Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alamanda Estate - Owners Forum

Page 3 of 42
claego
Hi jojoeyes

I am in stage 3 and our land was titled last year, i have moved in today officially.. Finger cross for your land and hope that it will title ontime..

Congratulations!
Well done claego, good for you

Enjoy Alamanda
jojoeyes
Hi Amyife,

That's exactly the point. I have checked with couple of builders. The reason I chose PD is they don't have hidden costs, even the brand of the appliances have been specified.

Unfortunately, i have to upgrade a lot with PD

Hi jojoeyes, I'm going to display home this weekend again , wanna have a close look at the Simonds home, a lot of homework expected, hopefully can finalise the builder soon
how about you ? have you signed the PD contract yet ?

WELL DONE CLAEGO!

welcome to the neighbourhood Neighbour...... let the good time begin hun.

i just hope we are going to be in soon... still no PCI (not even close)

U survived and for that i applaud you!
amyife
jojoeyes
Hi Amyife,

That's exactly the point. I have checked with couple of builders. The reason I chose PD is they don't have hidden costs, even the brand of the appliances have been specified.

Unfortunately, i have to upgrade a lot with PD

Hi jojoeyes, I'm going to display home this weekend again , wanna have a close look at the Simonds home, a lot of homework expected, hopefully can finalise the builder soon
how about you ? have you signed the PD contract yet ?

Hi amyife,

Good luck! Simonds is very good as well

I have paid the 1k deposit to PD, and will sign the pre-building contract this weekend.

I will not sign the final building contract with PD until the end of Sep, cos my block is proposed to be titled in Nov. I am so nervous, because if there is any delay with my block, I will not get the FHBG
hey, you will definately get the FHBG if you signed the contract during the period from July to 30.Sep, even your land title delayed. What really counts is your Building contract date, nothing related to the land title date.

p.s. what's the pre-contract like ? I never heard of that. I don't think Simonds has it either. I may just simply sign one contract
amyife
hey, you will definately get the FHBG if you signed the contract during the period from July to 30.Sep, even your land title delayed. What really counts is your Building contract date, nothing related to the land title date.

Hi amyife,

what i have concerned is the construction work must be start within 26 weeks of signing the contract. That's means if i sign the building contract prior to 30 Sep, the construction work must be started before the 30 March 2010.

If my block cannot be titled before March, that will be a big problem. You know, some stages of Alamanda delayed from Feb to June this year...

Another point is, PD will charge us for the late building start date if the block is not ready in Jan 2010...
hey mate, it's true you have to build within 6 months. But there's exemption. I'm pretty sure about it, check it on the website about " off the plan" --build home on lot with unresgistered plan...bla bla bla
http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/srowebsit ... itions.htm
jojoeyes
amyife

Hi amyife,

what i have concerned is the construction work must be start within 26 weeks of signing the contract. That's means if i sign the building contract prior to 30 Sep, the construction work must be started before the 30 March 2010.

If my block cannot be titled before March, that will be a big problem. You know, some stages of Alamanda delayed from Feb to June this year...

Another point is, PD will charge us for the late building start date if the block is not ready in Jan 2010...

I will be going through the same issue with Big M, will be interesting to see how the builders deal with it.

I told my sales rep that we will not sign the contract before late August/Early September for this reason.
amyife
hey mate, it's true you have to build within 6 months. But there's exemption. I'm pretty sure about it, check it on the website about " off the plan" --build home on lot with unresgistered plan...bla bla bla
http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/srowebsit ... itions.htm

Does that apply in this case?
moody
Hi Guys
Seeing the Alamanda owners are all over the forum I thought I would try to have some discussion in one place.

Hi Moody,

How much did M charge you for your site costs in Alamanda? We were quoted $15k for fixed site costs (includes temp fencing, crossover protection, H Class slab, fall, rock removal).
Zerosignal
moody
Hi Guys
Seeing the Alamanda owners are all over the forum I thought I would try to have some discussion in one place.

Hi Moody,

How much did M charge you for your site costs in Alamanda? We were quoted $15k for fixed site costs (includes temp fencing, crossover protection, H Class slab, fall, rock removal).

HI zerosignal, I'm still waiting for the site cost quotation from Simonds..will update soon
[/quote]

Hi Moody,

How much did M charge you for your site costs in Alamanda? We were quoted $15k for fixed site costs (includes temp fencing, crossover protection, H Class slab, fall, rock removal).[/quote]

We have been in 3 weeks now.

Our M site costs were $12K. Includes temp fence, H class, rock removal. We turned our house around to face the sun so we have to get another crossover put in.

Anyone want to know anything else regarding building in Alamanda?

Our fences to be put around the property. We went with Fenceable Fencing and the cost was $1875.00. I have 4 neighbours. 2 have paid and 2 did not.
Hi Moody

Are you connecting to Optic Fabic? Techline called me that they will come and complete the ONU connection this Friday.. so finally i can watch TV..

I still haven’t done the fencing, i don’t even have my neighbour details, and the form to council still sitting on my study table, properly need to act quicker
claego
Hi Moody

Are you connecting to Optic Fabic? Techline called me that they will come and complete the ONU connection this Friday.. so finally i can watch TV..

I still haven’t done the fencing, i don’t even have my neighbour details, and the form to council still sitting on my study table, properly need to act quicker

Hi Claego

No, I didn't bother with Optic Fibre yet. I just did the ariel. I got a digital TV server box with Cat5 connections which runs my TV and is Optic Fibre ready (Hills). I'll get it hooked up from the street later on. My TV has great reception now though.

The council were great in providing the names fast to Fenceable fencing. FF send the letters to the neighbours too.
Oh, i never know that the fence company can send the letter on my behalf, i think that it is good.. i properly will give them a call and get a quote.. thanks
Hi everyone, I'm new.

I just bought a House and Land in Almanda for $290. Land $145 for 320sqm. The land is just near the wetlands and borders the pricier Featherbrook estate (stage 10). I was waiting in anticipation for the gov to release land zoning plans and to my delight have confirmed that beyond Alamanda is a green wedge.

The mortgage broker was shocked at how much I wanted to spend and said this kind of buyer was rare, especially for first home builders. She said she has to deal with young clients like myself who want palacial homes, and start crying when she says no go.

We are building with PD (Chelsea 3). Site costs are fixed at just under $5k.

Very happy with my purchase. I wanted a cheap H&L so can purchase another rental property rather than starting off with a large home, or rent this one out in the future. Despite small land size and home, my house will always be attractive to investors due to it being a little more affordable. I wouldn't expect a family to want my house, it's too small. Its predicted rental income exceeds my repayments already given FHOG, deposit and paying low interest on a small loan. Will be easy to rent out as well, as it will be one of the cheapest in the area to rent because I won't need to charge much.

For those who haven't titled yet, I'd be wary of the land tax. Ask your solicitor to see what they predict it will be.

We are also predicted to start building in Feb. If this does blow out, then we will have to apply for special consideration. Alamanda does not want a bad rep for holding back many first home buyers for the interest of their business, so they will try their best.
MissAlison
For those who haven't titled yet, I'd be wary of the land tax. Ask your solicitor to see what they predict it will be.

Firstly congrats on the choice of Alamanda!

As far as I know land tax is charged as at 31 December each year so provided you have taken title by that date you should not have land tax charged to you.
I would be wary of site costs at $5k. That is VERY cheap.

Does it include everything? Rock removal, soil fill in, grading, fence and everything?

If it does then that's great, but if not I would investigate more.

Alamanda is very rocky and usually min site costs are $12k +

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
moody
I would be wary of site costs at $5k. That is VERY cheap.

Does it include everything? Rock removal, soil fill in, grading, fence and everything?

If it does then that's great, but if not I would investigate more.

Alamanda is very rocky and usually min site costs are $12k +

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

That is a fixed price quote for $5k with PD it will not change, the Chelsea doesn't have a big footprint so costs should be low.

I didn't know Alamanda was rocky - I will have to go for a drive and look around I know it is pretty much just clay so at a minimum the slab is going to be a H class.
Moody,

how did you come to the conclusion that Alamanda is very rocky, in the first few stages granted i would expect a little rock to come out but any stage beyond sate 4 or 5 should see any rock removed, as these stages have massive amount of fill in place and a rule to go by is when the developers places a lot of fill on the land they would have to mad to inport fill with rock in it.

i personly have done many jobs in Alamanda and i can tell you that the builders are mostly cocerned about the fill not the rock. it is vitaly inportant the the compaction report from Villawood holds up, its funny that these costs have been drumed into clients to the point where you think they are acceptable.

again the volume boy's will be quoting between $13 to $17plus but i am telling you right now you can get on site between 7.5 and 10K with out a problem.
Related
17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

2/01/2024
In this forum we often rightly criticise builders....

Building A New House

In Victoria you cannot put a caveat on arising from a domestic building contract.

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum