Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Strathalbyn build SA. Bricks nearly finished Woo Hoo

Page 1 of 1
Hi, have been on here for a little bit and thought time to post some pics of our build at Strathalbyn.

The slab went down at the start of Feb and as of today the bricks have almost finished

The View down to the house

The roof is Ebony and the bricks are Almond by Austral....nothing too exciting bit we like it.

Windows are Paperbark and our double door entrance will be fire engine red which looks totally awesome in my head

We are on a corner block, so lots of room (1004 sqm) for the dogs.

The Front

Looking back to the alfresco

Thanks for looking

Cheers Emma
Hi Emma,

Great pics and exciting times! Looks like you'll have some great views around your block. We're building in Hahndorf and will hopefully reach lockup in the next week or 2.

Cheers,
Shane
nice colour bricks...
Hi Emma

Looking good
You must be getting excited now that you can see the end.

I just read your post about your parents building in Freeling as well (sorry for the delay) Do you know what lot number they are?? They could possibly be mine or craigandamy's neighbours
Hi Emma, looks great!
hey, thanks everyone,

my parents are lot 3, they are getting a little frustrated atm, something with the council......blah blah , we had the same thing, it takes forever but once it gets going its good.....i keep teling them to sign up here so they can chat with you Freeling guys........just a bit too hard for the oldies perhaps.......LOL

wil post more pics as it goes along

Cheers

Emma
There on the street behind me but the same street as craigandamy. Yeah some oldies are a bit funny with technology aren't they?? My nanna had her mobile phone for nearly 2 years before she figured out how to send a text msg.

We didn't have any hassle with the council....we found them to be quite quick actually. Are they also building with hickinbotham. Hope everything starts moving for them
They are building with Sterling, pretty sure they had to build with them (house and Land package). i think the council is having issues with drainage (affecting 2 or 3 blocks.)

I think they are just getting jealous that we have started and they havent.

They are also living in their caravan atm, after selling the house about 18 months ago so they are well and truly OVER it. It better hurry up or they might end up on my doorstep
Related
17/09/2023
Structural Issue - DPC Higher than finished floor level

Building A New House

interesting situation what happened after builder issued final invoice? did you list as defect or not does the building surveyor have any responsibility? ie. issuing…

13/01/2024
Poorly finished exposed recycled brick boundary wall.

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi all, My neighbour has built his 15m long garage on our boundary. It was agreed as part of the planning permit that the wall must be in exposed recycled brick. For some…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum