Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Rendition Homes

Page 11 of 11
Congrats Anna.....would LOVE to see some finished pics....so happy that you love it.
Rebecca
A bit quiet around here recently, where is everyone up to with their builds?

We just had our builders interview, at long last - contract was signed in August 2009. Finalising a few last details now, should be getting to site early-ish in the new year.
I am sooo happy that we are no longer with Rendition. They were appauling. Things are progressing so much better now.

I wish you well Spud but dont count your chickens!!!
Spud McDoug
A bit quiet around here recently, where is everyone up to with their builds?

We just had our builders interview, at long last - contract was signed in August 2009. Finalising a few last details now, should be getting to site early-ish in the new year.

Hey Spud,
Did you have any particular problems that held things up so long. ? We signed in April 09 ( not Ren )and moved in July this year. I remember at the time comparing notes on different things and from memory you were building in TP.
Mr. X
We had PCI today. All went smoothly, no major issues. Despite the wet weather over winter Rendition still managed to finish within 2 days of the scheduled PCI date (170 working days since slab pour). Thank heavens the whole process is almost over. Ask me in a couple of months if it was worth it.
x
Hey Spud,
Did you have any particular problems that held things up so long. ? We signed in April 09 ( not Ren )and moved in July this year. I remember at the time comparing notes on different things and from memory you were building in TP.
Mr. X

There were a few specific delays - it wasn't the easiest house to design (three levels, narrow sloping block) and there was several delays getting it through the ever-delightful Mitcham Council. Also another delay when the soil report came back as "one of the worst they had seen"... great, we didn't really need those $30k anyway.

So I'm not saying that any other company wouldn't have also had rather significant delays, with a gap of at least 18months between contract signing and getting to site, it hasn't felt like the most stream-lined process, to say the least.
Spud McDoug
x
Hey Spud,
Mr. X

There were a few specific delays - it wasn't the easiest house to design (three levels, narrow sloping block) and there was several delays getting it through the ever-delightful Mitcham Council. Also another delay when the soil report came back as "one of the worst they had seen"... great, we didn't really need those $30k anyway.

So I'm not saying that any other company wouldn't have also had rather significant delays, with a gap of at least 18months between contract signing and getting to site, it hasn't felt like the most stream-lined process, to say the least.

Fair enough, not your everyday spec home. If it's where I think it is I look forward to watching it's process. It does get quite exciting once they get to site. Good luck from here on in.
Hi Everyone,
I'm very new to the whole forum thing, but have been reading all of your posts and have found them very helpful. After much pondering my husband and I decided to go with Rendition to build our new home. We've signed the first lot of papers tonight and handed over the first lot of money so all very exciting but at the same time a little daunting having never built before. We've found the sales guy to be very helpful and about one of the only ones who has actually listened to what we want, so the design is nearly complete and I suppose we're on the waiting line like many others now! We have land at Nottage Rise so would love to chat with prospective 'neighbours' and everyone else going through this journey!
Just subscribed to this thread.........

We've given Rendition a copy of our (own design) plan and we'll see what they can do with it and what their costings are.

Are we REALLY still talking (at least) 18 months from contract signing as people seem to be saying ?

Cheers,

P_D
Pepsi_Drinker
Just subscribed to this thread.........

We've given Rendition a copy of our (own design) plan and we'll see what they can do with it and what their costings are.

Are we REALLY still talking (at least) 18 months from contract signing as people seem to be saying ?

Cheers,

P_D

Fingers crossed they develop your plans nice and quickly.
I wanted to build a two storey house. I had drawings of our my for downstairs and gave them free licence for upstairs (just give me 4 bedrooms and a rumpus). I had a detailed brief about our vision for the home.

Four weeks later I came back to have a look at what they had drawn up and was presented with a freehand drawing of my downstairs plan and an upstairs with 3 bedrooms and no rumpus?? No development or detail at all??

In the same period of time two other builders (who do not claim to be custom builders) took the same plans and brief and developed it significantly. One of them even managed to make 4-5 sets of changes and included a detailed price estimate with each version of the plan.

We are also being given about a 12 month timeline.

We are moving ahead with that builder........
Hey all,

Anyone else have any recent experiences with Rendition and build times?

Cheers
eurodono
Hey all,

Anyone else have any recent experiences with Rendition and build times?

Cheers

Posted in the other thread........

P_D
Hi Everyone, we are currently building with Rendition and it is very hard to get time frames out of them. Our brickwork was just completed so I am wondering how much longer it will be before we can move in. Guessing middle of May but who knows? How many weeks did Rendition take with everyone else???
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum