Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alamanda Estate - Owners Forum

Page 18 of 42
potay
Hi,

Is it better to get the Conduit pipe installed via the builder or Techlife.... I think @ the moment Techlife are charging $440, did anyone got the conduit installed via Builder??

I have opted for Smart wiring to be performed by PD Telstra Smart wiring Package which distributes, TV,Internet\Data,Phone and foxtel to almost every room in the house.

Also, did anyone get Home theatre setup already completed, it will be great if you can share your experiences and knowledge.

regards
Potay

You could speak to these guys.

http://www.mcsconnect.com.au/services.html

there are many trenching contracters out there, just look in the yellow pages. At the end of the day you only need a trench from the pit out the front of your property to where your meter box location is and a 32mm conduit laid in to run the fiber line through which techlife do when they come back and connect the ONT and hook up.
potay
Hi,

Is it better to get the Conduit pipe installed via the builder or Techlife.... I think @ the moment Techlife are charging $440, did anyone got the conduit installed via Builder??

I have opted for Smart wiring to be performed by PD Telstra Smart wiring Package which distributes, TV,Internet\Data,Phone and foxtel to almost every room in the house.

Also, did anyone get Home theatre setup already completed, it will be great if you can share your experiences and knowledge.

regards
Potay

if you already opted for the smart wiring with PD, then I reckon that package should already include installation of the 32mm conduit.. as them about it and if not included, try to negotiate that it be included..
Just a quick update for the stage 8 people out there. I called the Alamanda office and was advised stage 8 went to the titles office yesterday. She also advised me it then takes a max of 2 weeks to title - with some being titled as quickly as 1 day!!?? I find this very hard to believe seeing as stage 7 took about 4 weeks to title once it went to the titles office. Anyway, hopefully we will get a slab before Xmas.
How can some plots be titled before others? Surely they would do the whole stage together? Or am I an egg white based dessert?
Anyone have any news on Stage 12?
vzbux
How can some plots be titled before others? Surely they would do the whole stage together? Or am I an egg white based dessert?

What I should have said was she advised some prior STAGES have been know to title in 1 day. Not individual lots. But as I say, I can't imagine this ever being the case for Alamanda.
Ah Right I was wrong then.

Knowing our luck, we'll be settled bang on the latest date allowed by law!!

What actaully happens at the titles office, do they physically go out and measure evey plot to make sure its the correct size / safe etc etc? Or is it just pushing paper and pens??
what_the
potay
Hi,

regards
Potay

You could speak to these guys.

http://www.mcsconnect.com.au/services.html

there are many trenching contracters out there, just look in the yellow pages. At the end of the day you only need a trench from the pit out the front of your property to where your meter box location is and a 32mm conduit laid in to run the fiber line through which techlife do when they come back and connect the ONT and hook up.

Thanks for the information.
draco76
potay
Hi,

regards
Potay

if you already opted for the smart wiring with PD, then I reckon that package should already include installation of the 32mm conduit.. as them about it and if not included, try to negotiate that it be included..

Thanks for your advise. I will check with PD if the conduit is part of the package, if not I will request for the quote and negotiate accordingly.

Once again thanks for the info.
Homey123
Just a quick update for the stage 8 people out there. I called the Alamanda office and was advised stage 8 went to the titles office yesterday. She also advised me it then takes a max of 2 weeks to title - with some being titled as quickly as 1 day!!?? I find this very hard to believe seeing as stage 7 took about 4 weeks to title once it went to the titles office. Anyway, hopefully we will get a slab before Xmas.

Thanks for the update Homey123...ya even Joel said the same thing... well lets keep our fingers crossed...
Zerosignal
Anyone have any news on Stage 12?

yep...

"Just waiting on final sign offs (council, powercor) and will then be at the titles office.- Approx 2 weeks."
Good luck to all those waiting on land title! Kind of funny to see them saying the land could be titled in 1 day... Talk about getting your hopes up!!!

Our CLE from Carlisle contacted us today with the name of our SS. And she said that site start was today
Does that mean a temporary fence? I think I have to go check it out tomorrow!

Site scrape booked for this Friday. Drains for the 19th. Slab on the 25th!
Maybe a frame by Christmas?

*fingers crossed* Carlisle stick closer to their time lines than Alamanda does!
That is awesome news! I will try keep an eye on your place from time to time if you like as I know your pretty far away at the moment.

Just let me know,

Cheers.
Zerosignal
That is awesome news! I will try keep an eye on your place from time to time if you like as I know your pretty far away at the moment.

Just let me know,

Cheers.

Thanks for the offer! Of course a quick drive down Cooktown wouldn't do any harm
You should be able to pretty much figure out which block is ours. There was only one other with a fence last Friday...

I am only working about 10 mins away from the block, so I am pretty sure that my lunch breaks will be spent there...
I was going to go at lunch today (just to see if there had been any action on the site)... but I had a meeting that ran through lunch
Hi sarahq, sorry for the delay, we are building the carinya with Henley. Carlisle seems like they have been really good and you have already started!! YAY!

H3nley have been good too, we are currently waiting for sewer information to be released before we can start building, did you have this problem? I spoke with Henley yesterday and apparently some sort of sewer information hasn’t been released for stage 7 and the council can’t confirm how long this will take to be released. We have opted to have the sewer connected then we’ll pay extra and get a plumber out again to turn it all on when the council release the information.

Has anyone else had this issue? It has been a long wait to start building and for the sack of a couple of hundred $$ I’d rather pay the plumber.

Hopefully we’ll have a site start by the end of next week (if we have no more delays.)
sarahq
Good luck to all those waiting on land title! Kind of funny to see them saying the land could be titled in 1 day... Talk about getting your hopes up!!!

Our CLE from Carlisle contacted us today with the name of our SS. And she said that site start was today
Does that mean a temporary fence? I think I have to go check it out tomorrow!

Site scrape booked for this Friday. Drains for the 19th. Slab on the 25th!
Maybe a frame by Christmas?

*fingers crossed* Carlisle stick closer to their time lines than Alamanda does!

congrats! so lucky that you might have frame up before Christmas~~
biddy
Hi sarahq, sorry for the delay, we are building the carinya with Henley. Carlisle seems like they have been really good and you have already started!! YAY!

H3nley have been good too, we are currently waiting for sewer information to be released before we can start building, did you have this problem? I spoke with Henley yesterday and apparently some sort of sewer information hasn’t been released for stage 7 and the council can’t confirm how long this will take to be released. We have opted to have the sewer connected then we’ll pay extra and get a plumber out again to turn it all on when the council release the information.

Has anyone else had this issue? It has been a long wait to start building and for the sack of a couple of hundred $$ I’d rather pay the plumber.

Hopefully we’ll have a site start by the end of next week (if we have no more delays.)

Hi Biddy ..haven't reached that stage yet but pretty much sure someone may help you with this.
biddy

Biddy,

Hopefully you can get a start soon! From what I could see, there is one block with a temp fence, as well as 2 blocks that have started site scrape (including mine
) I am hoping lots of people start building straight away and we get it all over and done with at the same time!

We have heard nothing about sewers....
Alamandone
Thanks what_the for the info. I'm pretty relieved at least there's some way to sort this out. I couldn't find the application form of 'unforseen delays' yet and maybe I could just keep track of your work with the SRO. I agree Villawood should come up with better reasons than inclement weather when the oval is already there now for site attraction under the condition.[code][/code]

Hi Alamandone.

Just a follow up and what I have found so far. I have spoken directly with the SRO and also Jeremy at Oliver Hume.

From what has been explained to me, I need to do the following:

* Obtain a letter from the developer (Villawood) stating the reason for the title delay from the original date projected.

* Obtain a letter from the builder (in my case H3nl3y) showing that my contract was signed and ready to proceed if the original date were to go ahead.

Supply both of these in writing to the SRO with a cover letter explaining the exact situation. For example; I was assured that titles would be ready in december when I paid my deposit for the block. I had signed my build contract on the 22nd of september so that I would be ready to proceed with the build and meet the 26 week deadline. Due to the developer delaying the titles which is an "unforseen circumstance" and beyond my control I will need to apply for an extension to the allowable time to fulfil the criteria obtaining the full FHOG.

Please note each case is reviewed on an individual basis and there is no gaurantee. However having spoken to the SRO rep and Jeremy they do look favourably on this.

Perhaps best getting in touch with the SRO yourself and speak to Oliver Hume to get the ball rolling. This way you can make sure you are covered and can afford yourself some peace of mind.

Hope that helps.
I find it difficult to believe that some bad weather in September caused a 3 month delay. Perhaps if there was 3 months of rain it would make sense. Wouldn't that be lovely!

I truly think that titling has been delayed because not all the blocks have been sold. Surely, Villawood need a certain amounts of sign ups to get the cash from the banks to pay for the pricey development of the land. Might not be the case, but that's what I think.

But, hey, it's still out of MY control so we have an excellent case to the SRO for an extension. I think my start date will only go over by a few weeks. It would be absolutely heartless for the SRO to withhold the FHOG for that reason. And, what if we all took villawood to court because we all lost out on our FHOG. Your honour, we delayed titling for 3 months because of a few days of rain in September, now our clients have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in FHOG money.
I'm sure it isnin Villawoods best interest to make sure that we do actually get our grants, and their solicitors will be doing their best. Talk about bad press if they dont!
Related
17/08/2023
Post submitted in wrong forum

Interior Decorating Lounge

Then delete the original. Dual posting is not allowed.

2/01/2024
In this forum we often rightly criticise builders....

Building A New House

In Victoria you cannot put a caveat on arising from a domestic building contract.

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum