Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

coventry 33 with Av J - slab poured

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I do have another post with the details of my build with NBG, but my parents decided to buy a block of land down the same road as ours and are also building the Coventry 33 with Av Jennings. The process with them has been quite frustrating at times with delays in getting paperwork ready especially the variations after colours selection but they are almost there as well. They were told that the building permit is being worked on and that building should commence within 3 weeks. The following is the plan with some of the choices at colour selection:

1. House plan

2. Exterior colour selection

3. Kitchen benchtop and cupboards

4. Bathroom stone and laminate for cupboards

5. The middle colour is the glass splashback colour for kitchen
It seems very similar to mine
but the garage is detached for me.

The colours are very nice. Cannot wait to see the photos once it has started. Do they have a start date as yet?

Cheers
No dont have a start date as yet, what about you?
Am waiting ever so patiently by my phone
supposedly it is going to ring at anytime as the siting office has recieved my file today. Yesterday when I spoke to the siting office, I was told that the roof trusses were being made and the frame etc... If I do not hear anything by tomorrow arvo I will be sure to ring the siting office to ask what the hold up is now... Fingers crossed that they shall be ringing me and me chasing them again
well it looks like things will start to get moving now on my parents block. When we went past yesterday the sign was up and some of the pegs that were already there were spray painted again. There are some bars left on the land that need clearing up before they can do a site scrape which should be within the next few days.

Before:

Yesterday:
Gotta love those pegs
Glad to see that things are starting to move for the both of you, will be sure to keep watching this one also
While ive been waiting for my land or house to progress my parents block seems to be moving full steam ahead, we're happy that at least someone house is under way finally. Here are some of the progress shots taken over the past week or so:

We went past on the 19th and found the plumbing done:

On the 23rd there were lines drawn on the land to show where to dig:

another shot:

On the 29th the block looked quite ready for a slab:

Another shot:

Today my father was there at 6:30am and they were busy working away, last final touches were being done to the block in preparation for the slab to be poured today. This looking from the garage, the part which is at a lower level is where the alfresco is:

Another shot:
Related
28/02/2024
Leak after Concreter poured concrete

Owner Builder Forum

Hello needing some advice. I was about to build my Alfresco and needed a new slab and remove exisiting slab as its not standard. So they start to excavate and jackhammer…

13/05/2023
Retaining wall under patio slab

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks for the insights, that makes perfect sense, and yeah, I will be leaning on the experience of the excavator operator entirely.

8/06/2023
Slab low

Building A New House

I have the civil/drainage plans, what am I looking for?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum