Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 1 of 224
Thought I do a roll call for anyone building in Aurora Estate or Lyndarum Estate in Epping North (Victoria).

Maybe we can chat about developments in the area...

such as - does anyone know when the road that links the two estates is opening? (at Rockfield Street)?

For the record - I own a home in Aurora Estate.
I'm looking in buying land in Lyndarum soon.
My older brother is currently building there with Burbank.

Sorry I have no idea what street it is that links the two estates together.
It's Lyndarum Drive (Lyndarum Estate end) and Rockfield Street (Aurora Estate end).
I think its greensfield st. Just guessing.
I'm not familiar with Greensfield Street (?)

My question is when will Rockfield Street in Aurora Estate be opened up at the dead end to connect to Lyndarum Estate - anyone know? It looks like the road's nearly finished...
Hey Oztish,

Haven't spoken to you for a while, so how is your build going???

I don't know when the connection between Lyndarum Drive and Rockfield will be completed but from looking at the progress so far today I think it be probably another 2 months as they are still doing work on the Lyndarum side of thing. It look like they finished putting in a round about before the two street connect and on the footpath side they dug deep trenches. The last time I asked, Aurora think it be March 2009 but it look more like April/May 2009 now IMHO.
Thanks Polo. Have you changed your username since I spoke with you last?

What's happening with your house build?
Hi guys,

I'm building in Greenfields drive and apparently the road is meant to open at the end of April 09. Well that's what AJ Jennings has told us. I guess they are running over time.
Looking at it yesterday it appears all finished now with final signs installed so I'd be saying it ha got to open in the next week of so.

I'm glad someone started a thread on Lyndarum. I Was beginning to think no one wanted to talk about our two awesome estates.

I have a blog going on the build of MyMetricon Newhaven at http://theatwills.com/buildingblog/

I have also been told that Woolworths will be going into the shopping centre at the front of Lyndarum which will be great.

Cheers,

Damo.
Oztish - Land is expected to be release in May 09 but much doubt it so looks like June 09 so the wait continues. Checked the progress on the road last week and it seems almost completed so won't be long before it opens. How is your build coming along anyway, have it finished??

JT - Your house is looking great. Woolworth in Lyndarum would be great so don't have to drive to Epping Plaza.
Hi Guys,
Great to see you have started a thread on Lyndarum. l have also purchased land in the estate, it's starting to look really good. Do you know when they will start building the shops & establishing the sanctuary, as we most likely we will start building this year. Just deciding who to build with!
Not sure when the shops will be built but my guess it won't be till next year. A family member of mine and a friend recently built in Lyndarum with S!monds and they are not happy at all with them.

Oh yeah one thing to be careful with the developer is the fencing, my family member got the fencer who is working for the developer to do the side fencing, they asked the fencer to do it from rear up to front footpath (not knowing that the convenant state you can't have the side fence running up to footpath because it needs to be at least 1-2m from the footpath, well the fencer didn't say anything even though he works for them and didn't warn them that it is not allowed). They received a letter from AVJ advising them to pull down the front portion of the side fencing. So if you are planning to get the fencer who is working for AVJ to do your fencing then be careful and read the convenant properly.
Just an update on the roundabout and opening of Lyndarum drive through to Aurora Estate.

I went up last night to check on progress of the house and Lyndarum drive has now been offically opened through to Aurora and all other connecting roads.

Although they had not turned on the street lights for that section yet. Mabe they well be on tonight.
Hi - yes road is open yesterday - makes it much quicker to get out I agree! Now we just need a road so that we can bypass that traffic on High Street... and yes, a woolies would be great at Lyndarum - a bun fight getting in and out of Epping Plaza at times!
Looking forward to hearing other people's experiences.
Just a question to those in Lyndarum, My land settled a year ago and AVjennings had 2 of the fences built before settlement. I haven't received a bill yet from the company that built them?? was it included in the price of the land? Or am i missing something??

MArk
Hi Mark,

My back fence was included in the settlement cost.
When you settled you should have been given a Statement of Adjustments that outlines the additional cost you have to pay on top of the land price.
eg. remaining rates for year, remaining land tax, remaining water rates, discharge of mortgages, fencing, etc.
Checking my statement of adjustments i see council rates- yarra valley - land tax but thats all, ill gather it was included . Its been a year now and still no bill.
I must say I'm a little disappointed at the lack of infrastructure in Aurora Estate. I know VicUrban ramble about how Aurora WILL have this and WILL have that, but so far there's nothing! No kinder, no shops. It's rather annoying.
Hi Oztish,

How are you going?? Your right about the development in Aurora, there's nothing so far, but remember it is a govt agency so don't get your hope up to fast about the infrastructures. Geez the houses are popping up fast in Lyndarum this year. Anyway stage 9 -11 is titled in Aurora so in a few months houses be popping everywhere there. In regard to the schools I wouldn't expect it to be built for at least 2 years as nothing has started. The good thing is that Lyndarum Drive is completed so no need to drive around lol.

It looks like I can't join the club as I don't have any kids so far lol, anyway we might see each other soon in Aurora. Keep in touch on this forum.
Hi,

I have a family member and a friend who built in Lyndarum and I definetely know that the back fences are for free from the developer, however they bought land in the earlier stages of Lyndarum so it could have change since then. Check with AVJ to see whether back fences are free.
Hi Polo!

When's your house starting? I got a SMS from VicUrban this weekend spruking the Broadleaf release at Aurora on Sat 13th June.

Any other Aurora/Lyndarum residents out there?
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum