

On the weekend, i noticed that the bricks are turning green again, particularly on one section of the wall on the facade (which was the most affected during the build). It's driving me crazy, can't believe we have to go through this again! A month after handover, and it's turning green again!!! Grrr
I don't think i will ever stop regretting using those bricks.
Hi dreamhome,
we seem to have the same problem with bricks going green.. ours are chocolate brown but its still quite noticeable. Site supervisor and indep building inspector say its normal and theres nothing to be done. Did you have yours cleaned once before?
topaz
Hi dreamhome,
we seem to have the same problem with bricks going green.. ours are chocolate brown but its still quite noticeable. Site supervisor and indep building inspector say its normal and theres nothing to be done. Did you have yours cleaned once before?

Hi topaz,

Yes ours were cleaned several times before handover as the green wasn't going completely and then just before handover, it was cleaned with a stronger concentration of chlorine and the green came off. Since they used chlorine, some of the bricks have turned whitish, like when you bleach something. It has now been 1 month since we've moved in and the green is coming back. It is not normal for them to be green, it's vanadium staining. Our ss said that he's never had so much trouble getting the green off but also it strange how it keeps coming back!
Oh dreamhome, I'm so sad for you...
Actually, for both of us. Are you using Nougat? I hope you find a solution soon - so you can go and enjoying your beautiful house. Our bricks are so dirty at the moment, I just close my eyes and not include them in my photofest, hee hee
dearhouse
Oh dreamhome, I'm so sad for you...
Actually, for both of us. Are you using Nougat? I hope you find a solution soon - so you can go and enjoying your beautiful house. Our bricks are so dirty at the moment, I just close my eyes and not include them in my photofest, hee hee

Hi dearhouse, yes we are using Nougat. Been trying to get hold of my ss for the last 2 days but he is not picking up!
Related
23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum