Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

'inclusion'credits on upgrades

Page 1 of 1
hickinbotham "hamilton alfresco"
hi y'all,i'm a 'newbie' to this forum (who's also on her computer "L" plates). My fine fella,2 kool kids & I are building the hamilton alfresco with hickinbothams. We have just made it thru the selections stage and are waiting to hear back on some quotes about a few things(such as glass splashback,ducted evap aircon,etc) Can anyone share with me any experiences in regards to items being credited? eg/ upgrading items like oven/cooktop and then getting the cost of the 'standard' one credited back to you. I have a number of issues on this topic(here's a few to start with;)
1/ choosing colourbond roof instead of tiles
2/ already having electical run&meterbox where it will be when house is built
3/ 'upgrading' elec waterheater to airflow or solar (we have no mains gas here in 2wells) should i get a credit on the gas one that comes as an inclusion

the list goes on, but thats enough for now..........
If anyone can help out i'd be muchly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum =)

No builder I am aware of credits you back, you just pay the extra for the upgrade.

Eg: Standard included oven = $2000, upgrade oven costs $3700 you just pay the $1700 difference!

They should credit you if you are getting things completely removed from your contract eg: the metrebox in your situation however its always best to ask your CSC!

Hope that helps =)
thankyou for a speedy reply!!! We were getting A V Jennings to build a house about a year ago but the contract time ran out( contract was under the condition of our property being sold by a certain date-another story in itself.....) Anyway, we got to the selections stage with them & they charged us for any upgrades but then credited us back on the standard price eg/ upgraded on the oven then they credited us back on the one that came with the house, we didnt want any soap dishes so they gave us a credit on them.....etc.......
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum