Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Costs to knock down and rebuild

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

We have a small 3 bedroom cottage style property in Newcastle. We really enjoy the area and are currently at completely renovating which in essence would mean that the frame would be pretty much the only thing not replaced over a number of years. We plan to resheet the walls, new weatherboards, roof, kitchen and bathroom. The property has had drainage issues and as such the piers (Sandstone blocks) have sunk and the house has some serious levelling problems. The issue we face is that there in les than a foot of clearance under the house making work on the piers difficult.

The property is 10m X 30m and has a rear lane access.

My question is would anyone know roughly what sort of costs would be involved in a knock down rebuild for such a narrow property? We had roughly looked at the cost of renovating to be around $100K which would include a large garage at the rear which would stretch across the width of the property.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks
Related
7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

10/01/2024
To Knockdown and Rebuild or Renovate?

General Discussion

if the original house is in good condition most of what you listed could be added in stages without the need for KDR and costs and disruption of having to live elsewhere…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum