Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alamanda Estate - Owners Forum

Page 41 of 42
Handover on Tuesday!!!!

Seems like they are going to build a retail precinct and medical centre down the front of the estate. Wold be cool to get some more info...
sarahq
Handover on Tuesday!!!!

Seems like they are going to build a retail precinct and medical centre down the front of the estate. Wold be cool to get some more info...

Thats great news Sarah!! Bet you can't wait to get in!

Looks like we'll be handing over one week today (on my birthday)
That's fantastic news also! Not long after me

Can't wait to be in. Start moving things over. Dad will install the letterbox he made for me and do the decking out the front
Hi Guys,
We have a block in stage 11 and building the house with Carlisle too.
Nice to meet you all neighbors!

Cheers
sarahq
That's fantastic news also! Not long after me

Can't wait to be in. Start moving things over. Dad will install the letterbox he made for me and do the decking out the front

congrats, sarahq! Good for you!
kentwang
Hi Guys,

Cheers

It's lovely to meet another (sort of) neighbour!
We're building in Stage 13 with Carlisle. What house are you building? Are you finished yet?
Greets to all and congrats to those getting ready to move in.

Can I ask what have people done for drainage for their back yards? I drove past the block on the weekend and with all the rain we have been having I have a minor swimming pool in the backyard.

I was thinking of installing soak Wells and running ag pipe before I rotary hoe and top dress the soil in preparation for lawn.

Was thinking maybe slip the cable trencher guy some cash for the extra trench for the ag pipe and save my back.

Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?
ShelleyB
kentwang
Hi Guys,

Cheers

It's lovely to meet another (sort of) neighbour!
We're building in Stage 13 with Carlisle. What house are you building? Are you finished yet?

Nice to meet you too!

We are building the Prominence 38 with Hilton facade which is different with the one in display homes.
It was just finished lockup stage, hope it can be handover before Christmas.
kentwang
Nice to meet you too!

We are building the Prominence 38 with Hilton facade which is different with the one in display homes.
It was just finished lockup stage, hope it can be handover before Christmas.

Ours has just finished frame stage, and we're hoping to be finished by Christmas too! Although our SS won't commit to a set date
hey shelley
saw your house this week its coming along nicely! We finally have a start date 13th September hooray!
MeganandRobert
hey shelley
saw your house this week its coming along nicely! We finally have a start date 13th September hooray!

Yay! So excited for you! Can't believe how many houses have started now. Won't take long for your house to take shape. Looking forward to watching it being built!!!
Hi All,

Just an update for anyone in Stage 14. I was out at the land office on Sunday speaking to Joel, and he said that with all this rain the expected title dates have been pushed to very late October, probably November now.

Cheers.
the rain just happened recently and the title was supposed to be in August.

They seem to blame everything on rain and worst of all, the stage does not look like it has been worked at all since January...
I'm Stage 9
draco76
to those who are wondering what the optical fibre entry point would look like.. this is how it was done by my builder...

its that white conduit below the meter box with the wires hanging out.

hope this helps..

Hi Draco.. have you actually had your ONU box installed yet? If so I'm wondering who actually did that for you.. Was it opticom thru your builder or did you have to engae opticom directly yourself?
notremaison

On the topic of concrete though has anyone else had to move their cross over? I've seen another thread where some were quoted what we were quoted which was $5k to remove the existing and put a new one down. But others via private contractors were quoted around $2k? Anyone used someone who works around Alamanda? We're thinking of just getting the driveway and cross over done by the one companys which may save some $$$$. Council is charging $400 to re-plant the little tree they put in also....maybe the concrete truck can "'accidentally'' back over it

I used Kev's Concreting- $1.8k to remove and install a new cross over- recommend them!
lfc5cups
draco76
to those who are wondering what the optical fibre entry point would look like.. this is how it was done by my builder...

hope this helps..

Hi Draco.. have you actually had your ONU box installed yet? If so I'm wondering who actually did that for you.. Was it opticom thru your builder or did you have to engae opticom directly yourself?

Hi lfc5cups.. i just called Techlife and they did everything.. then called internode to connect.. that's it..
draco76
lfc5cups
draco76

hope this helps..

Hi lfc5cups.. i just called Techlife and they did everything.. then called internode to connect.. that's it..

thanks.. did Villawood pay for that fibre connection from street to house but you just organised it yourself through techlife? It's in my contract that vendor pays yet techlife were telling me I have to pay.. I will be disputing that.
lfc5cups

thanks.. did Villawood pay for that fibre connection from street to house but you just organised it yourself through techlife? It's in my contract that vendor pays yet techlife were telling me I have to pay.. I will be disputing that.

You have to pay for the connection from the street to your house ($440) then you can (and probably will) pay for the signal for telephones and FTA TV to pumped into the house which is another ($440) (Robbing Bar stewards!!)

However having said that the internet speed is awesome now its in!
we got the smart wiring package from our builder so the connection from the street to the house is free.. then for techlife to connect/commission the service, you have to pay either $440 (???) or $660.. i paid the $660 (technology package) and they gave me a voucher number which 6 months phone rental and 6 months internet.. you only have to provide the voucher number to the ISP of your choice and they will sort out the plan..
I was just wondering if someone could give me some indication of the cost of getting the smart wiring points installed?

I'll be looking at getting 2 tv points, 1 internet and 1 phone point connected. Just looking to add this into the budget.

I've already set aside the $660 connection fee with Opticom and my builder in putting the connection from the street to the house in.
Related
17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

2/01/2024
In this forum we often rightly criticise builders....

Building A New House

In Victoria you cannot put a caveat on arising from a domestic building contract.

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum