Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Highlands Estate Craigieburn

Page 13 of 13
Looking at buying a 12.5 X 28 in lot 183 - any neighbours?
What is the deal with site costs, can this be rolled into the finance? We plan to draw another 20k over what the land + house cost for this reason.
I assume you mean stage 183, not lot

Site costs come in to whatever you're paying for the whole package.
If you're only planning 20k above the house and land cost, I think you may be in for a rude shock.
My total bill is about $50k, and that hasn't included fencing, landscaping and a few other bits and pieces. That's a pretty basic house and land build.

On that land size you're looking about 180k for land, somewhere in the 145-160k ballpark for construction; expect somewhere in the region of 380k total.
Our build is starting today! Down Saltbush Cres, anyone else building down there? I have one concern and that is around fencing, now I know that fencing costs should be shared between adjoining owners, I dont think they have started building yet, so is this something we should organise ourselves?
if you contact the council, they're authorised to release your neighbours contact details to you so you can arrange fencing. For lots which don't have an owner yet, or is still in the process of settlement, you'll deal with Stockland for the unsettled block, or a nightmare for ones which have been sold

I'm in the same process, and have five neighbours(!) on my boundary - two fences are already done, two have approved it, but the third is currently awaiting settlement.
Are you able to construct the fence while build is going on is it best to wait until handover?
Yes, but you risk it getting damaged, and some builders don't want anyone else working on-site while they're doing work. If you can work with them and they're okay with it, it can work - but you might find yourself needing to replace panels down the track.
Hi all,

Anyone have any recommendations for driveway people and/or fencers?
Pretty much everyone around our area is using Maz Fencing. He's been fantastic in making sure things get followed up and fixed if there's any issues, even though they seem to be under a massive workload due to the amount of development going on.
Great, thanks. We have a month till completion so now starting to panic and organise these things!
Its good to be part of highland community. Our block will be titled next month (hopefully).
I realise this is an old post, but anyone recently build a corner fence with stockland estate? As per their guidelines it will cost me around 10,000 to have just the corner fence. A normal one cost around $1200 and I had a walk though the estate and found none of the people followed the guidelines. Do share your experiences?
Related
14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum