Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Letterbox style

Page 3 of 3
Hi andy
I am building an allworth home in the ponds ... I needed to show the size of brick letter box on my landscape plan. where do I go for one made and what is the approximate size of bricked letter box. thanks
Missionhome-
Its doesnt need to be too detailed so you can either take your tape measure for a walk and measure a few ones on the street that you like or refer to the Aus Post standards to work out your size. The height is the main thing they want to see on your plans and they need to know if it is part of a retaining wall/ fence or stand alone.

http://www.letterboxes.net.au/letterbox_specifications.htm

Min
Okay so I have a few ideas re: a letterbox. BUT I have a dilemma. I am after something different and thinking about getting someone to make it for me. Is this a silly idea or do you think we should make one ourselves. Only thing is if we do make it ourselves we are very limited to what we can do-we could brick it up and render it or make a timber one which won't match the house. I haven't seen any inspiring letterboxes online or anywhere. Around here everyone buys the concrete ones that look like a sandstone garden statue thing. I'm not a fan.
Related
5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum