Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 129 of 224
Snakes
Quote:
To all the ones already living in Epping. How is the traffic in the mornings around 6:30 on Oherns Road and High Street to the Epping Station?

Hey Glen,

I'm house sitting in Mernda at the moment and I drive south on Epping Road/High Street around 7:00am. No problems getting through that area what so ever - no waits at Eucalupt or Lyndarum lights, no waits at Findon Road roundabout, and generally no waits at McDonalds Road. I say generally as one time at that intersection I didnt get through on the first green, but was first in line for the next green light

I'm not sure what the traffic is like on High Street after McDonalds Road as I go down Davidson Street to get onto Dalton Road, but I wouldnt expect any delays, especially if you go though at 6:30am!

Apologies for thr delay in response Snake nut thanks a ton for the response...
cornerof
Dear DOG Walkers and whomsoever it may concern,

I am writing not to hurt anyone but those walking with dog
and messing up other landscapes with dog poo. Its a third time happened at our landscapes in the span of one month.

"You will get caught soon with the evidence"

I'm Having same problem ,not only poo also messing up all mulch and pebble
cornerof wrote:
Dear DOG Walkers and whomsoever it may concern,

I am writing not to hurt anyone but those walking with dog
and messing up other landscapes with dog poo. Its a third time happened at our landscapes in the span of one month.

"You will get caught soon with the evidence"

I'm Having same problem ,not only poo also messing up all mulch and pebble

Same here..this is ridiculous .. people should have some common sense.
Fox in our front yard (Radiance Ave - Aurora estate) 2 morning ago. Looked out the front door and a juvenile fox sauntered down our drive, stopped and looked around. When the fox saw me it high tailed across the road towards the one vacant block opposite.

Has anyone else seen foxes lately?
wondering
Fox in our front yard (Radiance Ave - Aurora estate) 2 morning ago. Looked out the front door and a juvenile fox sauntered down our drive, stopped and looked around. When the fox saw me it high tailed across the road towards the one vacant block opposite.

If rabbits are part of the fox family, then yes, I'v seen a lot of them
Hi,

I am looking to build in Epping, in one of the estates - LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL, since I have recently started looking & driving through estates they all seem interconnected and not too far from epping station. Since you all have built in the area or are building, can you please advise if one estate is better than the other or they all are the same.

Also while buying land & building should I be taking into account the orientation of the Land if so which directions are good/best ? & the layout of the constuction so that we can get suffecient sun light in winters (Family, Meals & Alfresco).

Will appreciate your help in getting over the line & thanks in advance.
Regards,
jaggiabhi
can you please advise if one estate is better than the other or they all are the same.

Not sure about that. You are like asking if Melbourne is better or Sydney.
I guess you should really take some time to explore the estates yourself and read through all the building guidelines.

jaggiabhi
Also while buying land & building should I be taking into account the orientation of the Land if so which directions are good/best ? & the layout of the constuction so that we can get suffecient sun light in winters (Family, Meals & Alfresco).

Each estate has different building guidelines. I am not sure the others, but the one in Aurora is making sure you are not overshadowed by next door, get maximum sunlight and energy efficiency regardless house orientation (although in practice, things might differ).

There is a good chance for you to get to know more about Aurora. A free coffee meet for the residents is on the 17th (see http://www.aurora.asn.au). Just come along and you can ask your questions to the existing residents face to face.
Quote:

I saw a dead one on Bridge Inn Rd during the week
Quote:
but the one in Aurora is making sure you are not overshadowed by next door

We were also told that Aurora was master planned and that no house overlooked another. Yet if we stand in our son's bedroom and look out the window, we look straight down into our neighbour's kitchen/dining area.
oztish
We were also told that Aurora was master planned and that no house overlooked another. .

I don't see that in the building guideline though, it only addresses overshadowing.
aurorafrog
oztish
We were also told that Aurora was master planned and that no house overlooked another. .

I don't see that in the building guideline though, it only addresses overshadowing.

Me too, I was only told of overshadowing. With block sizes as small as they are, you can't really avoid overlooking.
hey guys how much is your yearly house rate im guessing its the same for everyone in wollert and when do we get it
Our rates are $1493 per annum

And you are all right, the documentation/pamphlets do talk about overshadowing, not overlooking, but this is what was told to us verbally at the sales office when we queried about having our house on a different block - they said that the house designs were specifically designated to each block so that it was planned that no house would overlook the backyard or into the living area of another house etc.
Hi all,
This is my second post on this site. Apologies if I have made a mistake. Also I was asked to post on this thread.

We have just moved into Aurora Estate. We dont have any television reception. Anyone else having problems ?
Sus_111
Hi all,
This is my second post on this site. Apologies if I have made a mistake. Also I was asked to post on this thread.

We have just moved into Aurora Estate. We dont have any television reception. Anyone else having problems ?

Hi There,

Our TV Reception is no problem. What stage are you in? If you are in stages 1 - 7 and they haven't upgraded your FTTH Connection you will most likely need to decide who you want for your internet/phone and wait for the upgrade to be done. If they have already done the upgrade give your ISP a call and log the fault.

One thing I know for sure though, if you didn't build your home, you would probably not get the correct information until you move in and realise things are "different" up here!

I know its brief but I hope it helps!
Sus_111
Hi all,

If you haven't have your internet connected or someone came to connect the TV ports for you, then there is no signals coming through the wall sockets.

In that case, you can use rabbit ear type of antenna, but will need a signal amp to get clear picture.
Thank you DamoAu and Aurorafrog.

I dont have the internet connection yet. I called Vic Urban office about the FTTH and was told that they would install it in approx 10 working days.
This morning at 5am we heard weird sounds (we think from our Hot water unit)(sounded like a machine trying to suck water but loses pressure). It was dark at the time and we could not figure out what it is and then while taking shower we lost hot water. After that we havent had hot water. We checked all the taps.

Has anyone experienced such a thing before?

We are in the Aurora Estate.
Sorry guys for the number of questions posted.

But our hot water system was installed 2 weeks ago by the builders and it is not functioning. We have just moved in to our home in Aurora estate.

And I thought the builder is supposed to take care of any faults with the appliances installed by them.

Is that correct?
Sus_111
Sorry guys for the number of questions posted.

But our hot water system was installed 2 weeks ago by the builders and it is not functioning. We have just moved in to our home in Aurora estate.

And I thought the builder is supposed to take care of any faults with the appliances installed by them.

Is that correct?

IMO, you should contact the builder for the urgency of this matter as it's critical to your daily life. I am not sure if the builder will take the responsibility, it depends whose fault it is. But usually you get warranty from the manufacturer for sure, just like you buy it off the shop. So the builder might ask you to contact the manufacturer instead.

The responsible party should get on your matter asap or reimburst you if they allow you to go for third party for the fixing.

But again, no one will be able to tell you who is responsible. I suggest you just to ring around to find out.
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum