Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Letterbox.. Help cant !

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I am trying to find a nice concrete letterbox .. and all in vain. I am located in western suburb of melourne - Williams Landing.

I went across to Bunnings but they have only 2 shades -light creme and black. My render color is 'earth kiss' which is more brownish.

Can some one pl guide me where I can buy some letter boxes. I went to one shop near bunnings and he quoted $ 370 for same one at bunnigs ($199) but brown color !!

Appreciate your help !
nonie
Hi All

I am trying to find a nice concrete letterbox .. and all in vain. I am located in western suburb of melourne - Williams Landing.

I went across to Bunnings but they have only 2 shades -light creme and black. My render color is 'earth kiss' which is more brownish.

Can some one pl guide me where I can buy some letter boxes. I went to one shop near bunnings and he quoted $ 370 for same one at bunnigs ($199) but brown color !!

Appreciate your help !

Get the light cream one and paint it the same as your render
Don't think you'll get one any cheaper than $199 !! The prices I've found to be around the $300 to $400 mark - ouch !!
Yep, I'd paint it too !
Hi lisanne, southies

thanks for your instant reponse !!

Can you advise what type if paint I should get for the concrete box - is there any special category of paint that should be used to give same feel as that of render ?

THanks again
nonie
Hi lisanne, southies

thanks for your instant reponse !!

Can you advise what type if paint I should get for the concrete box - is there any special category of paint that should be used to give same feel as that of render ?

THanks again

Dunno, I plan to find out what it is they paint the render with and use that - if that's normal or not I don't really know... If possible I may even try to be cheeky and get my letterbox and see if they will do it for me
I got mine from a place called Pots'N'Pots http://www.potsnpots.com.au/. It was only $100 as it had a small chip on the corner. From memory they only had cream and black but you can still paint them. They are in Sydney Rd. Coburg so might be a little bit out of your way but if you are in the area well worth dropping in and having a look around.
nonie
....Can you advise what type if paint I should get for the concrete box - is there any special category of paint that should be used to give same feel as that of render ?THanks again

Wouldn't have a clue, sorry nonie. Sounds like you'll be making a trip to bunnings for technical advice.
our builder uses this stuff called unitex render, they have left us 3 buckets of the stuff in the shades we chose. We plan on using that for the plain concrete letterbox. hopefully yours will leave you some too.
Hi All

I went around on the old Geelong road and after much hunting finally found one.

Its available at Greens nursery (very close to Bunnings) on opposite side. Great letterboxes - come in 4 pieces that could fit in my car boot. Plus the same render color -- yippeee . cost$240 .. not too bad i guess.

Ah. one less thing to worry abt
Related
18/05/2023
Help with insurance claim

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, long-time lurker but first time posting. I've bought a house 2 and a bit years ago and last year we had some major water damage on a converted pergola area…

29/05/2023
Concrete Perimeter Help and advice

Paving & Concreting

Yes, unless you are in a low intensity rainfall area or the area is protected from rain. Do you have access to NCC Part 2 or can you download it? I can email you a copy…

8/06/2023
Paint colour help please

General Discussion

Thankyou so much 😀 I've decided on White on white for doors and trims, White on white 50% on ceiling and Mt buller for walls. Fingers crossed it will look OK 😀

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum