Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Introducing the Stila BK1 - Verve (Plantation)

Page 9 of 9
Hope the move went well today and that you had good weather.
serge44
78xtc
WOW!!! those floors look AMAZING!!!!! very very jealous!! I knew I shouldve gone with wooden flooring!

Saw your stunning red curtains this arvo

OH NO!
That is the nanny's room - SHE chose them! In the morning her room looks like... well you know what I'm referring to
Hey Serge! A MASSIVE congratulations! You must be so excited on how everything turned out. The few pictures you've posted makes everything look so good. Well done

Have you got things like a driveway, extra soil etc yet? I'm a bit overwhelmed at where to start as there is still so much to do, to make the place liveable. We just had our handover on Friday as well and everything went pretty smoothly. There's still a few things left for the to fix but hopefully they'll be done soon.

Were there many things left for Plantation to fix in your house? I still cant actually believe we're both at past Handover now as it feels just like the other day we were discussing the NHP
lol
harribeka
Hi Serge,

I have a question about the laundry bench over the front loader. I am hoping you have this???

I know there are taps and a hole to connect the machine to but is there a place for the hose thingy to go to drain the machine. I panicked today when I saw the laundry trough installed and the hole was on top with no way to get the drain hose there?

Can you help me?

serge44
should be an inlet just below the trap just like there is with a dishwasher. will check it out for sure tomorrow.

where's the bang head emoticon? that's something I would have thought about if I wasn't thinking about other stuff (slaps forehead). good news though - get them onto it right now and they should be able to install the dishwasher P or S trap under the laundry basin. I bought one at bunnings for $5 today. also need to get an extension for the washing machine waste - won't reach the new fitting..... nothing too drastic but you'd reckon with the amount of top loaders being sold these days they'd have thought about under laundry tub plumbing fittings.....
Thanks Serge,

If you could get a photo when you can that would be great. Then hubby can go to Bunnings and look. We have a long hose for our front loader.

Thankyou for your help anyway. I am just trying to be prepared.

I do love to be a good housewife and spend my days in the laundry

Harribeka
Gester
Hey Serge! There's still a few things left for the to fix but hopefully they'll be done soon.

Were there many things left for Plantation to fix in your house?

Dont hold your breath! We've been in our place for nearly two months now and we are still waiting for basic things to be fixed (the painting being one of the major things!).
some minor things to be sorted out tomorrow. includes plumbing for washing machine but that is a 10 minute job to fix if I DIY. really nothing to it just inconvenient that foresight was not involved in the design process.

the carpet debacle is really sending me spare and if anyone has a spare hour or three to spare and isn't upset with a veritable barrage of expletives I can give you a abbridged version of events. will save full on rant for later when the carpets in and abso-freakin-lutely perfect. BP might have dropped by then but someone is not on the christmas card list.

driveway and side footpaths done in coloured concrete - photos coming when I find the camera. lawn being laid Wednesday and garden beds filled up with dirt. plants to come though and some idiot will spend his weekend on the end of a mattock and crowbar. I have a quote for a grand entrance deck (about 8m long) to the front door and there are 5 steps 1300 x 900 to the letterbox, and out the back with be a 7.4 x 7.0m deck - probably with ironbark as the deck. gate and letterbox to be made out of what's left of that lot. that is going to be done over the next few months though. hopefully the front deck is done before christmas so I can get my covenant bond back and get the 40" plasma for the missus
harribeka
Thanks Serge,

If you could get a photo when you can that would be great. Then hubby can go to Bunnings and look. We have a long hose for our front loader.

Thankyou for your help anyway. I am just trying to be prepared.

I do love to be a good housewife and spend my days in the laundry

Harribeka

fresh news Harribeka - after a week's rest from shifting boxes and such I finally have been able to bend my back and look below the shelf under the laundry tub and there is a fitting in the plumbing for the waste pipe from the washing machine to be connected. maybe do it tomorrow if other stuff doesn't occupy my Sunday
I didn't have the fitting
I didn't even have a hole from the washing machine to go under the bench. I had to drill into the side laminate of the laundry where the taps are
have fitting, have hole, have hose clamp, have no problem

but sliding doors and pantry doors were fitted without allowance for flooring. now floor is down doors don't fit. gimme the circular and watch me fix the problem in a hurry.
back live now folks and just have to find the camera to be able to upload the photos. I've got some blinds to put up and some minor sorter-outering but nothing drastic.

stay tuned
What brand model aircon did you get installed?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum