Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Roof's again!!! tiles?

Page 1 of 1
We have just signed our prelim contact!
and need to decide by the morning if we want colourbond or tiles!! we like the look of tiles so we are nearly there, except we have to pay more for bristle tiles. ive heard concrete are crap?? We want black shinny tiles that dont fade! but they will attract the hot WA heat! then i read a suggestion on whirly birds. Anyway, if i do go tiles, what do you recomend?? any comments. I wish id read the fine print and decided earlier. also decided on part front render but not 100% on that due to maintenace! oh well.
such is life. what are we getting ourselves in to! oh we have also decided on steel roof beams at $1000 extra, again i dont have a clue and should of done my research. we are building the peagasus by new generation homes in southern river, ok thanks
sorry about bad spelling!
Well…..if I live in a really hot climate zone, I would never give black a though. You will not be doing yourself justice here!

By the way….every dark colour on a roof will eventually fade, so best you give that some though.

And don’t worry about the bad spelling, I didn’t even notice!!!!!!!!
Related
2/01/2024
Concrete roof tiles - is this normal?

General Discussion

Do you have solar on the roof, because if its not a laying defect it looks almost like someone has been walking all over the roof in the mid section of the tile (weakest…

10/05/2023
Converting a Gable Roof

Renovation + Home Improvement

You could frame it out and put a skillion roof on it.

20/05/2023
Frame without roof for 2 months, mould and water pooling

Building A New House

This certainly doesn't look good. I would be engaging with an independent inspector to have a look at this. As for the unscheduled site visits, most builders are quite…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum