Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Jo again! - Selections photofest!

Page 4 of 5
artstitches
I wanted to get those handles but DH wasn't keen. My main reason - aside from the fact that I like them - was that you can't hang teatowels or plastic bags from them like some others. It's a pet hate of mine....

Actually I think they look perfect for hanging plastic bags off
I like the look of them Jo! Thanks for finding me a picture.. i'm very unimaginative.
So Joles - what else has been happening?

Did you hear back from your builder regarding all your upgrades? Saw that your tiles came in at a better price thankfully since they are such an integral part of your home.

I really loved those handles too Donuts. Isn't it amazing how the smallest details can spark huge conversations
artstitches
My main reason - aside from the fact that I like them - was that you can't hang teatowels or plastic bags from them like some others. It's a pet hate of mine....

Me too....no tea towels hanging off oven doors in my house!
They have their own towel rail inside the pantry.... And plastic bags??! What is THAT about?

I like the handles Joles. Nice and neat.
I absolutely love those handles, not like any I have seen on anyone's kitchen here, very unique.

I think jo is ashamed she has turned "brown"ish , don't be ashamed joles, it's a natural progression as we mature
a very natural progress.
kyton
Saw that your tiles came in at a better price thankfully since they are such an integral part of your home.

I missed that update and can't find the thread
so did I!! What you talkin' bout kyton!
Kyton must have insider info..
I thought she was only stalking SuH

great news Joles.
sigh. been reading posts from all the people who are" in "and I think I've caught Lisannes jealous bug. Heard today 2 more blocks have sold in our little mini subdivision. I want my house. NOW!
Hahaha, no insider info for Kyton. I think she's still only stalking SuH as well.

I actually mentioned it in someone else thread. No negotiation of the tile price, we just played around with the tiled areas, reducing them a little bit, and that has got it down closer to the 10k mark.

Not ideal for us, but definitely workable and functional.
Well, thank goodness for that!
Ahhh good to hear (sort of) Jo!!
joles,

i just caught up with this topic...

congratulations on your selection... (but I noticed some browns... was it just my monitor?
)

it all looks great!
i love the dark bits on the face of your bricks. it will nicely match your dark window frames.
we chose that Rock Salt when we almost built with AVJ.
but i don't know why we didn't end up choosing it when we went with M.
could it be that it's from Laminex (which is not standard with M at that time).
Two years of selecting colours from different builders
... hehe.. same with us too!
So I'm sure you're pretty happy with your colour choices now... (and pretty expert too!)
Jo you really do have an eye for colours, well done!! Your house will look fabulous, I like the look of the Daintree facade.

Is there a reason why ALL your threads are so popular???
donuts, there will be no plastic bags hanging anywhere!
I'm with artstitches and kek on that one!

VJ there isn't really any brown. There is some wood grain. It is different!

I'm loving the handles/pull tabs the more I look at them... ask me again after I've lived with them whether I still feel that way!

Salt and Pepper, I think it's because I stick my nose in and comment on everyone else's thread.... that's why they comment on mine!
It's great though. Nice to know people are interested.

And trust me, I have no colour co-ordination.
I couldn't stop laughing when the consultant said that. I think it helps being able to steal a little idea here and there from lots of other members of the forum.
Joles, I haven't commented on this, but I thought it's about time I did - I keep coming back and looking at it because I LOVE your kitchen selections!
Now, how much will it cost me to get you to pick my kitchen colours out for me??
Joles, are you having waterfall edges with your benchtop? (haha, you know why I am asking
)
I've replied in you other thread Jochicho.

karakarakara... I'm quite worried about how my kitchen will look.
I'm worried there isn't enough contrast between the two cupboard colours.
But at this point I just want a house so I don't care!
Thanks Joles!

Haha, I thought I was the only one worrying about my kitchen... your selections are great and I think you will have a lovely contrast Joles
I think your colours are fantastic, and no, there's not a huge contrast between top and bottom, but it's still a contrast and I htink it will look great.

You changed your benchtop though right? I've just read this thread but I'm sure I've read somewhere else recently that you're having Osprey?

I can't decide between Osprey and Snow at the moment, I want Snow but I really don't want to pay an extra $2k for it!
Rachelle, Osprey was with a different builder... still having the Coral Reef as shown in this thread. I haven't changed anything.
Like I said , I think I just don't care anymore!
Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum