Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alamanda Estate - Owners Forum

Page 42 of 42
Another quick one. I'm also looking into the render colours for the front of our house. I'm looking at a darkish brown or greyish colour for the main colour, with a lighter contrast colour over the porch.

Can anyone please let me know the name of a dark render colour they have used, and where I can see it actually on a house? (PM me).

We are currently looking at the Haymes colour Medieval (Dusty Trail for the porch) for the main colour, and whilst I've seen a small render sample, I'm concerned this will be much too dark after seeing the small Haymes colour tab.

Would be an added bonus if anyone knows of a house that has the medieval render colour used.
Ill PM you Amy. We have used Jasper, so its a dark grey with a touch of warmth to it I guess.

Looks like we are all done, and I had PCI today. Now I just have to wait for my final cheque. This has all taken so long from the beginning about 1.5 years ago, and now I am being super inpatient about this cheque. Up to 10 working days they say, which is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I can't friggen wait now.

PCI went fine. Everything important is looking good. We had a very *** and rushed pain job, but that will be easily fixed in the next couple of days. Also a shower rose has been pinched in the last day some how.
Otherwise, we have had a very pleasant build experience, and are extremely happy with PD.

Hopefully I will be in in a week.
Probably the first in the stage, and will enjoy living in a massive construction site....

Does anyone have any idea what's happening out the back with Featherbrook? It looks like or adjoining back block will have a 2m drop and we have some lovely new lakes (perhaps accidental) and a really weird looking man made hill going on out there. I'm sure it will all come together, just looking incredibly random at the moment.

Now where to from here, the massive patch of dirt out the back and the front garden should be a priority, heck I don't know where to start. A pergola to perhaps, as we don't have a alfresco. Bah, better get on to sorting out the smart wiring as well so I have a tv.
Hi evryone,

We're just starting to build in Stage 13 and are trying to decide if it's worth getting an independent inspector to come and check the work over at frame stage (will be doing it a few times later in the build as well). Has anyone had someone check their build at this stage and did you find it worthwhile?!!

Debs & Rich
DebsRich
Hi evryone,

We're just starting to build in Stage 13 and are trying to decide if it's worth getting an independent inspector to come and check the work over at frame stage (will be doing it a few times later in the build as well). Has anyone had someone check their build at this stage and did you find it worthwhile?!!

Debs & Rich

Yep.. I had 3 inspections.. frame was one of them.. my inspector was an ex-site supervisor so he knew what to look for... from my experience it was well worth the money as there were several items I did not pick up
My ss just advised that someone stole a couple windows from the site. He also said that a door handle was stolen (from another site). Is this happening a lot? I mean it is annoying that people stealing these stuff...
chances are it was one of the tradesman on site. The average person doesnt have a need for an extra window and door handle
hi guys,

today i received an invoice from S homes for $1000 to extend my contract until December because stage 9 in Alamanda has been delayed till tentatively November.

For the guys who experienced delays in the past stages, did you experience the same thing?

I rang villawood who basically said they are not responsible for the rain yadayada..

Should I pay because that's the way the cookie crumbles or is there other alternatives.

Thanks
you could always call their bluff and threaten to walk if they want you to pay this. Just depends if you want to risk this builder or not
Hey Lunchtime,

Problem is I've already signed the contract...I don't mind walking away but am i legally bounded to pay ?
Do you have a conveyancer? Some of the best money you'll spend when buying or building they handle all the contractual stuff. See if they can find a get out clause you can use, I find it classic as the builders will find 1,000 excuses why your build is delayed and then charge you when there's is delayed.
thanks notremaison...excellent point haha
builders will use the excuse that your contract was a set date, now its been moved back the cost of materials increases, thats there excuse for increasing the price, if you make enough noise you can get out of it. i was talking to a guy in W.L that had the same problem.
or just spend $700 on a conveyencer
Been a bit quiet in the Alamanda forum of late, hope everyones enjoying the area and suggest you join the community intranet....things are getting very interesting

Quick question on the independant inspection. When did others do this close to hand over? ie. on the PCI can you have your own third party there? Or set up another meeting outside of this with the SS?
notremaison
Been a bit quiet in the Alamanda forum of late, hope everyones enjoying the area and suggest you join the community intranet....things are getting very interesting

Quick question on the independant inspection. When did others do this close to hand over? ie. on the PCI can you have your own third party there? Or set up another meeting outside of this with the SS?

we had three inspections (frame, lock-up, pci)..
hi, we are looking at a land in alamanda. we've read from the draft contract that we have to pay for city west water, corporate fees, council fees and land tax.

how much does the land tax usually cost? i thought this is not applicable for primary residence properties and land below 250k in value. do you have to pay for it annually like the body corporate fee?

would you also have an idea on the city west water fees upon settlement?

thanks in advance.
Hi all, if anyone could help with some information in regards to villawood developments. We are thinking of purchasing land in trillium mickleham which is a villawood development with the same settings as Alamanda. Few questions:

1. Has the owners corporation fee gone up since the beginning
2. In our contract it states that we have to pay water rates, land taxes, rates and levies, from the day we sign contract, I thought we were only required to pay council rates. What is up with that.
3. Do residents of Alamanda get their monies worth for the corp fee they pay every year. And how much are you currently paying if you don't mind me asking.
4. Are you paying anything extra on top of the fees

Thank you any help would be great to help me make my decision.
Hi Evagrace22, it's very topical at the moment. Let's just say it's quite different when Villawood want to sell you something and when they don't.

There's been a lot that was discussed when purchased and things that are now non existant.

- School being built....well that's a government issue even though it's part of their sales pitch.
- Not allowed to re-sell blocks, well they never chase anyone so it's a free for all resulting to unkept lots and the OC/you has to chase breaches. Then these same people seem to not want to pay their OC fees either which has to be chased.
- Signed up a lease for the cafe in the development that is almost cheaper than renting an apartment. Owners Corp then can't increase to receive appropriate revenue.
- Website rort, remove as soon as you create your OC. $30,000 a year to license and no development
- Sales pitch on having a local hub with cafes etc for residents, they've now sold nearly all the blocks of land and also now sold the hub area to a private developer who can basically do whatever they want if council approves.
- There was no consulation and a church was going in without any discussion with lot holders. No detail about how they again could basically do whatever they wanted in our estate and who paid for the area that was going to be used.

List goes on but join your OC early and pour through all contracts they have signed up with councils, design companies, maintenance etc

On the flipside most really enjoy Alamanda but the developer is just their to sell land and the rest is just a pitch.

Here's another good read http://novillawoodend.info/
Related
17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

2/01/2024
In this forum we often rightly criticise builders....

Building A New House

In Victoria you cannot put a caveat on arising from a domestic building contract.

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum